The Flash who is savitar !?

Possible SUPER spoiler, so don't click on the black out unless you're absolutely ready...

A few weeks ago a friend of mine sent me a set pic of [BLACKOUT]Grant Gustin[/BLACKOUT] in Savitar's suit. I was shocked, then pissed, and deleted it. For context, he's not involved in the production of the show in anyway, and is more of a casual fan. I'm trying to get him to resend that pic. When I get it tomorrow I'll post. It could be photoshopped of course.

Since seeing that pic I've been trying to make sense of things, including motivations. I've analyzed every bit of dialogue for a tell. I wish I hadn't seen it because without sufficient context I'm confused and still a little pissed.

remember just because he is in the Savitar suit doesn't mean is barry. It could be a time remnant or who knows. I mean Thawne was "Wells". The writers like to play with everyone's head.

Besides the massive build up to Savitar's reveal has everyone speculating a LOT. I truthfully wish they wouldn't drag it so long and would focus more episodes into fighting/dealing with the villains.

well the problem if some think its wally is that they showed a clip of savitar in his human form from behind, he's not black and he doesn't look like wally at all....savitar in my opinion should be a totally different person however based on abra kadabra telling barry that knowing who he is would allow barry to defeat him makes me wonder if the writers will pull a rabit out of there hats and reveal savitar being H.R or Wally somehow.

using H.R isn't original and if thats the best the writers could come up with shame on them.

they need to stop washing rinsing and repeating with the same villains and storyline betrayals, they keep using speedsters as villains make other speedsters with less experience or training seem faster or as fast as barry....and not using the same characters as villains.

Savitar being wally makes no sense because wally in the comics is another version of the flash, wouldn't make sense for savitar to be wally.

like zoom his real identity was hunter zolomon, not jay garrick....zoom was infact a totally different characte.

savitar in my opinion should be the same a totally different person, wonder if it could be future version of julian.

savitar said he created himself so what if the philosopher stone played a role in savitar giving himself speed.

all we know is if barry knows the identity of savitar he can defeat him, my guess is its going to be somebody they know or have had contact with.

I have no idea who he is, I keep thinking maybe it's another version of Barry maybe or Eddie Thawne? That's all I have.

At this point i feel that Julian is Savitar. Future Barry makes no sense because why would he kill Iris. Same goes for future Wally. HR they already had him be reverse flash in season 1 it would be stupid for them to do it again. Eddie i would say but again why would he kill Iris. Jay Garrick makes sense since he is trapped in speed force but it was his choice. It's really hard to blame Barry for that one. Julian makes sense because he is new character this season however he was already Dr. Alchemy so it would be strange for them to have him be two villains in one season.

At this point now it has to be between future Barry or Eddie Thawne, but I'm leaning towards Eddie Thawne cause honestly there's no way any form of Barry Allen would want to kill Iris. When Eddie was sucked into the singularity towards the end of season 1 the talisman on his neck is what absorbed his powers and granted him speed in the speed force, and while he was stuck in the speed force for years he could see the past, present, and future of multiple timelines. He gained hatred for Barry in this process for taking everything away from him including wanting to have Iris and be with Joe's family. Savitar's origin story on the TV show could be a combination of comic book Savitar and a Malcolm Thawne/Cobalt Blue twist. Eddie Thawne is the perfect candidate for this. Otherwise it's someone we haven't met on the show yet.

Why does Savitar then say that he was the first speedster? If he is Eddie then he definitely wouldn't be the first…..

Why does Savitar then say that he was the first speedster? If he is Eddie then he definitely wouldn't be the first…..

It's a possibility that Eddie was dropped off far in the past after he got his powers inside the speed force and had the desire to become a speedster God. We know Savitar is jealous that Barry took everything away from him which includes him being the man Iris loves and the boy Joe raised. This almost sounds like Eddie to me if Savitar's identity is someone we've known on the show.

Now I know people are going to ask "then how would Eobard still be erased from existence then?" Well, Eddie shooting himself wasn't the only reason Eobard was erased, but it was also because Eddie wouldn't say in his timeline to marry the woman who would continue the Thawne family tree Eobard comes from, so even if Eddie was sucked in the singularity and became a speedster in the speed force, that history still doesn't happen keeping Eobard erased from existence.

In season 3 episode 9 "The Present", when Jay Garrick was explaining Savitar's origin story to Barry, you could see Savitar's human form from the back and Eddie Thawne was the closest person he resembled, so I think this all of this ties up. Savitar on the TV show could really be comic book Savitar and Malcolm Thawne/Cobalt Blue combined but they're using Eddie Thawne as the villain.

Last edited:
What if Savitar is a form of the Black Flash, or Hunter Zolomon? Or he could actually be a time wraith that was created as a result of Barry messing with time once too often and also creating Flashpoint. So it would explain how Barry actually created Savitar.

Although the time wraith that chased Eobard Thawne across time and space in Legends of Tomorrow seems to be the Black Flash rather than the familiar-looking time wraith that we saw in the Flash, so they seem a little inconsistent there.

But if it's Hunter Zolomon who has been turned into the Black Flash, then Savitar could be a future version of him where he wears armour over himself to hide his appearance. He would still be sort of human then, because he was before. It would also explain why Savitar is seen as a "speed god", because Black Flash is faster than everyone else apparently.

That would allow for Julian to not have to end up being the villain (or possibly Savitar himself) and would break with the overused plot device of the big bad joining the team for the season and then betraying them while romancing Caitlin Snow. If Savitar is actually last season's villain transformed into a different form, then it would already have allowed some human character development (last season) and wouldn't just be someone they pull out of a hat whom the team have never met before or audiences have never seen before. It could also explain why Savitar wants to destroy Barry so much.

I highly doubt Savitar has anything to do with Hunter Zolomon since he is busy occupying the role of Black Flash. Plus, since the story with Zoom was last season, why re-introduce the main villain of that season again as a new villain? That'd be sloppy storytelling.

Same goes for Julian being Savitar, which is extremely unlikely given his work as Alchemy and being in the same place as Savitar. You could use the time remnant argument, but then if that's the case, why make one to interact privately with yourself?

Considering the writers have stated learning who Savitar really is will "break the fans hearts" I'd assume underneath it's either a future version of Barry himself or Wally. Remember, Savitar, verbatim, said out of his own mouth "I am the future Flash." That can be taken two ways: either he's saying he's the inevitable future Barry must face in terms of an opponent or in terms of becoming Savitar. If they're going for something with emotional weight, Barry would be the most sensible option.

I highly doubt Savitar has anything to do with Hunter Zolomon since he is busy occupying the role of Black Flash. Plus, since the story with Zoom was last season, why re-introduce the main villain of that season again as a new villain? That'd be sloppy storytelling.

Same goes for Julian being Savitar, which is extremely unlikely given his work as Alchemy and being in the same place as Savitar. You could use the time remnant argument, but then if that's the case, why make one to interact privately with yourself?

Considering the writers have stated learning who Savitar really is will "break the fans hearts" I'd assume underneath it's either a future version of Barry himself or Wally. Remember, Savitar, verbatim, said out of his own mouth "I am the future Flash." That can be taken two ways: either he's saying he's the inevitable future Barry must face in terms of an opponent or in terms of becoming Savitar. If they're going for something with emotional weight, Barry would be the most sensible option.

I was one of the posters who thought it could be a time remnant of julian but after watching the trailers and one clip showing barry in the future people seem to be upset/questioning why he's back or there.

Aso this is the first I heard about the statement the writers made, so its kind of opened my eyes to think that savitar really could be another version of barry allen or jay garrick.

Or it could be wally but in the comics and the show so far has come after barry was already the flash....I think a real shocker and heartbreaker moment would be if the reveal of savitar indeed was future barry allen or jay garrick again words like savitar being the first with speed....barry nor wally fit that category but jay does because he was the first real "flash".

The continuity has to match or be explained, because barry was never the first speedster, if the writers are paying attention to what they show us then there shouldn't be any contradictions to who savitar really is.

Well, what if it's not Jay Garrick but Henry Allen, who was turned into an evil speedster via Flashpoint?

I think the creation of Savitar is probably linked to Flashpoint and will tie into the beginning of the season, rather than that just being one incident that happened some months back.

Flashpoint can't be where Savitar was created because he stated himself he used Flashpoint as the beginning of his plot to escape being trapped in the speed-force by transforming Wally into a speedster.

I honestly think it's going to turn out to be Eddie. I can clearly see where Eddie would feel like Barry had taken everything from him in a twisted sort of way. I'm just not sure how they'd get around the first speedster thing. I guess they could relate it to Flashpoint or something to do with being trapped for so long, but my money is absolutely on Eddie.

Nah, Eddie's not a candidate as far as I can tell. Again, those involved with the show from the cast to writers and beyond said finding out who Savitar is would be a heart-breaker. Eddie being Savitar wouldn't have that affect.

I am going with Jay Garrick, just not sure if it's Season 2 or 3 Jay Garrick. lol

First off it's not Wally. We saw Wally paralyzed and in a catatonic state. By that point Savitar is stuck in speed force. Which means Wally wouldn't be sitting in that wheel chair. So I would personally rule him out all together.

It flat out can't be Eddie. I don't know why you people think it's Eddie. I'm still be hind on DC Legends so not up to date on whats transpired with Eobard Thawne. However when Eddie shot himself and died. He can't come back. Some of you keep saying he in the speed force. The episode where Flash goes in to speed force to save wally and we see Eddie isn't actually Eddie. It was speed force taking on the appearance of Eddie nothing more. So I can promise you that it's not Eddie.

I honestly think it will turn out to be some one we seen but some one where not even remotely thinking of. What I can tell you is that it's is starting to really drive me nuts that they won't tell us who the hell he is. They been teasing use with this for the whole season and it starting to drive me bonkers.

Spoilers, so going by the future, if Savitar is trapped in the speed force again, then it can't be Julian or HR, and Jay Garrick took Wally's place in the speed force so can't be him, and can't be Wally as he was catatonic with a broken back in the future. The Legends got rid of Thawne so hopefully not him as it would be lame if that was the big bad for 2 shows.

The way Killer Frost reacted to him I'm thinking it's Earth 1 Hunter Zolomon. Which is kind of a let down, but fits with the Flashpoint deal, also with the voice changing as that's Zolomon's MO, but also Killer Frost/Caitlin had feelings for Jay/Hunter still so would make sense that she would do a total 180 on her attitude when she saw it was him.

Well, based on Caitlin's reaction I'd say we're clearly supposed to assume it's Ronnie. Who else would she just submit herself to so quickly and without hesitation? That just doesn't make much sense to me, and I find it hard to believe the writers would give her that look when they're so close to revealing his identity. Now, I'm not saying that isn't Ronnie in that suit at that particular moment. That is simply Savitar's armor. Maybe he's not the one actually in it right that second? I mean...They didn't show Savitar performing anything speed related right then. And perhaps this version of Savitar isn't actually going fast at all. Maybe he's doing some sort of transmutation that makes him appear fast? Plus Firestorm's actual power is transmutation correct? This is also the process alchemists we're attempting to achieve, and the fabled philosopher's stone supposedly allowed it to be done. Hell...at this point I'm just confusing myself...

I think he's a future time remant of Barry Allen from Flashpoint

^ That's the same thing I'm still thinking. Even as obvious of a reveal as it could be, it's the only one that would hold any weight. Nobody's thinking about Ronnie nor Eddie and Julian doesn't fit the bill. Of those three, none would carry the emotional weight the showrunners are suggesting the reveal would have.

It has to be hunter, just like on the other earth how she was loyal to him as zoom. She was also close to him when he was parading as Jay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"