The Flash who is savitar !?

Reveal was too obvious and something we saw coming.

Saw it coming and yeah it still makes no sense

tumblr_oekpg4o04M1rp74xfo9_r1_250.gif

Even though we all saw this coming from a mile away, I'm interested in seeing where they go with this. Hopefully they don't drop the ball in ending this storyline.

Saw it coming and yeah it still makes no sense

That's because their are elements missing still that explain why future Berry is doing what he is doing. What has driven him to this point and what his end game is. My guess is after Berry returns to the past and future Berry tries to pick being the Flash something goes horrible wrong and it drives him insane.

It's really not supposed to make complete sense at the moment. Honestly I don't think they where trying to hide to much that Berry was Savitar. All the clues where right their.

The problem that Berry runs in to is altering the future when the future seems to be set. The fact that Savitar/Berry has all ready lived through these events makes it hard for Berry to alter the future.

I think next few episodes are going to be very interesting. I'm just glad next season we won't get a major Speedester villain.

Are we sure it isn't a future Barry from another Earth?

That's because their are elements missing still that explain why future Berry is doing what he is doing. What has driven him to this point and what his end game is. My guess is after Berry returns to the past and future Berry tries to pick being the Flash something goes horrible wrong and it drives him insane.

It's really not supposed to make complete sense at the moment. Honestly I don't think they where trying to hide to much that Berry was Savitar. All the clues where right their.

The problem that Berry runs in to is altering the future when the future seems to be set. The fact that Savitar/Berry has all ready lived through these events makes it hard for Berry to alter the future.

I think next few episodes are going to be very interesting. I'm just glad next season we won't get a major Speedester villain.

That's been confirmed already? And slightly off-topic but when they do have another speedster as the major villain of the season they should take the opportunity to introduce Godspeed.

That's been confirmed already? And slightly off-topic but when they do have another speedster as the major villain of the season they should take the opportunity to introduce Godspeed.

They'll do Johnny Quick

Are we sure it isn't a future Barry from another Earth?
the rule is every time you change something in your present to avoid a future event , what was formerly set as the future become alternate. so .... no ones sure. this has yet to be answered. we don't know what turned this version of barry into this, why he'd kill iris of all people? it's possible, yes. but til he answers this or the answer's shown other wise no one knows.

But an alternate reality can be created from time travel and still exist even when a time traveler leaves it .

Last edited:
The reveal was never going to live up to the hype. Let's just hope the reasoning behind it all is epic and makes it worthwhile. The why was always going to be more interesting than the who.

The reveal was never going to live up to the hype. Let's just hope the reasoning behind it all is epic and makes it worthwhile. The why was always going to be more interesting than the who.

Once I figured it out that was the narrative I took. Sure, the reveal has nothing on season one or two, but if the events following it are executed perfectly then it'll all balance out.
Personally, I'm very interested in learning why Future Barry is doing all of this, how he got burned, etc.

I knew it was future Barry all along. This is what Barry said in his message to rip on LoT you can't trust me in the future

I haven't watch any episodes since the crossover, but hve been keeping up with spoilers. so let me get this straight,
there's 3 Barrys now? Current Barry, future new suit barry, and now future future Barry?

So is this the version of Barry from the newspaper that went missing during Flashpoint?

Even though we all saw this coming from a mile away, I'm interested in seeing where they go with this. Hopefully they don't drop the ball in ending this storyline.

Yeah, this whole thing is gonna sink or swim on their explanation for the how and the why.

Back when we had all speculated that Earth 2 Barry may have been the secret identity of Zoom (before it was revealed that his Earth 2 counterpart was just a normal person), that reveal would have made sense.

A version of Barry, living on another Earth, that didn't grow up with loving friends and parents is something that could have easily developed into him becoming a evil speedster and would have made a nice compelling arc.

But here, it's just the sheer science and suspension of belief that goes into making an future version of Barry into a villain hard to accept.

You guys think the writers were making this up as they go?

No, I don't think so this time. I think this was planned well before the reveal, especially considering how vastly different Savitar is in the comics. Plus, if you pay close attention to Savitar's early dialogue, it was very indicative of this outcome.

Back when we had all speculated that Earth 2 Barry may have been the secret identity of Zoom (before it was revealed that his Earth 2 counterpart was just a normal person), that reveal would have made sense.

A version of Barry, living on another Earth, that didn't grow up with loving friends and parents is something that could have easily developed into him becoming a evil speedster and would have made a nice compelling arc.

But here, it's just the sheer science and suspension of belief that goes into making an future version of Barry into a villain hard to accept.

No, I don't think so this time. I think this was planned well before the reveal, especially considering how vastly different Savitar is in the comics. Plus, if you pay close attention to Savitar's early dialogue, it was very indicative of this outcome.
Still I can see what Herolee is saying, and that makes sense, but WHY enforce his reality on this one?

I wouldn't really consider that "bad writing" for Barry so much as it was him not reading in between the lines. Just about any and everybody missed that one.

A lot of people here figured it out even without realizing they were spoon fed the identity lol

It is still bad writing in the sense that Barry never considered that possibility

I can't blame him for not considering it. I imagine most people, if thrust into Barry's position, wouldn't have surmised they were going up against a futuristic doppelganger.

But I think Savitar is from an alternate future. Would be the only way that future Barry could still exist in the way he does.

On that tangent, it makes me wonder how future Barry wasn't able to ever figure out who Savitar was.

The reveal was so underwhelming. I wish the identity had been somebody else so they'd be fooling you with the whole "Future Flash" thing, but I guess everybody overthought it and it was right in your face all this time. Future Barry's face reminds me of Dwight from The Walking Dead. At the end of the day though, I still think Savitar on the TV show is Future Flash (comics) and Cobalt Blue (lost twin brother) combined together.

If present Barry or the team finds another way to defeat Savitar instead of using Tracy Band's device to trap Savitar in the speed force, then it would be great to see Black Flash (formerly Zoom) take down future Barry as revenge for his eternal imprisonment in the speed force.

I thought it was Cecile, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"