Homecoming Who is the best Flash Thompson?

Revolori gets the biggest role and I really liked how he was utilized as Peter's nemesis. However, Zylka got the most depth. I'm not sure, actually.

Zylka's was probably my favorite, but I liked the rivalry between Peter and Revolori's.

Tony, mostly because his character didn't feel like an afterthought in comparison to the other two, though I do really like how in ASM Flash tried to have a sympathetic moment with Peter after Ben died.

I think they've all kinda sucked. Raimi Flash was your generic stereo typical bully, and it was never said if he was a Spider-Man fanboy. Webb Flash, at first seemed like he'd be another stereo type, but he kinda redeemed himself when he was sympathetic towards Peter over his uncle, and he was a Spidey fanboy like he should have been. It's a shame he was cut out of TASM2 and we never got to see more of him. MCU Flash, I just don't like. Maybe he'll grow on me, but I still think Revolori is all wrong for the part.

Zylka for live-action, but if animated versions count, Spectacular's was the best hands-down.

Watched SM1 again the other day and it's Revolori, no contest.

The one in Homecoming. He may have looked different and not been a football jock, but the attitude was spot-on. He also certainly felt the most like a real character instead of a plot device.

James Franco .... :shrug:

I guess I would have to give it to Revolori as well, even-though they had to tweak the character a bit for him to fit the role (or maybe vice versa?)

although, Manganiello had the brutality/intimation factor and Zylka had the Jock thing down which are more fitting to the Flash character (since like here, ASM also put Peter in a special science school) the stereotypical "dumb Jock" didn't really make sense in that setting...

but, that said, I kinda also feel like this take on the character only could have worked in today's setting... and wouldn't have worked in any of the previous movies (at there original release times) if that makes any sense?

Zylka, easily.

He wasn't far removed from what Flash typically is (Revolori) nor was he some generic bully (Manganiello).

but, that said, I kinda also feel like such this take on the character only could have worked in today's setting... and wouldn't have worked in any of the previous movies (at there original release times) if that makes any sense?

:up:

Revolori's Flash is definitely specific to 2017.

I don't even remember Chris Zylka from TASM, so I think that should say all there is to say about him.

None tbh. Zylka had the most potential but was unfortunately underused in favor of the (admittedly good) Peter-Gwen connection. Manganiello was unmemorable besides his fight with Tobey & Tony was a basically playing a weird cross between Reggie Mantle & Draco Malfoy

HC flash by far for a few reasons.

1. Some one does not have to be big to be a bully in the movie he was just a big jerk like a duke. Some one you could really understand why some one would not like him.
2. He had like more screen time then the other 2.

Flash '02 was perfect as the typical jerk.

Flash '12 gets a higher score though for actually showing the progression of his relationship with Peter.

Flash '17 wins though.. for the bit where he asks Spider-Man if he really knows Peter. Also thought it was hilarious when he slaps Peter while running to the pool. He's a jerk too, like '02, but there's a slight hint of that genuine Flash also found in '12.

Definitely ASM.
He has a character arc which is more than any other Flash.

To be honest, it's good they tried something new with flash but I don't think it worked so well. No shade to the actor, I just think they didn't quite nail him

To be honest, it's good they tried something new with flash but I don't think it worked so well. No shade to the actor, I just think they didn't quite nail him

To repeat a few guys besides me in the Theater after the movie: "Flash Thompson is no ****ing Indian."

To repeat a few guys besides me in the Theater after the movie: "Flash Thompson is no ****ing Indian."

Yeah but the thing is, there's nothing that makes Flash any other race either.

I've got to go with Revolori. Not just because I love him as an actor, or because he was a "real character" for once, but because as someone only recently out of High School, his version of Flash is a bully that actually resonates with me. The bullies at my school weren't the big, tough stereotypes, but the entitled, self-absorbed jerks like Flash in Homecoming.

Yeah, Zylka was fine in the role and he wasn't an outright jerk, but we didn't get enough OF him. What little was there, though, I liked. As mentioned, he did show Peter some sympathy after Ben's death. I still like that "Feels better, right?" line he says right after Peter has shoved him against a locker. Flash has been a jerk to Peter for who knows how long, and the moment Peter turns the tables, albeit in a moment of weakness due to dealing with a huge loss, rather than fight back or taunt, Flash sympathizes with Peter.

Revolori by far. Alot of the critiques that "he isn't big enough" miss the point.

He's a smart, presumably straight A student in a school with highly other equally smart students.

He isn't supposed to be a meat head jock. He's not Eddie Brock.

He sees Peter as an intellectual threat so he gives him a hard time. It isn't supposed to be about physical humiliation with this version of Flash.

Each to their own but I don't see how this is a contest.

The Flash from the first SM movie pretty much is there to be a bully and nothing else.

The Flash from the SMH movie is a new kind of bully, the kind that doesn't have to be big to hurt you, can hurt you with their words.

The Flash from the Amazing movies has a character arc. He starts off as a bully and changes over the course of the movie. He is a different person at the end of the movie then he is in the beginning. Also, he hates Peter but likes SM. Closest comic accurate Flash. For me he's the best Flash.

Flash Thompson is not in Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"