Who Is Writing Man of Steel?

Discussion in 'Superman Sequels' started by bgshw44, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Jake Cassidy

Jake Cassidy Well-Known Member

Wow. That's gonna be great. :whatever:

2. Nightwing1977

Nightwing1977 Want to see my mask??

It good to have a Trekker like you tell me this. :D :D

I assume Abrams wrote ST too, since he is known for his writing skills with Lost & many other projects he did in the past. And what do you think of the pics of the guy from Heroes as Spock look? I can see some of Nimoy's look in him with the hair & makeup. Very much like how some pics of Routh as Clark behind the set of SR made him look like Reeve. :up:

3. Super Kal

Super Kal Proud Conservative

oh, I'm pretty sure he had some of his ideas put in the script...

4. bunk

bunk superhero fan

If Star Trek sucks, I'm gonna have to say no on this one.

5. Super Kal

i can almost guarantee it's not gonna suck... they said they were going to stay extremely faithful to the series, and even Nimoy said that he was impressed with it.

if this rumor is true, we could get to see a Superman movie that once again goes back to it's comic book roots. :up:

6. Pickle-El

Pickle-El Well-Known Member

Spielberg could be directing...I still would have zero interest in the new Star Trek.

That's the kind of flick I wait to watch on HBO. But, those writers seem to be good at what they want in a summer flick. I think those writers and Singer would be a great team-up. You know there'd be quite a few superfights for everyone, and Singer can handle the rest.

7. Showtime

Showtime Your Friend In Time

Agreed about Singer, Orci, and Kurtzman.

However, Singer might not want a new writing team, or he might want to select them. So many variables.

8. Super Kal

he's gonna have to choose new writers... his previous ones were let go, thank god...

9. Matt

Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

But isn't that like saying "take the plane sequence out of SR and you have an even more boring movie"? The fact is, Transformers had its effects, it had its action...so what is the point of saying "if you take this out.."?

10. buggs0268

buggs0268 Well-Known Member

That is if he is still on the project. And you know why I still think the only two reason's he is still connected in any way. And the fact is, both of his pitches bombed at the WB. I seriously think it will be a reboot with someone else. I honestly don't think Singer will want to go too far away from his already set ideas, and I don't think the WB will want to spend money on where he wants to take it.

11. buggs0268

This is why I don't even deal with the guy. He doesn't make any rational sense.

12. C. Lee

C. Lee I'm not old...I'm ancient

I've heard that in several different places over the last couple of weeks.....so it's something to not just quickly dismiss. There may be some truth in it.

13. C. Lee

If I may ask....what part of the concept? Do you not like storylines with cloning....or is it something else?

14. buggs0268

Well, in all truth though C., we have also heard multiple sources running with definate castings for JLA that turned out to be bunk. I think now something turns up on one site, it turns up in a bunch of sites, even the real media.

15. Octoberist

Octoberist point blank

OMG..it would be heartbreaking if Nolan leaves his Batman franchise so abruptly, and burning the bridges between him and WB.

16. C. Lee

That's why I don't get excited one way or the other about any rumors.....because until solid confirmation....they are just rumors. Too many people around here get overly excited about anything announced.

17. FlawlessVictory

FlawlessVictory Well-Known Member

Exactly. Transformers was great fun but I think we still need to reboot this franchise. No kid, no wig wearing real estate obsessed Lex, no Richard, no miscast Lois, just start from scratch please. Doesn't need to be an origin story either, just a new continuity.

18. Superman-Prime

Superman-Prime Well-Known Member

You're souless.

Anywho, Transformers was awesome.

As for this, I hope this is true. I must own the sequel when it comes out on DVD.

19. NotFadeAway

NotFadeAway Well-Known Member

Well they wrote it along with Abrams:woot:

20. El Payaso

El Payaso Well-Known Member

That SR has more than the plane sequences. For people who get plots beyond the action I mean.

21. Nightwing1977

Nightwing1977 Want to see my mask??

I think Singer won't have a problem with getting a new writing team. It not like he only relies on Harris & Dougherty on everything he direct. He could get Kurtzman & Orci aboard if the rumor become true, seeing he is a Trekkie & might want them to helm Superman with adding more sci-fi element. Or he could get Walker or David Hayter or whatever. We'll see.

If the ST new film impress me, I would give the 2 a chance despite hating the writing on TF. Of course, that could be Bay's fault since he isn't a storyteller.

22. hame4479

hame4479 Well-Known Member

Cool because giant robots beat the **** out of each other. Horrible script tho, I don't want these guys take on superman. **** that, I want people who actually know the character this time. I have officially given up on all of these crap projects, TDK is the only comic adaptation that has a chance, along side Iron Man that is.

23. KaptainKrypton

KaptainKrypton Well-Known Member

If in fact these two are taking a crack at Superman, then I hope that it was Bay's interference that somehow turned Transformers into popcorn fluff. Granted, there were some things that I thought were cool about the film. SOME of the dialogue was snappy (mostly Shia's), but on the whole I felt zero emotional resonance with any of the characters at the end of the thing. Just like Armageddon and Pearl Harbor. Who knows? Maybe these two could really do a Superman script some justice. I won't have a completely formed opinion until I see Trek, though. Regardless, I at least want someone who doesn't sacrifice story for explosions. Find the happy medium and run with that. But if it goes the way of Transformers, then those two can get bent...hard.

24. Showtime

Showtime Your Friend In Time

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/news.php?id=7847

25. ChickenScratch

ChickenScratch Well-Known Member

I much prefer Transformers to SR. Better writing, better directing, better characterization (plus Optimus didn't have baby mama drama). I would love to see the TF team take on Superman but Bay's already onto TF2. If Bay were to direct we would get a good sci-fi/action story with Superman actually hitting stuff!