Who is your favorite movie spy?

antonydelfini

Strange Tales
Reaction score
With the critical and probable commercial success of Ghost Protocol and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, the upcoming Skyfall, and Damon stating he would like to come back as Bourne after Bourne Legacy, the spy genre has remained strong. Now which of the popular movie spies do you like the best?

I'm not asking who has the greater legacy, or who's more relevant now, or who's got the greater box office success, we're talking about your favorite movie spy.

I love them all, but I prefer George Smiley. He is more cerebral than the others. His stories are layered and complex. He feels more like a real spy.

Not very original but I'm going to go with James Bond. I also really liked the last Mission Impossible outing, so I guess Ethan Hunt would be second.

James Bond slightly beats out Jason Bourne for me. I'm not familiar with George Smiley or Harry Palmer. I like the Mission Impossible movies, but Ethan Hunt isn't anything special as a character.

Bond
Bourne
Smiley

If we could include TV incarnations as well, Smiley comes in second for me.

James Bond, of course. Is there really any other acceptable answer? Without Bond, there would be no spy genre.

Bond.
Hunt.
Bourne.

Jack Bauer isn't a movie spy but I'll also drop his name here.

The only one that matters.

ARurMH1.jpg

Personally, I don't like Bond or the Bourne films. I'm going to go with Austin Powers.

James Bond
Jason Bourne
Ethan Hunt
Jack Ryan

Bond gets captured every film and is more skilled at seducing women then actual spy work.

Bourne, on the other hand, is the ultimate badass. He is my favorite spy. James Bond is runner up due to his status as an icon. Skyfall was great too. Ethan is close 3rd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"