Who is your favorite non-comic book movie franchise character and why?

antonydelfini

Strange Tales
Reaction score
Vote for your favorite non-comic book movie franchise character.

I included characters from different movie genres that have appeared in 2 or more movies.

If your favorite isn't here (the poll's limit is 40 options, the original list of options was 65), vote for none of the above.

I voted for Indiana Jones.

But my top 5 would be:
1. INDIANA JONES
2. JOHN MCCLANE
3. THE MAN WITH NO NAME
4. VITO CORLEONE
5. MAX ROCKATANSKY

James bloody Bond!

152-james-bond.gif

Bond at a ridiculously closed second, but I had to go with John McClane.

Bond is played by too many actors and his franchise makes zero sense. And he's been rebooted, so there's that.

I voted for the only choice that had any right of being on this list. -_- Mr. Die Hard. Indiana Jones is also a acceptable choice.

I lol when Jason Voorhees gets treated like a ***** by the woman with mind powers in Part 7. Suck it, Voorhees.

Indiana Jones followed by John McClane (pre-A Good Day to Die Hard).

Oh yeah and terrific poll choices, btw. Usually these kinds of polls are crap and are almost always not broad enough. These choices are pretty damn good, anthonydelfini.

:up:

I would have said Michael over Vito Corleone but I voted for Vito.

Bond is played by too many actors

So? All 6 actors are playing the same man.

and his franchise makes zero sense.

No more sense than any other fictional character on the list, especially the ones you mentioned.

And he's been rebooted, so there's that.

That's not really an argument.

I voted for the only choice that had any right of being on this list. -_- Mr. Die Hard. Indiana Jones is also a acceptable choice.

I lol when Jason Voorhees gets treated like a ***** by the woman with mind powers in Part 7. Suck it, Voorhees.

I would have said Michael over Vito Corleone but I voted for Vito.

Yeah Michael was in the original list I made but decided on Vito since he's more iconic.

The poll's limit is 40 options so I had to cut a lot of characters (James Kirk, Spock, Chief Martin Brody, Alan from Hangover, Chev Chelios, Benjamin Franklin Gates, etc.).

John McClane, when they get him right, he's the best movie hero by far.

Indiana Jones, followed by John McClane. I'm a sucker for "everyman" type action heroes, and they're the most charismatic of the bunch, imo.

I was about to vote for Indiana Jones until I realized James Bond was also on the list. Indy is a close second though.

To name a few:
James Bond
Sherlock Holmes
The Narrator (Fight Club)
Jack Torrance (The Shining)
The Muppets...just all of them
Alex (A Clockwork Orange)
Leonard Shelby (Memento)
Robert Angier (The Prestige)
Alfred Borden (The Prestige)
Joe (Looper)
Freddie Quell (The Master)
Lancaster Dodd (The Master)
Darth Vader

Just to name a few.

To name a few:
James Bond
Sherlock Holmes
The Narrator (Fight Club)
Jack Torrance (The Shining)
The Muppets...just all of them
Alex (A Clockwork Orange)
Leonard Shelby (Memento)
Robert Angier (The Prestige)
Alfred Borden (The Prestige)
Joe (Looper)
Freddie Quell (The Master)
Lancaster Dodd (The Master)
Darth Vader

Just to name a few.

Most of those fellows are not franchise characters (appeared in 2 or more movies)

There is only one Luke Skywalker and thus he is my answer. His arc is beautifully told. Whiny farmboy to the greatest of all the Jedi. It doesn't get better then that.

Most of those fellows are not franchise characters (appeared in 2 or more movies)

Oh. I misread the title, I suppose. I read it as "Who is your favourite 'non-comic book movie franchise' character and why?" instead of "Who is your favourite 'non-comic book movie' franchise character and why?"

I'm looking for a guy that has been through physical, emotional and psychological confrontations, is smart and clever, full of one-liners, has an iconic weapon and had to replace his had with a chainsaw.....

Ash Williams. Dur.

Indiana Jones, James Bond and Rocky Balboa are all damn good but I went with Ellen Ripley.

1. James Bond
2. Luke Skywalker
3. Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader
4. Han Solo
5. Ellen Ripley

Darth Vader, Vito Corleone, Karloff's Frankenstein monster.

There is only one Luke Skywalker and thus he is my answer. His arc is beautifully told. Whiny farmboy to the greatest of all the Jedi. It doesn't get better then that.

:highfive:

Luke gets my vote, too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"