Comics Who Really stole the Marriage.

spider-man makes a deal with a demon and ghost rider is an angel whats next?

Man oh man, if I had a dime for every time my wife and I made a pact with Satan just to save the life of my aunt who got shot because I revealed my secret ID... I hear you. Finally, finally--! I can relate to Spider-Man.

Hhahahah,

When is fatboy gonna get it that HE IS NOT SPIDER-MAN, and readers do not want to see him relive his youth and life's failings through the webslinger...

spider-man makes a deal with a demon and ghost rider is an angel whats next?

Jean Grey faked her death.

It's been really annoying me on a whole how so many writers want to re-live their youth with their constaint tributes to the silver age. Joe Q took it to another level. It's certaintly one of the most arrogant and selfish moves out of Marvel I think I've ever seen.

what confounds me are all the people who say "writers and editors have always complained about the marriage." who are these writers and editors? and what's the complaint? that he's married? that he can't go out on dates with other girls? no more trysts?

isn't there more to Peter than what girl he's trying to hook up with and keep his identity from?

at this point, i don't really care. they'll always be married in my book.

what confounds me are all the people who say "writers and editors have always complained about the marriage." who are these writers and editors? and what's the complaint? that he's married? that he can't go out on dates with other girls? no more trysts?

That's the sum of the "lost story potential" argument. Notice in in part three of Quesada's interview at CBR he never mentions specifics, just "lost story potential." What that means is "cannot date *insert random female here*"

isn't there more to Peter than what girl he's trying to hook up with and keep his identity from?

Well apparently the concept of Spidey isn't being a hero anymore - it's "Coming of Age," again going on that third part of the Quesada interview.

So in other words yes - that's all this is about. Hooking Peter up with one of the random blond girls in OMD Part IV, or Black Cat, or anyone so long as it's "anyone other than MJ."

at this point, i don't really care. they'll always be married in my book.

Ditto. The bad part is that even if Quesada weren't EIC anymore it's not likely that anyone'll bring it back.

. . . unless sale plummet . . . I mean, they've tried to get rid of MJ before, only to bring her back . . .

JMS when he started out did very well with Spidey. He wanted to focus on Peter/Spidey first and had every intention on bringing MJ back, (I remember reading that article in Wizard) and he did so and wonderfully written issue. If he strayed away from the totem area and gobby twins his run would of been great.

MJ and the Spider-Marriage is a fan favorite. I'm not saying it's everyone's favorite, but most spidey fans like it. Joe says that everyone hates it, which isn't true, he says most people hate it, which isn't true also. When MJ left the first time...sale dropped. Then she came back, sales went up...come on, do the math marvel.

Hhahahah,

When is fatboy gonna get it that HE IS NOT SPIDER-MAN, and readers do not want to see him relive his youth and life's failings through the webslinger...
Y'know... I truly believe that's what's going on here. Perverse.

Is anyone else, like depressed? I've gotten through so many hard times because of spidey. I love spider-man comics. And I love MJ. She is part of spidey comics. Queseda's hate had NOTHING to do with spider-man or story. "I don't like spidey being married so let me end it."

I honestly think this is JQ's way of dealing with issues in his own marriage and his deep-down desire to have never gotten married.

While I can sympathize, I can also see that doing what he has done is ultimately damaging to the characters, to Marvel, and to the fanbase's perception of his qualifications as EIC. Where do his loyalties lie, exactly? Is he interested in giving us good Spider-Man stories, or is he interested in using Spider-Man as a Mary Sue style proxy for himself?

He's not Spider-Man. He's not Peter Parker.

He's also a cruddy writer, apparently. All the good artwork in the world couldn't make up for what he has done.

Of course, I remember the last time a popular artist became the disastrous writer of Spider-Man. . . Or does anybody out there actually LIKE McFarlane's writing?

I'll give BND a chance-- won't pay for it, but I'll read it in the bookstore-- before I give up on Spider-Man entirely. However, if I do end up ever buying it, I hope it's not construed as my endorsement for JQ as EIC.

As far as I'm concerned, he's a failure because of his unethical approach to plot, characterization, and character motivation. He's substituting his own desires in place of Peter Parker's, and that means we're reading about a different character.

We're reading about Joe Queseda after he was bitten by a radioactive Spider. . . And frankly, I don't think I like him enough to give a *****.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"