Who should be the director?

I really like the Alex Garland suggestion

Well edgier doesn't mean 'not hopeful'.

My fear, with Johns at the helm, is that the Flash movie will be too traditional, too vanilla.

You say that, but I think that's exactly what the DCEU needs. It's what it needed from the very beginning.

You say that, but I think that's exactly what the DCEU needs. It's what it needed from the very beginning.

Yeah, I mean... I'm all for thinking outside the box, but what's happened thus far is less "thinking outside the box" and more "flying too close to the sun and watching your wings burn to a crisp". Cut the s*** and play it straight. Come at me with your "I don't want Marvel cookie-cutter blah blah blah" and your "Well, it was a deconstruction!", but you know what? The time for deconstruction was not A.) coming off the heels of a divisive first film, B.) the very first time ever seeing your two heaviest hitters facing off on the big screen, and C.) when you're trying to launch your shared universe. Construct! Give us stability! Save your big ideas for when you've really established yourself. Was the first Spider-Man the very best film a CBM could ever hope to be? No. But it got the job done. Do that with The Flash and WW and the GL Corps and Cyborg and, hell, the next solo Superman.

Deconstruction are what things like One-Punch Man and Watchmen are for.

“Sources say that the Dope director’s vision of making a movie with more edge clashed with the studio’s take.”

The marvelization of DCEU has really began?

The attempt to make CBMs that are actually palatable? Sure. :o

Me.

I want to direct a Flash movie anyway, especially starring my favorite Flash, making things on his own, as he should be doing.

Me.

I want to direct a Flash movie anyway, especially starring my favorite -Flash, making things on his own, as he should be doing.

You mean like the one Snyder is giving us in JL?:o

I really like the Alex Garland suggestion

I don't see Garland jumping aboard this moving train for much the same reason Wright won't. They're having success and building cred with their own original films, they'd probably only jump on a franchise if they could develop the film from the beginning and had enough creative control (assuming they even had interest in the project in the first place).

Well edgier doesn't mean 'not hopeful'.

My fear, with Johns at the helm, is that the Flash movie will be too traditional, too vanilla.

No edgier doesn't mean darker but it does tend to end up going in that direction most of the time . They tend to end up straying away from the source material. These characters have been around for 70 plus years . They have lasted that long and remained popular because the way they are written works (most of the time). Changes are to be expected, that comes with any adaptation . The moment you think Superman , The Flash, Wonder Woman, etc needs to be edgy or dark or changed then you have already went in the wrong direction. I'm sure his movie would have been great and amazing but would it have been true to the Flash and stayed true to the source material ? That's my worry . Not to bring Marvel in but in comparison look at their movies . They make changes here and there for story purposes or to make these characters work on film but Captain America is very much Captain America , Thor is very much Thor, etc etc etc . They are the same characters you have grown up reading and still enjoy today. I think D.C. Is wanting to go that route and after what we have gotten so far that's not a horrible thing, it's a good thing . Their tv versions are popular because they don't try to reinvent the wheel, they put a modern spin on it and adapt the true spirit of these characters . I'm ready for the DC universe because these are the characters that I love .

I love the idea of Mr. Jones laying it all down and telling him he has to go. Apparently GJ knows a lot about DC and has been doing great for the company, hope that does translate to movies. I prefer thinking it was GJs decision over WB because WB is starting to piaa me off.

I love the idea of Mr. Jones laying it all down and telling him he has to go. Apparently GJ knows a lot about DC and has been doing great for the company, hope that does translate to movies. I prefer thinking it was GJs decision over WB because WB is starting to piaa me off.

Who's Jones? I think you're talking about Johns. :oldrazz:

I'd like them to choose a director that has some experience working within the sci-fi/action genres.

There goes any hope that Warner Bros. could have a more directors-friendly and individual approach to their comic book adaptation, instead of a heavily serialized, committee driven and amalgamated one. Sad.

There goes any hope that Warner Bros. could have a more directors-friendly and individual approach to their comic book adaptation, instead of a heavily serialized, committee driven and amalgamated one. Sad.

That's a bit of an over-statement, at this point.

**** it, Brett Ratner, i mean might as well, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"