Sequels Who should be the "Female Lead" in the next film? Agent 13 or Black Widow?

Voted Agent 13. She had instant and believable chemistry with Cap. Their sweet little exchange in the hallway gave off vibes of Cap's romance with Peggy, and I think it's fitting if Cap has his last dance with Peggy in the next installment and finally moves on with Sharon, with Sharon being Peggy's relation.

Have to know the story first. For all I know, Wanda or Janet should be the female lead of the next film. :funny:

Introduce Katheryn Winnick as Agent 19.

A shield maiden would be perfect for Cap, although, I don't think Hawkeye would be happy with that turn of events.

I think I understand why Sharon didn't get a larger role in this film. It seemed to me that they were trying to alleviate any feeling of "Peggy dumping." Cap woke up and was still in love with the original Agent Carter. So in this film there is very little (if any) romantic involvement.

But they still introduced Sharon. She will be the primary love interest and female lead in Cap 3. I'm quite sure of it. That is... assuming Cap survives AoU.

Hell maybe she'll be Captain "Bucky" America's love interest. That'd be pretty cool too. No ick factor there either.

I heard reports Scarlett Johansson signed a 5 film deal when she was cast as Black Widow.After age of ultron she will have done 4 film. After that If they don't do a Black widow solo we might only see her again In third avengers.

Last edited:
Carter, of course. Though I still wish they'd give Sharon a tv series instead of trying for a Peggy series...a one season maxi-series that leads into the next Cap movie would be cool.

Black Widow has developed into one of the better characters in the Marvel Universe. I'd be fine with her headlining a movie of her own, maybe with Hawkeye as her back-up.

Carter. We've now seen Steve and Natasha working together twice, and their development/relationship in TWS was fantastic. So we've been there and done that now. I'd rather see Sharon step up as the female lead in Cap 3, with Falcon (and maybe Hawkeye) in supporting roles.

Sharon all the way. I like the dynamic between Natasha and Steve, but let's change it up a bit.

Unless Widow gets her own movie in Phase III, I think both characters should tag along with Steve & Falcon in the next movie.

It depends on which character serves the story best .

Emily VanCamp and the Russo's all referred to her as "Sharon Carter" in interviews. Also, in her first scene with Cap, she mentioned that she was on the phone with her "aunt." Anyone who knows Sharon from the comics could guess what they're probably referencing.
How is it even possible for Peggy Carter to be her aunt?

Come back to me on this topic after I see Age of Ultron. We don't know what Whedon plans yet. My guess is, if Natasha and Steve become an item, it will happen there.

I think it should be BW, the chemistry between her and Cap is too good to let go. Its part of what made the movie great. Take that away and i think you may end up diminishing Cap3.

Someone pointed out a few weeks ago that, logistically, a BW movie is still very far away because Marvel only puts out like 2 films a year and the schedule for the next few years is already full. If they were gonna do it in Phase 3 they would have announced it by now.

So unless things change there, I'll want Natasha back for Cap 3 and Sharon, as well. I don't see why we can't have both. The notion there's only room for one female character in these movies is nonsense.

I also really like the idea of the Cap movies being like their own mini-Avengers stories featuring the Cap Family, which includes Natasha, Bucky, Sam and Sharon led by Steve. I think that should be what Cap 3 revolves around. :)

She's probably Sharon's Great-Aunt; it's just easier to say aunt than Great-Aunt.
That's kind of how I took it and what makes the most sense. Calling someone great-aunt just sounds clumsy.

How is it even possible for Peggy Carter to be her aunt?

According to current Marvel comics continuity, Peggy is Sharon's great-aunt. Calling her "aunt" was probably just easier/simpler and wouldn't arose any suspicion from Cap.

Agent 13 if only Black Widow is set to pop up somewhere else. If she isnt, then I guess we just need 2 female leads.

I don't see why we can't have both. The notion there's only room for one female character in these movies is nonsense.

Absolutely, but the problem is more that Sharon and Natasha have pretty much the same skill set. Except Natasha has history with Steve and Sam and possibly Bucky, and is shown as much more competent.

Well, they're going to have to give Sharon one hell of a strong arc and outing in the next film if they want to establish her as the new female lead and possible partner in romance to Steve Rogers in the third film.

TWS did such a great job in establishing the connection between Steve and Natasha that it wouldn't be hard for an average viewer to think that they (Marvel Studios) were prepping for the two to become a romantic couple/item within future installments, let alone BW being the leading lady within the CA franchise.

Come back to me on this topic after I see Age of Ultron. We don't know what Whedon plans yet. My guess is, if Natasha and Steve become an item, it will happen there.
Yeah exactly, we have no idea where this is going yet. The look and kiss Natasha gives Cap at the end screamed "something more". A kiss on the cheek from Natasha means a lot more then a good make out session.

Bring on shazza! Widow will be busy with her own movie by then (hopefully, hint hint marvel)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"