Who should be the villain of Black Panther 2?

Discussion in 'Black Panther Sequels' started by Silvermoth, Feb 17, 2018.

?

Villain?

1. Hetut zeraze

2. Achebe

3. Moses Magnum

4. Hydra

5. Rhino

6. Madame slay

7. Malice

8. Montague hale

9. Taskmaster

10. Zenzi

11. Doctor doom

12. Namor

13. Hydra cap or red skull affected cap

14. Someone else

15. No sequels

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

What would Namor care about Vibranium?

He attacks the surface world because it is threatening the oceans and his territory. That has everything to do with Wakanda being landlocked, because he has absolutely no reason to attack them, and they couldn't exactly pollute the oceans with Vibranium either. They aren't even near an ocean at all. They are locked in on every side by land. Namor wouldn't even be able to command the water to drown Wakanda because where's that water going to come from?

If he's going to attack somewhere, it will be places like Angola, Gabon, Namibia, South Africa, Mozambique, Tanzania, Kenya or Somalia. And I'm only going by the bottom half of Africa at the moment as there are plenty of other places surrounded by ocean on the top half.

The reason he attacked the US, particularly New York, was because that is on a coastline. He would never attack somewhere like New Mexico, Nebraska or Kansas.

It would be like attacking the Bahamas because they're causing snow avalanches. :o

2. RockSP

RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

Lol...seriously? That would be for the writers of the movie to decide.

His motivations in the comics don't have to be his motivations in a movie.

Uh, no. The Bahamas don't have one of the most incredible resources on Earth.

3. Melpardus

Melpardus Registered

I just keep thinking that any war from an aquatic kingdom attacking a landlocked country -- and presumably attacking from the Atlantic Ocean if the Iron Man II easter egg checks out -- is going to be a logistical nightmare for Atlantis if Namor is bringing his whole army to bear. (Unless he wants to wage war against the whole of sub-saharan Africa with a giant tidal wave.)

Dark Raven likes this.
  4. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Don’t know honestly, his contract was signed before the universal distribution deal which is what has tied up the hulk

5. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I mention Bahamas not for the sake of resources but because I'm comparing it to a landlocked country that one is trying to attack with the ocean. In the Bahamas example, obviously since it is a tropical country with sandy beaches, there can be no possible snow or avalanches. If a country is landlocked, it means by that very definition it doesn't have any water around it but is surrounded by land in the form of other countries.

Therefore it makes no sense at all for Namor to even have any dealings with Wakanda. He can't even attack it because what's he going to attack it with when there is no water? If he goes there, he's literally a fish out of water and can't draw any strength from the sea because he's so far away from it. How will Namor even get the water from the ocean into the middle of the continent?

And you can't give Namor a completely different motivation otherwise he's not Namor anymore. If he's trying to mine Vibranium then he's more like Klaw. Why even make him an ocean-based mutant if he can't use it to his advantage at all?

6. RockSP

RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

You're working from the assumption that he has to attack them with water. Namor is a superstrong flying guy who fights out of the water all the time. Other atlanteans have suits they wear when on land. A Panther/Wakanda vs. Namor/Atlantis battle doesn't have to all take place in one spot. Some battles on land, some battles in the water. If BP can go to Korea or America to fight he can go to the ocean.

And if Namor somehow has to attack them with water, there is water in Wakanda. One of their tribes is called the River Tribe. BP & Killmonger fought on a waterfall.

If he's a pissed off super strength and ankle wing having water breathing son of a b...fish, then he's Namor. The mcu versions of these characters are different from the comic book versions and he'd no exception. I never said anything about him mining vibranium. Maybe he needs the vibranium for something that's happening in Atlantis. Or maybe Shuri tests some device in the ocean and accidentally does something that pisses of Atlantis.This is all just speculation based on unconfirmed rumors. It seems you can't imagine a reason for this battle (which may not ever happen). That doesn't mean Coogler and any other writers involved can't.

KRYPTON INC. and Spidey17 like this.
  7. Spidey17

Spidey17 Registered

BP vs Namor sounds amazing, make it happen Feigie!!!

8. Chesterfield

Chesterfield Registered

The most appealing thing about Namor and T'Challa is their frenemy/contentious relationship. These 2 ALWAYS kind of reminded me of the dynamic between Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock.

9. Speed Force

Speed Force Goober

10. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Yeah namor and panther could be the Shaw and hobbes of the mcu

KRYPTON INC. and Tg11 like this.
  11. Tg11

Tg11 Registered

I would definitely love to see a dynamic like that but at first I would have Namor start off as a semi-antagonist before aligning himself with T'Challa

Silvermoth likes this.
  12. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Yeah. Might even be fun to show t’challa questioning the avengers

13. Tg11

Tg11 Registered

But as for the actual villain I would go with Moses Magnum

14. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Yeah, I really want to see Namor, but as a semi-antagonist at most - not all-out villain.

Melpardus likes this.
  15. Tg11

Tg11 Registered

Namor as a semi antagonist...you can start off by having him and T'Challa go at it for some or most of the film as enemies before coming together to take on the greater threat