Sequels Who should be the villain(s) in the Superman Returns sequel?

R

ryankat

Who should be the main villain(s) in the Superman Returns sequel? Bryan Singer hinted that the main villain(s) or one of the villain(s) would be alien!

Brainiac = only choice.

He has intelligence and can fulfil the action requirement too.

Imagine him having all the powers of Kal-El. An in-flight superpower battle at superspeed.....thats gold.

He should be Crystal-based and reminscent of the TAS Krypton Brainiac.

Brainiac the only choice!!! Zod would be terrible, been done!

Darkseid :mad:

Will porobably be Brainiac though.

----

Last edited:
Lucid said:
They should just say f**k it and use Zod, Ursa and Non. It would fit perfectly into Singer's embarrassing rehash. I think they should try to mess up this franchise as much as possible. It's basically comedy at this point.

I voted for Bainiac because he seems like the most logical step, but where the hell is Darkseid on the list? Actually, I would probably change my answer to Bizarro, because I'm tired of seeing comic films that have machines/technology as the underlying plot device (i.e. X-Men, X-Men 2, Spider-Man 1, Spider-Man 2, Superman Returns, Batman Begins). And for a sequel I would probably like to s ee Superman fight something other than an advance alien technological lifeform. Brainiac is cool, but I wouldn't want him to be the only villain in the sequel. I would want Brainiac to also be responsible for the origin of a new villain. Like maybe Brainiac is introduced into the sequel, and creates a space wormwhole on Earth to explore other planets and it leads to Apokolips and Darkseid. OR maybe BRainiac attempts to make a clone of superman (wich LEx Luther's help) and Bizzaro is the end-result. If Brainiac is the villain...I would like there to be another villain added. And I don't want GEneral Zod, because Singer would basically be milking the Donner films for all they're worth. ANd I think Doomsday should not be used until they want to give the franchise a break...I mean, Doomsday is known for actually killing Superman, so I think that hsould be a Grand/Epic film. If they decide to do a trilogy....doomsday should be used for the very last. And I would also like to see him with another villain. I dunno, Superman is just so powerful that I would like to see him conflicting with more than one villain..just to keep things exciting and interesting.

Brainiac and Zod. Together. And give Zod a new look. More evil perhaps. Not that I didnt like the character in S2 but I want a more menacing Zod and also it would be better not seeing the same Zod again.

With the Crystals and New Krypton now in orbit around the earth I would say thats the perfect chance to bring in Darkseid.

Brainiac with Luthor as a compliment or Metallo with Luthor as a compliment.

Venom71 said:
That is a cool clip..I would like to hear Brandon deliver that line"what we have here is a rare opportunity for me to cut loose.."

Routh sounds alot like the TAS Superman... or is it just me?

Well Only Superman and Lois know that Luthor was behind NK. Luthor still has a few million dollars lying around so the best way for him to protect himself would be to donate a heap to charity and start Lexcorp to gain a public face to shield himself from Superman...

I'd love to see Supe's facing off Doomsday :)

Someone mentioned Brainiac at the con during the Singer panel. Singer said he's curious to see what Donner will do with Brainiac first in Action Comics (likely to not step on his toes). Donner seems very interested in Brainiac.

Yeah, Its the most likley.

This might be a spoiler...

A poster on here 'back in the day' pointed out that Singer was planning Supermans return to Krypton be the Nexus for a Super Villians Origin into the series... and that was Brainiac. Since Singer cut those scenes and now says he will probably put them into the next film I would say Brainiac is a safe bet now.

Brainiac,or Darkseid.

Interesting....
Mentok said:
Yeah, Its the most likley.

This might be a spoiler...

A poster on here 'back in the day' pointed out that Singer was planning Supermans return to Krypton be the Nexus for a Super Villians Origin into the series... and that was Brainiac. Since Singer cut those scenes and now says he will probably put them into the next film I would say Brainiac is a safe bet now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"