Who should be the Villain

I thought he was one dimensional and way too over the top. He came off like a Saturday morning cartoon villain when, from what I hear of the comics version, he sounds like a character with a lot of potential. Yeah he was better than Malekith because it at least looked like Lee Pace was having fun. :funny:

Yeah, but since the Guardians were morally ambiguous characters themselves, it was probably for the best that Ronan was not portrayed as a complex character. James Gunn didn't not the heroes to be defined by their villains.

With that being said though, I still liked Ronan as a bad guy. There's definitely room for improvement though. In the comics, he's not some insane radical, but rather a solider following the will of Supremor. He did come across as a scared little puppy when confronting Thanos. Id love to see Thanos bring him back from the dead just to remind him, he never did destroy Xandar and laugh at him for losing to a dance off. :)

Thanos also brings him back so Captain Marvel can beat him up. She hates the Kree for what they did to her. They actually fight in the comics back in her early days, and she knocks Ronan back the length of his ship.

Since it seems like there's very little chance of Kang getting a shot as an Avengers villain any time soon, I'd be down with that

what good villains are in CM's rogue's gallery anyway?

Ronan could've been a decent villain for Carol, but GOTG went and stole 'em

I'm torn. Love Kang. Hate time travel hikjnx and all the obvious paradoxes that stem from said time travel hijinx. Kinda sucks to be me. :)

Since it seems like there's very little chance of Kang getting a shot as an Avengers villain any time soon, I'd be down with that

what good villains are in CM's rogue's gallery anyway?

Ronan could've been a decent villain for Carol, but GOTG went and stole 'em

Yeah. What's with Marvel killing off its villains anyways? Oh well, at least Thanos will bring him back.

Last edited:

Out of curiosity, why not? Seems like he'd be the best bet for Avengers 4

I think alot of the choices for Carol if they don't get the part would also be good choices for Moonstone. I figure whomever is chosen as the baddies will come from out of the Kree mythos.

Out of curiosity, why not? Seems like he'd be the best bet for Avengers 4

well yea that's possible, but that's also probably almost a decade away
So if he shows up sooner than that in a Capt Marvel Movie, I'd be down, he's a good enough villain to feature in a few films

I think alot of the choices for Carol if they don't get the part would also be good choices for Moonstone. I figure whomever is chosen as the baddies will come from out of the Kree mythos.

For the first two films, absolutely. I feel like Moonstone works best for the third film. Mostly since I want the first film to be a passing the torch film, the sequel should be an adaptation of Live Kree or Die and then the third can be an adaptation War of the Marvels.

Use Yon-Rogg or some Kree villain since Carol's origin and powers are tied to the Kree. Leave Kang for an Avengers movie, he has no place in a solo film it would just lessen his importance.

What about Doctor Minerva? Or Min-Nerva? She's Kree, so would tie in with Carol's origins more nicely than Moonstone.

2510006-minerva.jpg

I agree that Kang should remain an Avengers villain. Bringing him into Captain Marvel would feel pretty random, imo.

If there's any major Avengers villain I could see being co-opted by Captain Marvel instead, it's Michael Korvac.

Well, according to Gunn, Kang belongs to Fox anyway.

+1 for Dr. Minerva. I think I suggested her some time ago as well. Makes sense if you've got the Kree as enemies to have a female Kree villain.

Random suggestion. What about Nebula? She's already established and her seemingly wanting to fracture away from Thanos could be what leads her to cross paths with Carol (and possibly Mar-vell).

Random suggestion. What about Nebula? She's already established and her seemingly wanting to fracture away from Thanos could be what leads her to cross paths with Carol (and possibly Mar-vell).

It's possible, but not as a major villain. Carol will probably be way overpowered for Nebula. Carol will knock her head off with one punch or pull Nebula's robot arm off. Then, Carol waits patiently for round two as The robot woman tries to put herself back together.

We also don't know what will happen in GOTG2 in regards to Nebula.

I think we are going to get Kree villains. They just make too much sense to use for the first Captain Marvel movie.

Valid points. Though I think it's fair to say that there's more to being a villain than simply going toe to toe with the hero. Mind you I think Nebula could probably take a fair beating considering what we saw in GotG. Though I think that whatever they may have planned for her in GotG2 could be more of a barrier to her appearing elsewhere.

While Karen Gillan is awesome, I'd prefer Captain Marvel's first villain to stand on his or her own and not just be a GOTG villain.

Yeah, I'll be surprised if her first villain isn't Yon-Rogg and his Kree forces, tbh. That seems as obvious a choice as Red Skull was for the first Cap film to me.

It's her 2nd film and beyond where the villains become huge question marks.

Red Skull has been a more persistent reoccurring villain, though. Has Yon-Rogg appeared in more than two Carol Danvers stories (I'm not counting the Captain Mar-Vell story that created Ms. Marvel, but I am counting the flashback to that story) and I'm counting the time he reappeared in KSD's run: Both of which were recent.

But he's the "origin villain." He's always been there for her origin, in flashbacks or whenever it's been presented. Just as Red Skull was for Cap. Doesn't mean I expect Yon-Rogg to become a recurring villain like Red Skull. Just in the first movie he seems like a no-brainer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"