1.  2022 SuperHeroHype Awards

The 2022 Hype Award Season, hosted by Lily Adler and ComicChick is officially live!

Nominations are now over! Stay tuned for the ballot coming soon!

The SuperHeroHype Awards

Who should be the villain?

Discussion in 'MCU X-Men' started by Lily Adler, Sep 14, 2022.

1. Joined:
    Aug 19, 2004
    I'd like to see eXodus as the leader of the Acolytes.

Iceman likes this.
  2. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

These organisations can be persistent long term threats too, appearing at least in the background across films, shows and spin-offs.

Shinobi Shaw likes this.
  3. Lily Adler Politically Delicious (she/her)

I can see the attempts of making MAGA allegories with this franchise.

Shinobi Shaw likes this.
  4. Silvermoth Krakoan native

I think it’s pretty much impossible not to if you’re going to tell an X story in 2022+

Iceman likes this.
  5. SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

Not really about who the movie should have as the villain, just something weird I came across. I was looking for some polls about the most popular Marvel characters and came across some graphics from GAME UK about popular heroes and villains per country from last year based on Google search volume. For the villains the top 3 make sense since they're all big villains that have had a significant presence in movies and other media in recent years (Thanos, Joker, Venom). But then in 4th place it randomly has Emplate from Generation X being the most popular villain in 11 countries among which Egypt and Indonesia. I'm pretty sure there is some error here wrt how they looked at the data because there's no way Emplate is that high above Catwoman, Lex Luthor, Magneto, Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, etc. But just thought I'd share it because it's kinda weird.
    [​IMG]

#30 SirStrangefolk, Nov 5, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2022
    Iceman likes this.
  6. katie_girl09 All kinds of smexy.

I like the idea of Graydon Creed. Would also like to see Sinister play out in the background over time and gradually emerge as a huge threat. Lowkey kind of mad that Fox messed up Apocalypse. He is one of my favourite villains (that sounds weird).

Iceman likes this.
  7. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Haha, the world map looks cool with those icons.
    :D

Hopefully Magneto, Apocalypse and Sinister feature in future versions once MCU X-Men properly get under way.

8. SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

Don't know how relevant this would be for the MCU X-Men movies going forward, but there are rumors that the villain in Deadpool 3 will be
    Danger. Based on the fact that in the teaser Ryan was reading a comic from a Wolverine + Deadpool VS Danger storyline and that scoopers are saying they're casting a woman age 30-50 for the villain.
    [​IMG]

9. Joined:
    Aug 19, 2004
    Random choice, just like most of the decisions in the foX era.

10. Weather Witch Likes Sand

I'd love to start off with the Hellfire club, so we can get Emma a long arc over several movies.

11. Joined:
    Aug 19, 2004
    Well I hope they use the actual Hellfire Club members. Azazel and Riptide looked cool in First Class but they weren't in the Hellfire Club.

Zoe Kravitz despite playing my least favorite character in first class, has come a long way into her career.

Weather Witch likes this.