Who should challenge Trump in 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Republicans are all just as elitist and wealthy as the liberal side but they figured out how to appeal to that joe average in middle America and even those rural types in the south. Even if they have never ever been in their place. It's manipulative but it works.

I'd argue the GOP is FAR more elitist and wealthy than the liberal side. That's basically how they maintain their power structure.

^Last election he seemed pretty confused about whether he was a populist or anti-populist. And he still won't be able to live down having been mayor of Baltimore and associated with mass incarceration, not progressive enough on crime or race.

How do you guys think the new info about the DNC funding in regards to Clinton will effect the party?

Also Matt, I would be interested in hearing what you have to say on this subject and the fund management situation in general.

It's not looking good. I'm hoping that it's just part of the necessary process though where everyone argues their idealogy, everyone sees the good and bad points and then people can make a decision about what to adapt and what not to.

Either way from Corbyn to Adern, it's pretty obvious the only way to win is to go more traditionally left. Definitely no center

You would think Sherrod Brown would have a good shot but it would be embarrassing if he lost reelection or even if he only barely won.

Cuomo and Bloomberg would certainly feel overly-establishment.

Zuckerberg would be entertaining but Warren or Gillibrand would probably have the best shot.

Last edited:
How do you guys think the new info about the DNC funding in regards to Clinton will effect the party?

Also Matt, I would be interested in hearing what you have to say on this subject and the fund management situation in general.

Sorry for the delayed response, life's hectic.

Its really no big deal. It seems like Brazile got a lot of the details wrong (and its far less underhanded than initially appeared...and appears to even be a case of Clinton, to some extent, saving a bankrupt DNC from itself).

To the extent that Sanders was unfairly disadvantaged, that's nonsense. There is no fairness component. The DNC is a private organization. They could opt to select a candidate by drawing names out of a hat. I've said it before, I'll say it again, it would be dereliction of duty for the DNC Chair to stand idly by as a non-Democrat pursues the Democratic nomination. I hope that if Sanders runs in 2020, Perez takes steps to block him simply because he is not a Democrat. If anyone should be pissed about all of this, it is O'Malley and Webb.

As to how it affects things moving forward, I'm not sure.

You would think Sherrod Brown would have a good shot but it would be embarrassing if he lost reelection or even if he only barely won.

Sherrod Brown is the secret weapon that the left refuses to use. This guy should be the face of the leftist movement. He has a better temperament than Sanders, is more likeable than Warren, and is able to make leftist policies attractive to blue collar, white men (Trump's base). He should've been Clinton's running mate.

That said, he is facing a very tough re-election bid next year. And while early polling is not terribly reliable, he seems to be down considerably when polled against the presumptive Republican nominee Josh Mandel (whom Brown beat in 2012).

Brown might survive. If Virginia and New Jersey taught us anything, its that a blue wave is coming, and that might save Brown's Senate seat. If he does survive, I expect to start hearing his name floated quite a bit as a potential 2020 candidate (though I don't think he'll run if Biden does, and Biden is going to run).

The Republicans are all just as elitist and wealthy as the liberal side but they figured out how to appeal to that joe average in middle America and even those rural types in the south. Even if they have never ever been in their place. It's manipulative but it works.

The GOP is extremely gifted at convincing poor and lower middle class white folks that their interests are more closely alligned with white billionaires than they are with blacks and Hispanics of comparable socioeconomic status.

brown is fake liberal.no difference between clinton and bernie sure.and voted to give military 800 more billion.i feel same thing on warren.

brown is fake liberal.no difference between clinton and bernie sure.and voted to give military 800 more billion.i feel same thing on warren.

While it may be fun to point out how your liberal litmus test is ultimately damning to your cause/enables Donald Trump, I’d Rather point out how foolish this statement is. Brown and Warren will do more for the progressive movement by breakfast than you will in your entire life, oh mighty keyboard warrior.

Sorry for the delayed response, life's hectic.

Its really no big deal. It seems like Brazile got a lot of the details wrong (and its far less underhanded than initially appeared...and appears to even be a case of Clinton, to some extent, saving a bankrupt DNC from itself).

To the extent that Sanders was unfairly disadvantaged, that's nonsense. There is no fairness component. The DNC is a private organization. They could opt to select a candidate by drawing names out of a hat. I've said it before, I'll say it again, it would be dereliction of duty for the DNC Chair to stand idly by as a non-Democrat pursues the Democratic nomination. I hope that if Sanders runs in 2020, Perez takes steps to block him simply because he is not a Democrat. If anyone should be pissed about all of this, it is O'Malley and Webb.

As to how it affects things moving forward, I'm not sure.

Sherrod Brown is the secret weapon that the left refuses to use. This guy should be the face of the leftist movement. He has a better temperament than Sanders, is more likeable than Warren, and is able to make leftist policies attractive to blue collar, white men (Trump's base). He should've been Clinton's running mate.

That said, he is facing a very tough re-election bid next year. And while early polling is not terribly reliable, he seems to be down considerably when polled against the presumptive Republican nominee Josh Mandel (whom Brown beat in 2012).

Brown might survive. If Virginia and New Jersey taught us anything, its that a blue wave is coming, and that might save Brown's Senate seat. If he does survive, I expect to start hearing his name floated quite a bit as a potential 2020 candidate (though I don't think he'll run if Biden does, and Biden is going to run).

Biden is gonna run? This a feeling or is this something more?

By the looks of it, Biden is going to run. Get ready Bernie Bros!

While it may be fun to point out how your liberal litmus test is ultimately damning to your cause/enables Donald Trump, I’d Rather point out how foolish this statement is. Brown and Warren will do more for the progressive movement by breakfast than you will in your entire life, oh mighty keyboard warrior.

of couse the anti-bernie conservatives like them.they are fake.progressive sure.just like clinton:whatever:

By the looks of it, Biden is going to run. Get ready Bernie Bros!

using term bernie bros just shows why there will be no unity.while biden would be strong candiate even though he is neoliberal it's moot point since establishment has choosen harris.

To be fair, that is something Biden said on Colbert the other night.

To be fair, that is something Biden said on Colbert the other night.

I think Biden would make a fantastic president but a part of me feels like had he had ran in 1992 or 2000, he would have been elected president.

We'll see what happens. If I had to bet, I'd guess he wouldn't run, though it would not be a bad thing if he did. his "off the cuff" statements would probably endear him to some in "middle America", but who knows.
In a recent Today Show interview with Biden, I don't like that Megyn Kelly tried to imply that Obama did kinda-sorta the "same thing" as a Trump as far as certain verbal faux-pas, but anyway....

of couse the anti-bernie conservatives like them.they are fake.progressive sure.just like clinton:whatever:

There you go... Blaming others for the fact that you can't tell the difference between an imperfect friend and a true enemy. Liberals sure know how to lose elections. See here, I'd vote for Bernie in the primaries just like I did last time, but Biden is an exceptionally experienced, thoughtful, intelligence, capable, and kind man. I'm going to vote for him... not against Bernie.
The term Bernie Bros comes from exactly what you are doing now. Bernie supporters have a habit of blindly following Bernie and only Bernie, and criticizing those who dare not to...which makes them Bros. I'm a progressive, not a cult member. I vote with my heart in the primary. And then I vote with my brain in the general. Bernie would be a fine candidate... much better than Hillary... but so would Biden.

Time to cross Franken off the list.

Due to age issues I'm going to say:

Biden/Warren 2020

Booker/Harris 2028

Or rather Harris/Booker 2028 since women will be tired of playing second fiddle.

There you go... Blaming others for the fact that you can't tell the difference between an imperfect friend and a true enemy. Liberals sure know how to lose elections. See here, I'd vote for Bernie in the primaries just like I did last time, but Biden is an exceptionally experienced, thoughtful, intelligence, capable, and kind man. I'm going to vote for him... not against Bernie.
The term Bernie Bros comes from exactly what you are doing now. Bernie supporters have a habit of blindly following Bernie and only Bernie, and criticizing those who dare not to...which makes them Bros. I'm a progressive, not a cult member. I vote with my heart in the primary. And then I vote with my brain in the general. Bernie would be a fine candidate... much better than Hillary... but so would Biden.

as bernie supporter i would have voted biden against trump.biden even now is strong candiate.but he is corporate type.just like obama who i voted for twice by the way.

the tern mberniebro is a smear towards all those who supported bernie.btw biden has already indicate a 2020 run by him would be anti-bernie just as much asnti-trump.

soe may find it hard to imagine but people supported bernie because he was closest to their views.

when dnc purged any bernie or ellison supporters from top postion it just reinforces my belief 2020 will be rigged for harris and bernie is just wasting time to run in 2020 primarys.

Harris is looking more like a potential frontrunner, but they most likely will go for Warren or someone older.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"