Who Should Die?

Odin, Fandral, Volstagg, Hogun, and Sif are my picks.

Put me down as another vote for "this thread". How about the movie do something clever and innovative, and put together a dramatic plot that *doesn't* require the cheap heat of major characters dying?

When I read these kind of posts my reaction is always... This is fiction. No one is actually going to die. What is the issue with killing iff characters? Why is this somehow too taudry to consider? Why the need for a story where every single character except the villains makes it to the end alive? Great fiction through the ages, myths, folklore, you name it, has very often featured the death of characters. Hell, Fairy Tales in their original form can feature character deaths. We are big boys and girls. We should be able to handle death happening in a story.

CW showed you can have stakes without actually killing anyone. That said it's called Ragnarok, the end of things. My guess is that Asgard will be layed in ruins by the end of the film so there will be definitely deaths. Not Hulk and Thor of course and i don't think Valkyrie either since the actress is young, talented and the character has a lot of potential. Everyone else is on the list though.

A lot of stories are like CW true... But must EVERY story be that way? Why is it upsetting to some that these live action adaptations could have main or supporting character character deaths, and by that I mean of course the genuone article and not "fake out" deaths. Why do character deaths somehow de-ligitimize a narrative for some?

Well, now that we know that the movie with have both Hela and Skurge, I think Skurge will die in the most epic way possible.

skurge6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"