Who should direct The Flash?

I could see Doug Liman doing this well, in terms of getting a Flash that fits into the current DCCU. Things would be "serious" as Snyder wants, but still provide a good amount of fun.

That being said, I wouldn't want Doug Liman, or any director, unless they themselves WANTED to direct the film as their own passion.

But yeah, style wise, I can see Liman fitting into what DC wants. It'd probably lose much of the comic essence of the Flash, but... it'd fit. That being said, I don't see the Flash or superheroes being his personal choice, so in that aspect it wouldn't work out, since he'd probably turn it into some... spy movie...
In terms of being comic, The Flash should have his own tone, and I'm all for it, but a comedy of nice taste. I don't want the comedy to take out the tone of the movie. You know, more or less... balanced.

Could Flash be a possibility?

Steve pointed out that Warner Bros. is a studio that likes to take care of its filmmakers, and since Wan hit it off so well with The Conjuring, Steve addressed the possibility that WB may want to keep Wan in the fold to take the helm of one of their DC Comics Universe films:
“Yeah it’s weird. Continuing that family tradition, [Warner Bros. is] like that and it’s almost like they’re very old school in that respect, which you don’t see much of anymore.”
More directly, Steve asked Wan if there’s a specific DC property that he would be interested in adapting:
“Yeah, there are some that I like… I am open to all possibilities at this point.”
http://collider.com/the-conjuring-2-story-script-james-wan/

Jeff Sneider suggested (20:40) that WB may be in a tug-of-war with Sony for Chris Miller/Phil Lord directing this vs Ghostbusters.

Last edited:
That'd be too good to be true, we already know Lord and Miller turned down Ghostbusters though and both the Ghostbuster movies have directors attached

That'd be too good to be true, we already know Lord and Miller turned down Ghostbusters though and both the Ghostbuster movies have directors attached

I don't know, they turned down Ghostbusters 3 a while ago, but the two films being made right now are not Ghostbusters 3. Supposedly, there are four Ghostbusters films being planned. One has Feig attached. The other has the Russos attached. But Ivan Reitman wants them to shoot that in the summer of 2016. It seems like they will be very busy with the Avengers two-parter.

Lord and Miller would be perfect for this, screw Ghostbusters.

Send assassins to Sony Studios, WB!

EARN THIS!!!! :argh:

The Flash > Ghostbusters reboot. Lord and Miller might be a better fit for Ghostbusters though.

I want Brandon Vietti and Greg Weisman to direct Flash.

I want Brandon Vietti and Greg Weisman to direct Flash.
Can they make the project without it getting an early cancellation?
I want them to make a DTV first, and prove they can handle movies to an extent before handling a live action project.
I'd like to see them make an episode for the Flash series.

Fantastic choices by WB's/DCE if they hire the John Wick directors for Aquaman or any DCU property and if they hire the LEGO MOVIE directors for The Flash movie!

Get it done WB's!

Lord and Miller would be perfect for this, screw Ghostbusters.

Yup!

I don't see the GhostBusters reboot being the right fit for them actually. They should be smart and see that The Flash movie would be perfect for them!

Who knows what they choose....maybe they do both?

Lord and Miller are a better fit for Shazam IMO.

Even though tone would be an issue for me, in terms of crafting a story that deals with the speedforce , time, second chances etc, I would actually go with Chris Nolan or Johnathan Nolan for a Flash film.

Putting TDK trilogy to the side, I think of their films such as Memento, The Prestige, Interstellar, Inception , and Person of Interest, which deal with alot complex philosophical and theoretical themes in addition to people having to come to terms with choices and decisions they've made , would be perfect for the story of the Barry Allen , particularly if you're dealing with The Reverse Flash and time travel.

My reservation with the Nolan's is that they can often be cold and detached in terms of emotions and heart , which I would think is crucial for a Flash film to work. I wouldn't want another MOS which was did suffer from a lack of humor and joy. At the same time, you don't just want a one to one copy of the the series. So grounding this Ezra Miller's Flash more in the real world setting the DCCU is going for could also work ,assuming its not brooding and dark.

I actually think they could do a good job with it if they lean more towards the Sci-Fi side of films like Interstellar, Inception, and Prestige and away from the more brooding films like TDKR and MOS.

^^ Geez... that contradictory and odd post really was :funny:

to make it simple... they won't make a Marvel type of movie if that's what you seem to want and from the Nolans brothers? :funny: I guess you're in the wrong company, pal. Your tastes may be satisfied with the other company ;)

Last edited:
^^ Geez... that contradictory post and odd post really was :funny:

to make it simple... they won't make a Marvel type of movie if that's what you seem to want and from the Nolans brothers? :funny: I guess you're in the wrong company, pal. Your tastes may be satisfied with the other company ;)

What I'm saying is, that I think the Nolan's could do a good job with a more sci fi themed Flash film in the vein or Interstellar and Inception, but that I wouldn't want it to be as dark as TDKR or MOS.

Nothing contradictory there. Interstellar and Inception aren't dark films at all. They are more grounded sci-fi films. And , Nolan's films also have humorous elements to them though it varies. If you think they can't make a Flash film that would be different in tone than TDK films or MOS, i'd say you're very wrong . I pretty sure they could pull off a Flash film.

And no, Superman is not Flash, he's not a joke maker nor a playboy and happy one. Flash has his own personality and he won't have the same personality as Clark or as Bruce. thank godness that they aren't copying the same "fun personality" to all the heroes. All DC heroes have different personality. That's why all of them complement each other with each ones trates.

If you don't like the approach that's fine, but don't pretend something that won't happen. Flash while having it's own traits (it's BEEN DEVELOPED BY THE LEGO GUYS) will fit in its own way into the new DCCU that MOS started , no matter if some just can't accept that fact. It's happening.

I guess we'll see what happens :shrug:

Last edited:
And no, Superman is not Flash, he's not a joke maker nor a playboy and happy one. Flash has his own personality and he won't have the same personality as Clark or as Bruce. thank godness that they aren't copying the same "fun personality" to all the heroes. All DC heroes have different personality. That's why all of them complement each other with each ones trates.

If you don't like the approach that's fine, but don't pretend something that won't happen. Flash while having it's own traits (it's BEEN DEVELOPED BY THE LEGO GUYS) will fit in its own way into the new DCCU that MOS started , no matter if some just can't accept that fact. It's happening.

I guess we'll see what happens :shrug:

You're basically arguing with yourself . If you wanna argue about what DC is and what Marvel is , that's up to you. I could really care less. I'm just saying the Nolan's could do a great job with the Flash. You're not arguing that they can't , so I guess you agree that they'd be a good fit if given the opportunity. Yes Flash has it's own traits, and yes its being developed by the Lego guys. We're talking about directors. The Nolan's aren't gonna direct it but I think they'd do a good job. You haven't said if they would or wouldn't since you want a Marvel vs DC argument.

How about Bryan Fuller? Pushing Daisies, Hannibal, Wonderfalls creator? Guy's pretty good. He go Heroes back on track in its fourth season. I'd love to see him handle a supehero flick. He has the right kind of mood with a lot of his stories. It'd go well with Flash, imo.

The Wachowskis.
Two words: Bullet Time. :wow:

It also helps that they made a movie called Speed Racer, in which SPEED and RACING were a primary focus.
They popped in my head first when I saw this thread, but I don't know. I don't think so. Maybe SHAZAM or Cyborg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"