Who should John Cena Play?

Dasher10

I'm like Deadpool IRL
Reaction score
When it comes to actors who could physically be large enough to play some of the big guys in the Marvel U and need an actor with name recognition, which role would suit him best?

How about nobody? :)

Just look at how big Chris Evans' arms are in the Civil War trailer when he's holding on to the helicopter? Why cast a wrestler that can't act when Marvfl could simply make their actors bulk up?

John Cena has a very natural comedic timing; for me, that is a greater asset to him as an actor than his strength and muscles.

I know this is a Marvel forum, but seriously, Booster Gold. I think he was born to play that. He practically IS that.

John Cena has a very natural comedic timing; for me, that is a greater asset to him as an actor than his strength and muscles.

I know this is a Marvel forum, but seriously, Booster Gold. I think he was born to play that. He practically IS that.

Except he's too big to be Booster Gold. BG is limber. He isn't buff.

DC is taking the wrestlers. I thought it would be just perfect if Cena was Shazam. If anyone in Marvel...hm. -Flint Marko
-The Rhino
-Venom
-Johny Storm????(mightbe a bit too big)
All in all John Cena can't get any smaller because he needs his muscles for wrestling. So you'd really have to cast him as one of the bigger villains or heroes.
-

Random thug who gets killed by the Punisher.

DC is taking the wrestlers. I thought it would be just perfect if Cena was Shazam. If anyone in Marvel...hm. -Flint Marko
-The Rhino
-Venom
-Johny Storm????(mightbe a bit too big)
All in all John Cena can't get any smaller because he needs his muscles for wrestling. So you'd really have to cast him as one of the bigger villains or heroes.
-

Okay, I can see him as Sandman. I'm not sure if he's Rhino material though since he isn't Russian enough and I'm not sure if he can pull off the accent.

Venom... not really. John Cena isn't typecast as somebody menacing enough to be Venom.

And absolutely no to Johnny Storm. Just like with Booster Gold, he isn't small enough to be Human Torch.

Okay, I can see him as Sandman. I'm not sure if he's Rhino material though since he isn't Russian enough and I'm not sure if he can pull off the accent.

Venom... not really. John Cena isn't typecast as somebody menacing enough to be Venom.

And absolutely no to Johnny Storm. Just like with Booster Gold, he isn't small enough to be Human Torch.
Rhino is Russian? I thought Kraven and Chameleon where the ones with the accents? Then again the only exposure I've had to Rhino is Spectacular Spider-Man and SM: The Animated Series.

Still think if anything he should be Shazam though. JC has that baby man face that I could imagine being a kid. And he can stand to the Rock.

I clicked to check if I was in the right forum.

In the Marvel movies, I'd say Cap or nearly any of Spidey's muscle-bound baddies.

Ooo, really good idea there. I'd love to see Cavills reaction to that. :funny:

Rhino/Aleksei Sytsevich is Russian in the comics, but I don't think he's popular or important enough for anybody but the most diehard fans to care if it stays that way. After the comically bad ASM2 version, it might be better if he wasn't.

He could play a nameless space jobber in GOTG vol 2.

To be torn apart in a hilarious gag by Drax.

The Invisible Man, You can't see me.:hehe:

I'm a big John Cena fan but he shouldn't be portraying any superhero in any universe. Just because he's a huge guy doesn't mean he fits the bill. A superhero role just doesn't suit him, imo.

He could be one of the Wrecking Crew
one with no lines

For those of you saying he's too big, he can easily cut down in size.

I'd like to see him as a villain, although he would be a solid Wonder Man or even Marvel's Hercules. Ultraman for a villain role. (Edit: forgot I was in the Marvel section, but I'll leave the Ultraman selection anyways)

Falcon and Cap are hanging out and go see a wrestling match. John Cena is one of the wrestlers. He's playing himself.

Don't cast him in a superhero film; cast him as the lead in the next Transformers movie and refer to him as the guy who ate Mark Wahlberg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"