BvS Who should kill the big bad?

So who/what is the threat that put's mankind in greater danger than it's ever known before? It's already seen Zod so it's someone bigger. Read those words' and think about. It aint Lex. Lex is big but he aint a "mankind" level threat.

Not Lex? Why not? Because he's not built like a spiky Hulk?
Give me a break.
Lex can be a tremendous threat. He doesn't need to be this so called "physical" threat, all he needs is both his wiliness and his money that gives him the power to be such a threat. Why do you think he's considered Superman's arch-nemesis over characters like Doomsday and Darkseid? This "threat that put's mankind in greater danger" doesn't automatically mean some super-powerful alien/cyborg/god-like enemy. That statement alone is not proof of a second "big Bad" villain.
Anybody that uses that one phrase as proof of another "Big Bad" are reaching.
Who knows, maybe there is, but as of yet, there's been no definitive proof of it, that one very vague statement in the synopsis notwithstanding.

Last edited:
What if the threat is nuclear war?

As referenced in the dark knight returns but in retaliation by a nuclear armed nation thinking that superman is a weapon for america?

What if the threat is nuclear war?

As referenced in the dark knight returns but in retaliation by a nuclear armed nation thinking that superman is a weapon for america?

There ya go.
That's at least as believable, if not more so, than a second villain. There's plenty of other scenarios, some of which Lex could indeed be responsible for behind the scenes that could qualify as the Big Threat To Mankind other than this supposed "Big Bad".

Have Everyone combine their arms to create one bad place of a super neck crack hyper combo move.

:hehe:

I wish the lady to do the killing.
However fr the history, it is always the man who kills the baddy. Sorry superman is an alien.

However fr the history, it is always the man who kills the baddy. Sorry superman is an alien.

Yes. They had to get a human being to kill the bad guy in MOS, remember. :sly:

Josh Trank should kill the big bad, in an effort to redeem himself for Fant4stic.

Ma Kent will kill Doomsday and Lex bet on that.

Could be awesome if it was like a team take down. All three of them using a synchronized attack on one powerful villian could be an action scene that would go down in history. Actually I would've to see a few instances of a team take down especially Batman/Superman duo attacks. Not only that but just all around support. Like seeing a bunch of rubble about to crush Batman, then all of sudden a red beam turns the rubble to ash would be great.

Last edited:
Batman or Wonder Woman
It would destroy all of Superman's development in MOS and district from the film if he kills again

Batman or Wonder Woman
It would destroy all of Superman's development in MOS and district from the film if he kills again

I think having Batman kill a giant creature would be predictable, cliche, and dare I say-unrealistic. Having Superman kill it might reflect poorly on Superman's character-I'd like him to be spared from killing for this movie. WW should do it. I think it would be cool, and prove her to hold her own with the men, as long as it's a group effort, and not her solo, of course.

Not Lex? Why not? Because he's not built like a spiky Hulk?
Give me a break.
Lex can be a tremendous threat. He doesn't need to be this so called "physical" threat, all he needs is both his wiliness and his money that gives him the power to be such a threat. Why do you think he's considered Superman's arch-nemesis over characters like Doomsday and Darkseid? This "threat that put's mankind in greater danger" doesn't automatically mean some super-powerful alien/cyborg/god-like enemy. That statement alone is not proof of a second "big Bad" villain.
Anybody that uses that one phrase as proof of another "Big Bad" are reaching.
Who knows, maybe there is, but as of yet, there's been no definitive proof of it, that one very vague statement in the synopsis notwithstanding.

an idea I toyed with is that Lex is manipulating events to cause Batman and Superman to fight. He manipulates the government into coming to him for help and getting his hands on kryptonian tech. Lex discoveres two things...kryptonite (because its a left over from the WE) and the tech to harness energy from the Earth's core. Because of the world we live in anyone that comes up with a new source of energy is pretty much a gadzillionaire...Lex develops the tech further and uses it to rebuild Gotham. Lex makes a device that harnesses the Earth's core and is powered by kryptonite.
Lex turns on the device and all of a sudden something happens the machine malfunctions and now every person on the planet's life is in peril.
The trio have to put aside their differences to save the planet and try destroy the machine. Lex sends his super soldiers to protect it and you have Batman, Superman and WW fighting these soldiers...why can't Superman handle them by himself...they are armed with kryptonite bullets and weapons.
The machine is destroyed.
Lex is caught in the backlash and it burns away his hair.
Earth is saved.

That is a plausible explanation on how Lex could be a threat that put's mankind in greater danger.

an idea I toyed with is that Lex is manipulating events to cause Batman and Superman to fight. He manipulates the government into coming to him for help and getting his hands on kryptonian tech. Lex discoveres two things...kryptonite (because its a left over from the WE) and the tech to harness energy from the Earth's core. Because of the world we live in anyone that comes up with a new source of energy is pretty much a gadzillionaire...Lex develops the tech further and uses it to rebuild Gotham. Lex makes a device that harnesses the Earth's core and is powered by kryptonite.
Lex turns on the device and all of a sudden something happens the machine malfunctions and now every person on the planet's life is in peril.
The trio have to put aside their differences to save the planet and try destroy the machine. Lex sends his super soldiers to protect it and you have Batman, Superman and WW fighting these soldiers...why can't Superman handle them by himself...they are armed with kryptonite bullets and weapons.
The machine is destroyed.
Lex is caught in the backlash and it burns away his hair.
Earth is saved.

That is a plausible explanation on how Lex could be a threat that put's mankind in greater danger.

sorry but that sucks, Superman is useless in this case.

sorry but that sucks, Superman is useless in this case.

Superman at full power sort of negates the need for Batman and WW.
It also gives us the chance to see a weakened Superman at the mercy of Batman, who decided that he should die, but can't bring himself to do it.

Luthor should kill the big bad.

Especially if he creates it.

Make himself look like a hero.

Having Lex unleash or team up with something vastly more physically powerful only to usurp its power and betray it has been a favorite theory of mine for years when it comes to Superman movies.

I'm half convinced that Lex is orchestrating both the BvS confrontation from both sides and preparing something involving Zod's body to unleash against them mid battle, when Superman is still weakened and Bruce's suit is broken. And that Wonder Woman will be the only hero initially aware of the creature, then we'll see the Trinity defeat whatever it is, but Lithor will somehow emerge unscathed, with the exception that his allies and enemies now know where he stands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"