Infinity War Who should play Death?

Some of these changes are going to happen. They already made Tony Stark the creator of Ultron.

Not that Death needs to be portrayed by an A-list or Oscar worthy actress, but Fox wouldn't be right for it, imo.

Does marvel even own rights to Lady Death? Death is also a big part of Deadpool's background/character development. Could be same situation as Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch as each studio has a claim to them

Does marvel even own rights to Lady Death? Death is also a big part of Deadpool's background/character development. Could be same situation as Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch as each studio has a claim to them

Death originated in the Thanos stories and primarily appears on the cosmic side of things. There's no real claim Fox would have to Death.

But like I said I'm assuming Death will be Hela anyway.

Yeah, I can't see how Fox would have any say so in how the character is used. Even though she's been linked to Deadpool, it hasn't really been enough for them to make a solid case. Beyond that, thus far it doesn't seem like they intend to go that route with the film version of DP...at least not yet, anyway.

Cate Blanchett is officially Hela.

Wait so is Death like a villain? Or no? I still don't know...

Shouldn't Thanos be the big bad, and not Death?

No one said Death would be the big bad. We were talking about if Hela should replace her as Thanos love interest. Which I think is a geeat idea. Because to death themed villains is stupid.

I'm fine with Loki taking Mephisto's role. He's popular and has been properly introduced already, plus Mephisto's role and dialogue from the comic would fit well with the MCU version of Loki.

Hela and Death are two very different characters, and Death just standing there without talking is massively important and the whole reason why Thanos Quest and Infinity Gauntlet happened in the first place in the comics. I'm fine with Hela being somehow associated with Death, but in my eyes they simply can't be the same entity. I think they could also play with the question of whether she's actually there or just in Thanos' mind if they wanted. We already know Infinity, Eternity, Death and Entropy exist anyway, from GotG.

3hK3mrk.jpg

Last edited:
I dom't know, if it happens it happens dude. Comics are confusing and I think it'd make it easier but I'm slowly alternating back and forth between caring and not caring and right now. I just don't care sorry.

I'm fine with Loki taking Mephisto's role. He's popular and has been properly introduced already, plus Mephisto's role and dialogue from the comic would fit well with the MCU version of Loki.

Hela and Death are two very different characters, and Death just standing there without talking is massively important and the whole reason why Thanos Quest and Infinity Gauntlet happened in the first place in the comics. I'm fine with Hela being somehow associated with Death, but in my eyes they simply can't be the same entity. I think they could also play with the question of whether she's actually there or just in Thanos' mind if they wanted. We already know Infinity, Eternity, Death and Entropy exist anyway, from GotG.

3hK3mrk.jpg
Who's to say Death in GOTG wasn't referring to Hela though?

Just say Death has many forms or can appear differently to different people. There. Problem solved.

I bet you a kajillion internet dollars that Hela and Death are the same thing in the MCU

I bet you a kajillion internet dollars that Hela and Death are the same thing in the MCU

You're on.

Hela must talk, because they're not going to have her be silent for the whole movie. As the main villain, she must have dialogue to work. Also, she'll be a villain. Death's role in any of the Thanos stories these movies will draw from (The first Thanos War, Thanos Quest, Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity War, etc.) requires Death to strictly not talk (except for maybe one line at the very end), or otherwise completely undermine the kind of relationship Thanos has with Death.

Also, by making Hela and Death the same, that would already set Thor up to lose in Ragnarok, as he can't defeat her.

Death should never be a villain. Death is not evil, she just is. She is inevitable and required for the balance of the universe.

Plus Hela being the literal goddess of death would be very inconsistent with the whole "we're not gods" thing we have going in the Thor movies. She might be a servant of Death, sure. But both characters have some requirements for their characters and role in the narrative that go against each other.

Death's role in any of the Thanos stories these movies will draw from (The first Thanos War, Thanos Quest, Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity War, etc.) requires Death to strictly not talk (except for maybe one line at the very end), or otherwise completely undermine the kind of relationship Thanos has with Death.

You're assuming these are gonna be a literal adaptation. They won't be. Mavel doesn't do literal adaptations. They'll do movies that borrow heavily from certain stories (Winter Soldier, Iron Man 3, Civil War), but they end up making quite a few changes.

Also, by making Hela and Death the same, that would already set Thor up to lose in Ragnarok, as he can't defeat her.

Given that
they just ended Civil War with the Avengers losing and Zemo getting exactly what he wanted, I don't think that's too far outside the realm of possibility.

Ya MBJ I agree. I think it would make sense for Thor to lose in Ragnarok in terms of narrative

Is it possible that death might be conveyed as possibly being a figment of Thanos' imagination.

He is insane after all.

Morena Baccarin but that ship has sailed. . . .

So how about Ashley Judd?

If it keeps Cate Blanchett around longer, then by all means make Hela the MCU version of Death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"