Who should play Ms. Marvel if she gets her own film?

The character "at the center of the storytelling and butt-kicking" in every X-film but First Class is Wolverine. His perspective is the audience's perspective. The rest of the characters you listed have a little action and maybe a subplot or two but it all flows through Logan

Suzanne is very clearly referring to the lead role in these films, as that is the entire basis of this thread and the larger conversation about female representation in the genre

All of those ladies "kicked butt" and most of the them were part of the "central story". Wolverine is the lead character sure, but not the only character!

Fox has done a better job than any other superhero movies studio when it comes to females with powers.

Last edited:
Of the leading ladies of Marvel. The films I most want are Ms Marvel, Elektra (done well), Spider Girl (May Parker), and Black Widow.
An Inhumans movie with Crystal as the lead would be nice, too. People will probably want Black Bolt as the lead but I think he'd work better as a badass supporting character. Crystal is a good gateway into that world and the quirkier characters, like Star-Lord is for Guardians

And you know that how?

If they plan on making a movie based on Carol Danvers, I don't see them making a movie on Monica.

If Monica does show up in MCU, it may not be until Avengers 4 (if there is one), in which by that time, the current lineup of actors will have moved on to other projects and she'll have missed the big battle with Thanos.

She would be a nice addition to MCU.

We'll see. Marvel has surprised us before, such as GOTG.

Having said that, I would pick Kerry Washington over Rosario Dawson for Monica.

Last edited:
The character "at the center of the storytelling and butt-kicking" in every X-film but First Class is Wolverine. His perspective is the audience's perspective. The rest of the characters you listed have a little action and maybe a subplot or two but it all flows through Logan

Suzanne is very clearly referring to the lead role in these films, as that is the entire basis of this thread and the larger conversation about female representation in the genre
Actually the first X-Men movie was kind of Rogue/Wolverine split but I'd agree with the rest of the films being seen mostly through his eyes.

Actually the first X-Men movie was kind of Rogue/Wolverine split but I'd agree with the rest of the films being seen mostly through his eyes.

Agreed, X1 was Rogues story, just told to the audience through Wolverine.

This, pretty much. Also, I agree to what Chewy said. The focus of (Singer's) X films has been, and likely will continue to be Wolverine, with Magneto and Xavier sharing protag duties in FC, likely in DoFP as well. Jean Grey and Rogue probably come closest to any female character with any sort of POV, but even they are used to serve stories to drive both Wolvie's, Magneto, and Xavier's stories forward. Ditto with Mystique. And don't even get me started with Storm's portrayal in the X-Films.

What I'm talking about is bona fide, full on lead roles, characters that drive, tell, and move the story. I think Jean, Rogue, Storm, Mystique are all capable of that, as well as a slew of other female mutant characters, but they're all at Fox and tied up with them for the foreseeable future. Sue Storm is as well, although who knows if they can't get the FF franchise back off the ground.

For MCU, we have Black Widow, Sif, Carol Danvers, Monica Rambeau, Mockingbird, Jessica Drew, Jessica Jones, Tigra (yes, I love her, so sue me LOL!), Janet, Kate "Hawkeye" Bishop... Any of these characters can drive, tell, and move story if the script and investment in the characters are right.

Agreed, X1 was Rogues story, just told to the audience through Wolverine.

That's pretty much what I'm saying though. It was Rogue's story through Wolvie.

I'm wanting a movie where I'd get Rogue's story through Rogue herself. No Wolverine in sight... although a cameo would be okay.

And I'd further argue that Fox Studios, though they have access to Marvel's most well-known female heroes, have the same problem that all studios have; they do not put their female characters front and center. Or else we'd have X-Men Origins: Rogue, or X-Men Origins: Jean Grey.

That's a fault with ALL studios though.

Last edited:
If they plan on making a movie based on Carol Danvers, I don't see them making a movie on Monica.

If Monica does show up in MCU, it may not be until Avengers 4 (if there is one), in which by that time, the current lineup of actors will have moved on to other projects and she'll have missed the big battle with Thanos.

She would be a nice addition to MCU.

We'll see. Marvel has surprised us before, such as GOTG.

Having said that, I would pick Kerry Washington over Rosario Dawson for Monica.

I just want Kerry Washington in a Marvel movie, that's all. I adore the crap outta her. She would've made an epic Storm!

I just want Kerry Washington in a Marvel movie, that's all. I adore the crap outta her. She would've made an epic Storm!
Agreed, Kerry Washington is great. I was actually thinking maybe she could play Misty Knight in a Heroes for Hire movie, or maybe a TV show.

Agreed, Kerry Washington is great. I was actually thinking maybe she could play Misty Knight in a Heroes for Hire movie, or maybe a TV show.

Oooh! I really like this idea! Heck if they first introduce her on the side in Agents of Shield, they could build her up until they actually do a flick. I know people often mention how Shield could be a springboard, but it could work with them running into a detective during a particular case(Misty) we see her in an episode or two, cameo here and there in a movie, and bam. Full on Heroes for Hire Flick utilizing a few familiar faces. :woot:

Kerry has her own TV show, so a Heroes for Hire TV show would be out of the question.

Well when you consider that Elizabeth Olsen is currently rumored to be in talks for Scarlet Witch, it's pretty Obvious who Sackhoff may be playing in Age of Ultron. I think we're finally getting Carol Danvers on the big screen. :D :D :D :D :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

The only downside is that with the Mystique rights at Fox, Scorpion rights at Sony and with Ronan off fighting the Guardians, the only real options for solo film villains are Moonstone, Cru, MODOK, Kerwin Corman, Scientist Supreme, Warren Traveler, Doomsday Man, Supreme Intelligence and cars.

Does anyone know who owns the rights to Deathbird or The Brood? If Fox owns both of those, that kind of means two less villains for Carol to fight.

As long as a demon named Marcus isn't the villain, I'm good.

You need Kree for the intro so it's gotta be Supreme Intelligence with Yon-Rogg for a first film. Moonstone is her arch, in a way, so I'd bring her in for the second one, and finish with MDOK/Scientist Supreme or some other AIM stuff.

An Inhumans movie with Crystal as the lead would be nice, too. People will probably want Black Bolt as the lead but I think he'd work better as a badass supporting character. Crystal is a good gateway into that world and the quirkier characters, like Star-Lord is for Guardians

Now that IS interesting, and works best, imho. Black Bolt as the lead scarcely makes sense... he doesn't even talk! Crystal is the one with the journey, with the arc, who wants to go into the rest of the world... definitely. Great call.

You guys are way off. Clearly Vin Diesel is playing Ms. Marvel.

You need Kree for the intro so it's gotta be Supreme Intelligence with Yon-Rogg for a first film. Moonstone is her arch, in a way, so I'd bring her in for the second one, and finish with MDOK/Scientist Supreme or some other AIM stuff.

Now that IS interesting, and works best, imho. Black Bolt as the lead scarcely makes sense... he doesn't even talk! Crystal is the one with the journey, with the arc, who wants to go into the rest of the world... definitely. Great call.

Ah, I forgot Magnitron. Thanks for the reminder.

Also, I see MODOK as more of a villain for Hank Pym and Cap, especially since Hank's arch enemies are all affiliated with AIM but Carol also manages to fight them as well and occasionally Tony and the Fantastic Four.

True, in such case, for her third film, fuse her story with the In humans, which works well on the Kree genetic mod front as well as the ersatz X-Men front, and the cosmic front too, come to think about it.

Oh I don't know about the Inhumans. It might be crowded enough as it is. Maybe cameo her as carol in avengers 2 then slingshot over to a guardians of the galaxy sequel and then off to her own film!

True, in such case, for her third film, fuse her story with the In humans, which works well on the Kree genetic mod front as well as the ersatz X-Men front, and the cosmic front too, come to think about it.

You're also forgetting that Cru is part of her character development and they eventually merge.

Also, when it comes to tie-ins, she has just as much potential for a crossover with War Machine as she does with the Inhumans. Yes, she was a member of the Starjammers but I see her guesting in Guardians and Inhumans sequels after her first solo film rather than costarring with them as her intro. Odds are, she's going to debut in Avengers 2 when Rhody calls in an airstike and she's just a cameo.

Last edited:
Yeah, War Machine should definitely come on over, much like Black Widow galavants around the MCU now.

I guess I don't really like Cru... I didn't read those stories myself, so maybe if I found them somewhere I might be more interested.

Oh I don't know about the Inhumans. It might be crowded enough as it is. Maybe cameo her as carol in avengers 2 then slingshot over to a guardians of the galaxy sequel and then off to her own film!

I think after Inhumans and Carol have both had one or two films each, a movie for both of them involving the Kree would be very solid. Thought it's true it could be a GOTG crossover... or all three in some cosmic storyline. They all can go well together.

But the idea was that if Carol can fit in the X-Men for years, she can certainly dash in and out of the Inhumans.

Yeah, War Machine should definitely come on over, much like Black Widow galavants around the MCU now.

I guess I don't really like Cru... I didn't read those stories myself, so maybe if I found them somewhere I might be more interested.

I think after Inhumans and Carol have both had one or two films each, a movie for both of them involving the Kree would be very solid. Thought it's true it could be a GOTG crossover... or all three in some cosmic storyline. They all can go well together.

But the idea was that if Carol can fit in the X-Men for years, she can certainly dash in and out of the Inhumans.

Yeah, but I see it as Carol + Iron Man in a Guardians sequel. Guardians 2 should introduce Adam Warlock, Nova, Phyla-Vell and Darkhawk and add them to the team. Guardians 3 is where Iron Man and Ms. Marvel come in.

Also, when it comes to Guardians of the Galaxy, does Marvel have access to Vulcan or the Brood? I know that they were able to share the rights to Ronan with Fox but I'm curious as to who else Marvel is able to use. Fin Fang Foom is a given since he mostly fights Dr. Strange and Iron Man but are there any other Marvel Cosmic villains who aren't tied to the X-Men or Fantastic Four rights?

Yeah, but I see it as Carol + Iron Man in a Guardians sequel. Guardians 2 should introduce Adam Warlock, Nova, Phyla-Vell and Darkhawk and add them to the team. Guardians 3 is where Iron Man and Ms. Marvel come in.

Also, when it comes to Guardians of the Galaxy, does Marvel have access to Vulcan or the Brood? I know that they were able to share the rights to Ronan with Fox but I'm curious as to who else Marvel is able to use. Fin Fang Foom is a given since he mostly fights Dr. Strange and Iron Man but are there any other Marvel Cosmic villains who aren't tied to the X-Men or Fantastic Four rights?

I could see that... but I wouldn't get my hopes up about characters who are closely and almost exclusively tied to the X-Men or Fantastic Four. It makes sens to hold back Kree and Skrull for future Avengers stuff. It doesn't make sense to hold back the Brood or Vulcan except for specific storylines that were not at all planned out for film back then.

This is the best concept Art I've seen for Ms. Marvel
Just put it on Katee Sackhoff and be done with it.
2njaxci.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"