The Walking Dead Who should play Negan

I liked the idea i heard about Jon Hamm.

I hope he'd be down for it after Mad Men.

They are not gonna cast big movie star like Sandler and Hardy or tv star lik Jon Hamm for this role. You're not gonna have a bigger name than, well, everyone in The Walking Dead.

They are not gonna cast big movie star like Sandler and Hardy or tv star lik Jon Hamm for this role. You're not gonna have a bigger name than, well, everyone in The Walking Dead.

While I agree they probably wouldn't even approach any of those actors for the role, the show is more popular than ever. I could see them snagging a fairly well-known actor for the role because they have the pull to do so.

While I agree they probably wouldn't even approach any of those actors for the role, the show is more popular than ever. I could see them snagging a fairly well-known actor for the role because they have the pull to do so.
I dont think they would even if they could.

Actually not true. These days, TV cable dramas are seen by many as the "new movies" and Hollywood actors take roles for less money on shows like 'True Detective' (Woody Harrelson, Matt McConaughey) and 'Fargo' (Billy Bob Thornton, Colin Hanks).

I want to see Bill Paxton on this show. No idea who he could play though.

Actually not true. These days, TV cable dramas are seen by many as the "new movies" and Hollywood actors take roles for less money on shows like 'True Detective' (Woody Harrelson, Matt McConaughey) and 'Fargo' (Billy Bob Thornton, Colin Hanks).

In the case of cable TV, sure. In the case of The Walking Dead, not so much. They've never really aimed much higher than character actors or unknowns in the casting of this show. They had a semi-high profile director on this show in it's early days, if they wanted someone playing Rick with a higher profile than the guy best known for seducing Kiera Knightley with cue cards in Love Actually, they could've gotten it. They're not going high profile with Negan. In fact, if they do, it'll completely take me out of the show.

In the case of cable TV, sure. In the case of The Walking Dead, not so much. They've never really aimed much higher than character actors or unknowns in the casting of this show. They had a semi-high profile director on this show in it's early days, if they wanted someone playing Rick with a higher profile than the guy best known for seducing Kiera Knightley with cue cards in Love Actually, they could've gotten it. They're not going high profile with Negan. In fact, if they do, it'll completely take me out of the show.
Precisely what I meant. Im not arguing that other tv shows has cast hollywood actors. But The Walking Dead hasnt, and I would be very surprised if they start doing it.

I am so excited for this character to land on TV, it's gonna be so awesome

I am so excited for this character to land on TV, it's gonna be so awesome

If this were HBO or showtime etc I would be even more excited. Because as we all know Negan is a character that is very violent and foul mouthed. You can get away with some stuff on AMC. But the level of Negan in the comics unfortunately I don't think they can fully accomplish on AMC. Which is a shame.

If Breaking Bad could do Tuco, TWD can do Negan. The swearing will be dialed down, but the violence will be in top-form and I'm sure he'll be as terrifyingly unpredictable as ever.

If Breaking Bad could do Tuco, TWD can do Negan. The swearing will be dialed down, but the violence will be in top-form and I'm sure he'll be as terrifyingly unpredictable as ever.

The violence sure but I just wish we could get the really over the top language from Negan. There are so many great panels of dialogue of him just ranting and swearing in the comic :oldrazz: Wish I could post them here. But for you that read the comics you know what I'm talking about. :cwink:

AMC should just go into full-swear mode. I mean, they cover pretty mature topics, such as meth-dealing chemistry teachers with sociopathic tendencies, zombies chewing people's faces off, and existential and depressed businessmen being all sexist in the 60's…. and yet they can't say a word that every 10 year old on every playground in America knows.

Their no-cursing rule is almost as pointless and draconian as the Hype's.

Almost. :o

I don't know why, but I feel Tom Hanks would be perfect.

And also waaaaaaay too A-list.

This name has been thrown around quite a bit by fan's suggestions so I doubt it would ever happen, but Patrick Warburton is still the perfect choice in my eyes.

220px-Patrick_Warburton_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"