Who should play Parker/Spidey for the next 3 movies?

Discussion in 'Spider-Man Sequels' started by blind_fury, Jun 28, 2007.

?

Who should play Parker/Spidey for the next 3 movies?

1. Milo Ventimiglia

2. Joseph Gordon-Levitt

3. Jake Gyllanhaal

4. pay whatever Maguire wants (recast SM5)

5. other actor (please specify)

6. Milo Ventimiglia

7. Joseph Gordon-Levitt

8. Jake Gyllanhaal

9. pay whatever Maguire wants (recast SM5)

10. other actor (please specify)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blind_fury Registered

Vote for the actor who resembles Peter Parker and Spider-man the most and embody their key characteristics the best.

Feel free to post comparison pics.

2. Mr. Socko Registered

Other. I say find another unknown.

3. The Chris TDK Trilogy Forever!

Tobey Maguire.

4. Web-Head408 Guest

yeah!:up: :up:

5. Spider-ManHero12 Web-Slinger

Tobey Maguire!!!:spidey::up:.

6. Leenie Registered

Tobey! He doesn't have to be in 5 and 6, but I want him to be in AT LEAST one more movie!

7. weezerspider Registered

Even though its unlikely for him to do 3 more, Tobey should play him 3 more times.

8. DACrowe Registered

Don't we already have like....5 of these threads? In different forms anyway (Maguire, Raimi and Dunst are an all or none deal).

I'd like to see this crew do one more for several reasons I've said numerous times on this board. But most of all seeing Raimi do Lizard and Tobey and Dylan interact like that....just makes me smile.

Recast in 5.

9. DACrowe Registered

The only actor known on that list (besides Maguire) is Jake G. Milo and the 3rd Rock kid are both unknowns, respectively.

10. The Chris TDK Trilogy Forever!

I despise recast roles, unless it's James Bond for some reason. I don't know if it's gonna happen, but I want one face associated with Spider-Man, and that face is Tobey!

11. blind_fury Registered

Tobey can't play Spidey forever.

This is a good time to switch the cast and breathe new life into the franchise.

12. Mr. Socko Registered

Sorry, but you're **** out of luck.

You still want Toby playing Spider-Man 10 years from now as well? What are you going to do then?

T.Mags may be Spider-Man. But Spider-Man isn't T.Mags.

13. The Chris TDK Trilogy Forever!

I could say then they should stop, but then I'd be full of it.

14. Spider-Vader Mercin' & Workin'

I say Tobey. Why wouldn't he want to do one more trilogy? Spidey brings in the moola, alot of other films don't.

15. Mr Jide Registered

At this point, I think I'm past caring. I just want Tmags gone and replaced with a more charismatic and versatile actor who's in better physical shape.

16. Sloth7d Escapist

Reasons why I don't want Maguire and Dunst back---:o
    [YT]xFYgV3V-2H0[/YT]

17. Mr Jide Registered

^^LOL

I knew Dunst was always a fool but after seeing that, it just completely sealed the deal and there's no going back. TMags and Dunst acting like 2 c**ts on a stick must go, period.

18. DACrowe Registered

Maguire nor Franco said anything bad in that. Maguire just said it was not a genre he was immediately attracted to. But he signed because he liked the story, characters, director and yes, paycheck. But he and Sam in SM2 clearly developed a great relationship as they seem very loyal to him now and Maguire was singing nothing but praises for SM2 and SM3.

Dunst...you got a small point. I think you can tell she does it for the paycheck and popularity boost. The first one she was into because it would (and did) help her career. She didn't care about the second and you could tell by a rather bland performance. In the third though I think after seeing how good SM2 was she did give a full-spirited performance in SM3. And she does work for Raimi's [misguided] vision of MJ.

I want them back because they had great chemistry and developed these personas to this point and if someone else plays them when they get married...it will feel cheapened. Incredibly so.

19. Scarlet Spider Registered

As much as I would like to see the current cast return, I personally feel that If Maguire and Dunst don't come back, they should definitely cast actors who look older for the roles of Peter and MJ. Not only would it actually feel like a true progression in the franchise and stand apart from the first trilogy but how awesome would it be to see the new films focus on Peter and MJ's later years (basically the modern version of the characters from the comics).

I would much prefer that over choosing two more actors who like college kids and try to imitate what Tobey and Kirsten did.

The only two actors that are essential to the franchise and shouldn't be recast are Rosemarry Harris and J.K. Simmons (The guy is damn near perfect in the role). Keeping the same actors for those two small but important supporting roles would also work nicely to keep some continuity in the series.

20. weezerspider Registered

Yeah, I think JJ and May won't be recasted for awhile. But if the big three leave(Tobey, Kristen, Sam, not the Spurs), I really think that the next trillogy should have nothing to do with the 1st one. I think that would make it easier to take the new cast.

21. Green Goblin 1964 Registered

pay whatever Maguire wants (recast SM5)

22. Mr. Socko Registered

As much as I like Harris and Simmons, I must disagree. If we recast the main characters and get a new director, yet keep some supporting actors, it won't seem right to me. Much like Schumacher's batman movies. It's like they only keep the actors just so they'll have something in common with the previous films. If they are to recast, I want everyone recast(hopefully they could find actors just as good if not better) and I'd much prefer it be like a vague and very distant sequel.

23. Arcturus Registered

DJ Qualls should be Peter Parker for the next 3 movies.

24. Scarlet Spider Registered

I see what your saying but that would be the point in casting actors who would portray older versions of Pete and MJ (the current version of the comic book characters). I think if done right it could work very well.

25. The Chris TDK Trilogy Forever!

You know I don't have a big problem with her, but if I ever met dunst I would just mention that out of all of her movies the Spidey Trilogy is arguably her most acclaimed stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.