Sequels Who should play Parker/Spidey for the next 3 movies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've loved that guys acting ever since i saw him in Even Stevens way back, but i think his voice is totally wrong for the part

I think his voice is fine. You're too used to TMags' soft, weak-sounding, unenthusiastic voice.

I don't know who I would want the next Parker to be. I want Tobey to come back, but I am not sure who I want if it is a new person.

I know I don't want Shia at all. Avoid him like the plague.

If Toby didn't return than Elijah Wood or Milo are my top picks to take on the role, but a truckload of cash would be convincing enough to Toby regardless if the story was good or bad. Actors do things on a fluke if money is involved.

Top 10 reasons Joseph Gordon-Levitt is perfect to play Peter Parker/Spidey

1) Humor - This is an important part of the character that has been missing. Peter Parker can be funny but when he puts on the costume he becomes alot more extroverted. He's playful, whimsical, and sharp tongued. JGL can also nail this part. He's had years of experience doing witty jokes at others expense on 3rd Rock from the Sun.

2) Acting Range - JGL was critically acclaimed for his roles in The Lookout (watch this movie now! It's one of the best this year!) and Brick. He brings credibility to the role and spit wise cracks one minute be tormented and heart broken the next then go right back to being the spirited Peter Parker we all know and love.

3) The Titanic effect - The guy may be dorky in some ways but he's definitely a heart-throb. If you want the Spider-man movies to make over a billion cast a guy that teenage girls will fall in love with like they did with Leonardo DiCaprio and go see the movie twenty times.

4) Brown Eyes - ok this isn't really a huge deal but it's a pet peeve. I always thought Peter Parker had brown eyes in 90% of the comics so it doesn't hurt that JGL has brown eyes.

5) Body Type - Spider-man is lanky but toned, kind of what you'd expect from someone who mimics an arachnids in certain ways. Spidey was never short and stubby. He looked like this:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/ynvd33

6) Nerdy but disarmingly charming - Peter Parker was always a nerdy guy but he's one of those nerds girls like cause their sweet and have puppy dog eyes even if they're a dorky bookworm on the the inside. It's hard to hate the guy because he's the ultimate underdog with a heart of gold. Gyllenhaal may be too hunky and well known to melt into the role and play a bookworm effectively.

7) Cheap and Available - Gyllenhaal may be too tied up in other roles and demand a higher salary for a 3 movie contract. JGL is a lower profile actor so Sony could save tens of millions for the next 3 Spidey movies.

8) Believable as a Scientific Prodigy - Yes Parker is very smart. Not Reed Richards smart or even Tony Stark smart but smart enough that he could keep conversation with them regarding most science and he can match wits with New Yorks greatest criminal minds when need be. Again Gyllenhaal is a bit to hunky and somewhat dopey looking to play a prodigy. JGL would own this aspect of the role. He can play witty, brainy nerds with easy and will make it all look natural.

9) No gay jokes - Yes if you cast Gyllenhaal be prepared for an onslaught of ridicule and mockery. The term Brokeback Spider-man will get old but stick with the franchise for quite sometime. Joseph Gordon-Levitt has no baggage that could distract audiences from the character.

10) Blending into the role - Gyllenhaal is well known and this will prevent audiences from becoming completely immersed in the movie. Audiences will see Donnie Darko, or the son from The Day After Tomorrow, or that dude from the gay cowboy movie. JGL will become Peter Parker the same way Christopher Reeve became Superman to most people rather than an actor playing Superman. This makes a huge difference in how much people accept the world these characters inhibit.

He and Shia are tied at 3rd for possible Spider-Man replacements, but good reasons. He is going to be in Thomas Jane's "Killshot" if it ever comes out.

just to add another name to the mix (i keep hear the same 2-3 names over and over lol as if they are the only choice out there)

i still kinda like, Jonathan Tucker (he's got an indie actor background like tobey had, not to big, but, not completely unknown, with a decent size resume, and enough experience to pull it off (IMO), i mean he's not my #1 pick, but, in the top 3-4ish for me
(he actually kinda reminds me of tobey in a way)
899-Jonathan-Tucker-200.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0006958/

as for what kind of shape he is in, he did make it on, The Hype's Hunk O Rama, thread
http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=11110994&postcount=411

Considering Gyllenhaal was already prepared to take over for Maguire in SM2, I would say he's the best choice.

Though I wouldn't want a new cast until SM5, after a wedding and Lizard story in SM4.

Tobey for continuities sake. But please Sony, re-cast Kirsten!

Tobey for continuities sake. But please Sony, re-cast Kirsten!
tobey, sam, and kirsten seem to be an all or nothing package deal, they'v all said, they'll only return all together, or not at all (more or less)
sorry, if you want tobey she cames with him

if Tobey wants to come back for 4,5, and 6 that would be great but if hes only comin back for 4 i would rather a recast
as for i would i want it would be................................................................ IDK my BFF jill

i have no idea who the first two people are, and i don't really like Jake Gyllanhaal that much, though donnie darko was awesome

tobey, sam, and kirsten seem to be an all or nothing package deal, they'v all said, they'll only return all together, or not at all (more or less)
sorry, if you want tobey she cames with him

I'm amazed at the mount of people who know this, hell even post this and still cant see the absurdity of it all. Raim/TMags and Dunst are a package deal, if one doesn't come back, they all go.....yeah, see how your people are so committed to these movies. They clearly dont give a damn about the movies, they only care about themselves and Dunst has given more than her fair share of opinions as to how she wants out.
I cant wait to hear that they're not returning, even if its just to see some people here get all upset, thats good enough news for me.:o :word:

I'm amazed at the mount of people who know this, hell even post this and still cant see the absurdity of it all. Raim/TMags and Dunst are a package deal, if one doesn't come back, they all go.....yeah, see how your people are so committed to these movies. They clearly dont give a damn about the movies, they only care about themselves and Dunst has given more than her fair share of opinions as to how she wants out.
I cant wait to hear that they're not returning, even if its just to see some people here get all upset, thats good enough news for me.

ya, that’s why i don't care about the cast, if they return, if they don't, i watch the movies for the characters not the actors, and in most interview I’ve seem of tobey, he seem to want out, and is sick of the role, so, i say let him go

i think it's funny, (and kinda sad) when i hear fans, saying things like, "if tobey doesn't return i wont see it, and the movie will bomb", clearly these are not the words of the a really spiderman fan, and if you love tobey, so much, just go watch his other movies

I mean, the characters been around alot longer then tobey, how did he become (after doing three movies) the one and only peter parker?:whatever:

Toby, film the 4,5, and 6 together to avoid the age issue. It would never happen, but that's my top pick.

He can do one more then I don't care what they do.

I think his voice is fine. You're too used to TMags' soft, weak-sounding, unenthusiastic voice.
no its not that im used to Tobey. if anything im used to the dude from TAS. Shia's voice is too deep or something for my liking. but if he got cast i'd still be extremely happy

Tobey should be cast in SM4. Then, in SM5, recast the movie. Experiment with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"