Sequels Who should the main villain of a Black Cat Movie be?

Spooderman

Civilian
Reaction score
I don't know of Sony has plans to make a black cat movie, but I think pitting her against Spidey's lesser known Rogues gallery, or non superpowered villains would be a good idea. What do you think?

Last edited:
Morbius because I loved the relationship thing they had in the 90's series.

I think any of the "mob" characters could do fine, especially considering how they may have ties to her father.

I'd prefer to see Kingpin be the main bad guy and Tombstone and Hammerhead be his henchmen. It's entirely a revenge film where Felicia is trying to avenge her father's murder after he named names against Kingpin's organization. She and Spidey team up in the third act with hints of them becoming BFFs down the road.

Me!

Last edited:
Out of your list I would settle for Hammerhead, Tombstone or Beetle.

Kingpin would be ideal, though I guess that would depend if Marvel will be able to use him for the Daredevil series. I'd be down with Hammerhead or Tombstone as well.

Wasn't it Silvermane in the Ultimae comics? If they can't use Kingpin for whatever reason they couldngo that route, and have tombstone and hammerhead working for silvermane inplace of kingpin. I agree with Dasher, her and Spidey should meet on a conflict of missions. Black Cat wants to kill KP or sivermane to avenge her father. They could even go the ultimate route and have her break her father out.

Morbius is good too, I've always wanted to see him onscreen, but if they're wanting to make a series I'd save him for movie 2.

No one.

Black Cat should not get her own movie. She is a support character for Spiderman and that's where it should end!

No one.

Black Cat should not get her own movie. She is a support character for Spiderman and that's where it should end!
Preferably so but if this thing is a go then I say Kingpin, Silvermane, Jack O Lantern (potential love interest like on the 90's series) and either the Burgler who killed Uncle Ben or the Black Fox as her father. Maybe her father is being pressured by one of the crime bosses and she gains powers from the other in order to do a job to lift his debt. After taking the other down, the one who hired her doublecrosses her and she with her father's help take them down. Jack O Lantern could even become the Hobgoblin after he is hired to assassinate her.

Having seen Spectacular Spider-Man, I think Tombstone would be perfect for the lead villain, Hammerhead would be good as the secondary villain, Shocker as the tertiary villain.

Does Black Cat even merit her own movie though... Flashbacks to Hallie Berry's Catwoman.

Kingpin, Tombstone or Hammerhead would be nice. The mobsters would work better in a Black Cat movie than in Spider-Man imo.

I agree, they should look for a mobster character for Black Cat to fight. Another thing is that since it would be a spin-off, it probably wouldn't make as much money as a Spider-Man film. In other words, Sony probably wouldn't invest as much money into a Black Cat movie as they would with Spidey, so using mobster villains would help them reduce the budget. I think there should be at least one minor villain with powers to shake things up a little bit though.

A character who can't support their own solo comic won't support their own solo film. Black Cat is a supporting character at best.

Why can't she support her own solo comic book film? I think they could do something with her own film if they have good writers on board, especially if they want to take inspiration from TSSM where she is the daughter of Uncle Ben's killer.

Because she isn't interesting enough as a solo character for comic book fans, let alone general movie goers. She'll be viewed as a Catwoman rip off. And there is more deserving characters.

Silvermane with Tombstone as his main henchman/heavy

Because she isn't interesting enough as a solo character for comic book fans, let alone general movie goers. She'll be viewed as a Catwoman rip off. And there is more deserving characters.

Let's agree to disagree. ;)

If Ant-Man can get his own movie, surely Black Cat can. Overall there's really a lack of a good female hero movie. The Catwoman movie with Halle Berry was lol, the Elektra movie was lame, the new Wonder Woman of the DC universe looks (beforehand at least) like a joke, and maybe we will see a Black Widow standalone movie, maybe not. If you go to earlier movies, it doesn't really get much better. I mean the Super Girl movie is just awful.

So with this said, I think there is a market for a really good female super hero movie. I would imagine there's plenty of girls/women out there who might not care much for the super hero movies because it's mostly dudes, but who would be interested in a female protagonist. So I mean, if they had a good script and a good idea, I think a Black Cat would not only be doable, but it could be a hit. We haven't seen that many super hero movies with a female lead, and especially nothing noteworthy quality-wise. So why not?

Ant Man can support a solo comic, is a founding Avenger and has been a huge influence in the Marvel Universe. One of the greatest Avengers stories ever, Ultron Unlimited, is centred around Hank Pym.

Ant Man can support a solo comic, is a founding Avenger and has been a huge influence in the Marvel Universe. One of the greatest Avengers stories ever, Ultron Unlimited, is centred around Hank Pym.

While Ant-Man has a much bigger and more important part of the comics, just talking movies and brand recognition, you're not gonna get a lot of people who know who Ant-Man is. You have the people who read the comics, but he's no Spider-Man or X-Men. Even if you compare him to the major players of Avengers, the other heroes are more known to the general audience. Marvel knows this and while he still deserves his own movie, it's like with Guardians of the Galaxy.

You'll have people who know comics and people who will watch it just because they like the Marvel movies. But just speaking general audiences, "Ant-Man" is such a ridiculous name for a hero, and I know a lot of people who scoff at the idea of it being a serious movie. So if we're just talking general audiences, Black Cat would have just as big of a chance with the general audiences as a movie like Ant-Man would. That's just how I see it.

Balde wasn't interesting enough solo comic character and less deserving tham other and yet the character spawned a trilogy of films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"