Who should the main villain of a Black Cat Movie be?

Discussion in 'Spider-Man Sequels' started by Spooderman, Feb 1, 2014.

?

Who should the main villain(s) be

1. Morbius

2. Jack-O-Lantern

3. Kingpin

4. Tombstone

5. Hammerhead

6. The Enforcers

7. Silvermane

8. Chameleon

9. Molten Man

10. Jackal

11. Shocker

12. Boomerang

13. Hypno-Hustler

14. Spot

15. Swarm

16. Kraven the Hunter

17. Hydro-Man

18. Beetle

19. Successors of major Spidey Supervillains (Carolyn Trainer, Blackie Drago, ect)

20. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Picard Sisko Prepare to be Assimilated

Ant-Man is a really lame character IMO. But honestly, as long as you have a good or interesting concept to work with, you can make many of these comic book characters into movies with a good filmmaking team. People used to say that Captain America, Thor, or even Iron man wouldn't make good movies, and look how they turned out.

2. The Endless WE are Groot

Cap, Thor and Iron Man are major characters in the Marvel Universe who have had over 500 solo comics. Black Cat hasn't had one, apart from the odd one shot or special. She isn't a deep enough character on her own.

3. Harry Dresden Registered

I agree with the Endless.

I don't really see the point of a solo Black Cat film.

4. The Endless WE are Groot

I like the way she plays off Spidey. I would like to see her in a Spidey film one day.

But what does she offer when she's on her own? If the comic writers can't think of a decent enough solo story for her, or have no interest in doing solo stories for her altogether... why does she need or deserve a solo film? It's a baffling line of though.

5. Picard Sisko Prepare to be Assimilated

Those characters were really never that interesting to me. Of course it is easier to make solo movies for them than Black Cat, but it can be done. It'll be a challenge of course though. But she will most likely just appear in a Spider-Man film as a supporting character, but I'm just saying that giving her a solo film isn't all that insane.

6. Zantera Registered

If they want to make a movie with a female hero, Black Cat would be a good choice. If you compare it to the other heroes, she might not be AS big, but if they were to do it, I would guess it would be more from the female demographic perspective. "Hey there really isn't any good female hero movies, lets make one".

7. Isildur´s Heir Registered

Why in hell would anyone want a Black Cat solo movie, without her being introduced in a Spider-Man movie first?
    And even if she was introduced....

The Sinister Six and Venom solo movies are already stupid enough...

8. Dasher10 I'm like Deadpool IRL

It's more along the lines of the editors not allowing an ongoing Black Cat series since female-led titles tend not to sell. She's had all of one 4-issue miniseries. Look at the long gap between Captain Marvel series. She went from 1980-2005 without her own series.

There are no bad characters, only bad writers. The problem isn't Black Cat as a character, the problem is that there's a perceived lack of interest in a female-led comic series and it's an uphill struggle to get things off the ground.

Now keep in mind that things are now starting to change but you can't shoehorn progress in without a backlash. Keep in mind that there hasn't been a female-led solo Marvel film since Elektra so there isn't much reason for a backlash but every single time that the idea of a CBM starring a woman comes up, there's always one person or another on these forums to shoot down the idea and instead of leaving one post and leaving it at that. He will continue to follow the thread and counter any and all posters disagreeing with him. I don't see any suggestions of a CBM with a male protagonist getting nearly as much hate and this negative hype is a big part of the reason why studios are so resistant to greenlighting any CBM starring a woman.