Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Who Should the Next Villain Be?

Mr. Youtube

Civilian
Reaction score
Honestly, I feel it should be HYDRA again. I feel that they should go higher this time. Not like John Garrett, this guy somewhere in HYDRA whose doing his thing, but if he fails it's not a detriment. I feel they should show some guy who was trained by Alexander Pierce himself (you know, cause that guy kind of took over Hydra after Zola died in 73). Personally, I feel that this should be Crossbones, although given Grillo's going to be promoting the second Purge when shooting starts, this might end up being a late development and with the fact that it'll likely tie in with Age of Ultron, it might end up feeling messy given that apparently Hydra's only in the intro of that movie (according to my source at Marvel Comics, NOT Studios).

Maybe somebody like the Fixer, who was Pierce's backup for the Winter Soldier or like I said before Blue Streak by Tahmoh Penikett (connect the Whedonverse Jed, do it). Grim Reaper could work, expose him as a CIA agent who has stock in Cybertek maybe. Anybody who is higher in the rungs of Hydra than Garrett was, and is less insane because Garrett trying to start a coup was ridiculous. I mean, those guys are probably powered by pure Extremis. It makes sense that they would want Centipede, superpowered soldiers who aren't as strong as them.

Maybe somebody like the Fixer, who was Pierce's backup for the Winter Soldier or like I said before Blue Streak by Tahmoh Penikett (connect the Whedonverse Jed, do it). Grim Reaper could work, expose him as a CIA agent who has stock in Cybertek maybe. Anybody who is higher in the rungs of Hydra than Garrett was, and is less insane because Garrett trying to start a coup was ridiculous. I mean, those guys are probably powered by pure Extremis. It makes sense that they would want Centipede, superpowered soldiers who aren't as strong as them.

Fixer and/or Mentallo would be great. They have ties to S.H.I.E.L.D. in the comics, and most likely aren't being saved for a movie role. Grim Reaper would be cool, but would his character be as effective without Wonderman to contrast him against? I'd also love to see Taskmaster and Ghost.

Its Hydra all day....so many layers of that organization.... I would love to see how Baron Zemo can be fused into this universe

Hydra getting hunted down globally and curb stomped by Phil's Team with Nick's occasional rare help.

I would love to see Madame Hydra and a MODOK origin. But it would also be very plausible for AIM, Hand, Ten Rings (all criminal organizations) to be reasonably low budget threat elements.

Last edited:
My guess is it'll be the Kree, but I'd still like HYDRA or AIM (I really want MODOK).

It's obvious. Bob

Should this have been a spoiler

To mess with Coulson's mind, I am suggesting Loki working with Thanos, Winter Soldier, Mandarin, and Cybertek.

HYDRA, in the form of Ward's family. I've grown to love the character of Ward and its complexity and I hope to see them delving further into his messed up background, having his family as villains would be the perfect way to do it.

To mess with Coulson's mind, I am suggesting Loki working with Thanos, Winter Soldier, Mandarin, and Cybertek.

I know you're joking, but I hope we DO see a rematch between Coulson and Loki someday. Alas, it won't happen before Thor 3, they'd never tear up Loki's charading as Odin outside of a sequel to The Dark World.

How about Taskmaster. Since SHIELD is rebuilding shouldn't HYDRA too??

Taskmaster is a good choice as well. Really, I want an organization of evil villains rather than individuals.

I'd like to see more of Hydra in its various incarnations, and also see some of the Kree so we can get a closer view of the intergalactic alien side of the MCU in the show. Maybe the Guardians of the Galaxy movie will prompt a tie-in episode involving the Kree.

I also want to see the return of Franklin Hall as Graviton with his gravity powers. There's plenty of interesting stuff they can do with his character after having given him a solid introduction in episode #3, The Asset. It would be great to see Donnie Gill return as Blizzard as well, and maybe a couple of new villains like Taskmaster and Mr. Hyde.

Brock Rumlow/Crossbones and his girlfriend Sin, the daughter of the Red Skull.

Graviton and Blizzard both definatly need to be back. Tehen add in some Hydra villains, Taskmaster would be great. And of corse there's "Bloody Hand Man", whoever he winds up being.

Red Skull, Mephisto, Mandarin, Absorbing Man..

I'd love to see Madame Hydra. Taskmaster would be cool too, though I'd want them to get a new fight choreographer first.

Hydra is a given. They're everywhere after all. Graviton and Blizzard are also a given. But what I'd like to see is a main villain in season 2 who has nothing to do with Hydra. If Garrett/Hydra were season 1's main villains, then season 2 should be something different. Hydra should still be there, but not be the main villains.

Well, my first thought was to have HYDRA there as the initial threat and have it evolve into something else. Then again, the show is bookended by two movies that almost take the opposite approach. If they followed the movies, they would start with aliens (Coulson's plot being part of it) and end with HYDRA-ish (Baron Von Strucker).

In the comics, HYDRA and AIM are the SHIELD rivals and the show works best when facing an organization of evil, not one bad guy (both the team vs. team aspect and the espionage aspect lend themselves to it). My thought is introduce MODOK as seriously as possible and combine him with Graviton and others (my hope is for BVS to be on the show) into a counsel that is the new AIM/HYDRA. Although I recognize they have to be careful to make it seem like they're running in circles with the first season.

tumblr_n89jy3o8do1rtwzt5o3_250.gif

I don't know about the villain...but Melinda have to keep this look for the second season because is hot and super badass

I'd say Mysterio, the man with fish bulb on his head.

Graviton, The Hood, Taskmaster, Arcade & Blizzard.

Last edited:
Graviton I'm in
Hood I don't know him

I'm for a virtual villain like the Zola spirit in some mainframe. The Traskmaster! yes! but like an ambiguous figure: he work for the best offer you can't really know his alignment

tumblr_n89jy3o8do1rtwzt5o3_250.gif

I don't know about the villain...but Melinda have to keep this look for the second season because is hot and super badass

Not bad for a 50yr old lady ... not bad at all.:hubba

I'd say Mysterio, the man with fish bulb on his head.

Welcome to the Hype !!!

(slightly edited)

FYI - Agents of Shield or any other part of the MCU can't use Mysterio as he is under the Spider-Man movie licensing. (Movies Only, with live-action TV being really, really, legally murky) Spider-Man is currently off in his own little universe under SONY Pictures, who owns the sole rights to make Spider-Man movies for Marvel Comics / Disney. The same is true of X-Men and The Fantastic Four who are (for movies only) currently owned by FOX studios. The five upcoming Netflix Defenders shows (Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, and "Defenders"), ABC's Agents of Shield, the upcoming ABC show Agent Carter, The Avengers movies, and their solo counterpart movies (Thor, Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, etc) are all made by Marvel Studios are known as the "MCU" (Marvel Cinematic Universe). Characters like Daredevil and Hulk (already mentioned), as well as Blade, the Punisher, and Ghost Rider used to all be under other movie studios, but have all returned to Marvel's direct movie rights self-control and we are sure to see all of them popping up in MCU TV shows or movies in the future.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"