Who should write Affleck's first solo Batman film?

Dk1201

Civilian
Reaction score
While Batman vs Superman is off to a ROCKY start assuming Affleck stays on and doe his own Trilogy as Batman who should write the First film?

Story by
Chris Terrio and Ben Affleck

Screenplay by
Christopher Mcquarrie Chris Terrio and Ben Affleck

why add MCQuarrie well because of Usual Suspects that is why.

While Batman vs Superman is off to a ROCKY start assuming Affleck stays on and doe his own Trilogy as Batman who should write the First film?

Story by
Chris Terrio and Ben Affleck

Screenplay by
Christopher Mcquarrie Chris Terrio and Ben Affleck

why add MCQuarrie well because of Usual Suspects that is why.

Quentin Tarantino or David Hayter ;) Maybe Paul T Anderson? I'd sure love a Bat-movie directed by him.

A number of people have mentioned Neil Cross due to his work on Luther. Cross also wrote the scripts for films Pacific Rim, Mama and the cancelled At The Mountains of Madness movie as well as TV shows Doctor Who, Spooks/MI:5 and the upcoming John Malkovich Blackbeard show Crossbones for NBC.

Grant Morrison with Paul Dini and Chris Terrior as script doctor.

I would love to see Jonah Nolan Chris Nolan's brother to return to work with Ben Affleck

Grant Morrison with Paul Dini and Chris Terrior as script doctor.

I don't know how I didn't think of that. Comicbook writer + Hollywood script doctor.

:doh: Why hasn't hollywood been doing this all along?

I'll also add Scott Snyder. Some don't like his take, but I think it's very cinematic.

But for the love of god, the real guy to do it is Dennis O'Neil!

Dennis O'Neil could work as a consultant on the project.

Affleck and Terrio on the main script. Scott Snyder, Bruce Timm and Paul Dini as consultants.

It's nothing more than a pipedream if anyone really thinks that Scott Snyder, Paul Dini, Denny O'Neill, Grant Morrison or just about any comic book writer will write or consult a film like this. Maybe if Snyder is doing a movie that takes inspiration from Frank Miller, then that's always a possibility. But not in this case. I would never hold my breath for something like that. I dont think it'll ever happen.

Im hoping it's Affleck and Terrio if Ben directs the movie. If he passes, then im hoping for Alfonso Cuaron to direct. Just keep Goyer away from it.

Dude. Bruce Timm. Paul Dini. Scott Snyder. Grant Morrison. Jeph Loeb. At least a couple of these guys should be consulting or writing Batman movie scripts. At least commission a script from some of these guys, and use elements of it in rewrites from a bigshot hollywood screenwriter

They should but im sure it will never happen.

Actually, i shouldn't really say that "they should". Because that might either enhance a Batman movie, or it will suck the creativity out of a directors vision if they want to try something new. Even Paul Dini said that a literal adaptation of the source material would be pretty boring. I don't really think that's the case if the timing is right (like in the next decade would be the right time to get super close to the comics)..but i see his point. He said that's why he was excited when Nolan was first announced.

I dont really believe that Morrison, etc need to be consultants. A writer or director should just take inspiration from Grant when they do solo films in the 2020's. I imagine it won't be Affleck, it may not even be in that universe, but it could be cool.

Plus, a live-action film script/screenplay is totally different than something Dini would do in some animated show or spin-off movie. It's not the same thing at all.

Agreed with what you're saying. I think the chances of Paul Dini writing a Batman movie are getting better. He wrote the new Disney/Angelina Jolie Maleficent movie

After seeing True Detective the perfect team for this would be Cary Fukunaga as director and screenplay by Nic Pizzolatto and Chris Terrio starring Ben Affleck.

How sick would that be?

In an ideal world, Vince Gilligan admits that he is a diehard Batman fan.

After seeing True Detective the perfect team for this would be Cary Fukunaga as director and screenplay by Nic Pizzolatto and Chris Terrio starring Ben Affleck.

How sick would that be?
:hubba

Vince Gilligan writes, Cary Fukunaga directs, Ben Affleck stars.

But no. Id love to see Affleck/Terrio write the new Batflick and either Ben can direct or somebody like Cuaron/Fukanuga.

Cary Fukunaga/Nic Pizzolatto... these two are about to be proposed for everything under the sun. And pretty soon we will all be able to spell their names without copy and pasting!

PLEASE give us Kevin Smith, Chris Terrio, and Affleck!! Batman movie magic

I think Smith would do phenomenal. I mean who better to stick to the mythos than a comic book junkie. I also think had it not been for Jon Peters and Burton that he would have given us a great Superman story.

No thanks. Love the guy. He knows a good amount about Batman too, he's a fanboy like all of us. But his style doesn't mesh with what i want to see in a Batman movie.

Agreed. Might be cool to have him do a cameo, though.

David Goyer. I think there are still aspects of Batman in terms of theme and characterization that I need to be force fed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"