Who Still Watches The Simpson At 5PM On Fox?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Thing said:
I'm perfectly happy here. I have lived here all my life. And it's just after 10pm here.

Do you get the Sci Fi channel there? If so check and see when a show called Ghost Hunters is on.

deathshead2 said:
I don't get why people think its so funny?His standup at the end of the show is not funny either.
The actual show is hilarious. Greatest show ever.

seinfield is not funny

chapelle's show >>>>>>>>>>>>. seinfield

Jplaya2023 said:
seinfield is not funny

chapelle's show >>>>>>>>>>>>. seinfield
No way in hell. Some days I will watch Seinfeld at 6:30pm, 7:00pm, and 11:30pm. I am not even sure if Seinfeld is on earlier in the day here... it probably is.

Godzilla2000 said:
Do you get the Sci Fi channel there? If so check and see when a show called Ghost Hunters is on.

We get the Sci-Fi channel but it's Britishified. :( :down

You know, the thing I found strange about American and Canadian TV is that straight after the main titles or opening sxene there are ads. :confused:

I don't see the point of it.

We only get one ad break for a Half-an-hour show.

Mr. Thing said:
We get the Sci-Fi channel but it's Britishified. :( :down

It bloody is.

I like Simpsons. Best cartoon ever!

We get ads every 15 minitues in England. Non at all on BBC.

Slipknot said:
No way in hell. Some days I will watch Seinfeld at 6:30pm, 7:00pm, and 11:30pm. I am not even sure if Seinfeld is on earlier in the day here... it probably is.

seinfield looks like mario he not funny at all

tyrone biggins >>>>>>>>> sioenfield

Jplaya2023 said:
seinfield looks like mario he not funny at all

tyrone biggins >>>>>>>>> sioenfield
...looks like Mario? Uhhh, have you ever even watched the show?

I still like the simpsons but I like Futurama more.Bring it back dammit!

Xenlyke said:

I'll post here what I posted in another thread.

Simpsons. Simpsons had a beautiful satirical feel, along with tons of humour derived from observation. The scripts didn't have jokes and gags like other shows, they had humour from character and beautiful characters they were. A wonderfully conflicted family with every archetype represented. Every plot was well written, well thought out and funny. I miss seasons 1 - early 10. Now it's shock humour and poo jokes. Family Guy... it has unoriginal characters, and a talking dog and baby. But the fact is, the talking dog and baby should have their own show. They're the only real characters. As a result, we don't get to see how these characters interract with a dog and a baby because the rest of the family are just wraiths designed to get jokes across. Jokes that have no basis in character and no substance. It's really sad that this is what's popular now... anyone can write a Family Guy script, here...

PETER: Brian, I learned how to pee from skyscrapers!

BRIAN: Dear God, I need a tequila...

PETER: But it didn't go so well last night...

FLASHBACK

Peter walks up to the side of the skyscraper roof and runs into another person.

MAN1: Huh. You come to pee off the, uh... skyscraper too, huh?

PETER: Yeah.

MAN1: Why are you peeing off this skyscraper?

PETER: Well... whenever a building rises up like a mighty penis... I will urinate from it!

MAN1: I'm doing it because I like to expose myself, and possibly molest people named Peter.

PETER: Oh my God, what a coincidence!

Man1 unzips his fly, smiling.

HE'S OUR FAMILY GUY!

See? You too can write your very own Family Guy episode. Just give it little story and lots of bad references the 12 year old viewing audience won't get and will only laugh at because "Dude... the dog talks! This weed is like... whoa..."

Whereas Family Guy's references and parodies detract from the story and are meaningless, Simpsons parodies are generally entwined in the story, short, to the point, and undistracting. Some of Family Guy's jokes fail because it's just a reference. If you've never seen the source, you're lost. In Simpsons, stuff like Bart and the cupcakes goes right over people's heads. Most won't even realise it's a reference to A Clockwork Orange. But you don't have to get that to enjoy it. And much of the time the Simpsons references get a satirical point across. Like Sideshow Bob being a Republican.

it's on at 6 ...

and i only catch if i'm home at that time ...

the second rerun is on in 15 mintues :D

I watch it on CBC at 5. Its on right now :)

... because it's little more than you spamming is my guess.

But I think it should stay open just for JLBats' astute commentary on "Family Guy". :)

Cyclops said:
... because it's little more than you spamming is my guess.

But I think it should stay open just for JLBats' astute commentary on "Family Guy". :)

Those were my golden days before I became an idiot.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"