Apocalypse Who thinks Sinister will make it?

ciscostudent561

Sidekick
Reaction score
Why isn't anyone speaking of Sinister? He's like the herald to Apocalypse. Sorta has the same complexion too lol.

Hmmm right now, I'm not sure if I want to see Apocalypse/Mr. Sinister together.

I can dig it. He's sort of like that guy Dracula enslaved except he grows to become a badass in his own right.

Plus mr sinister could mean more character development for cyclops which makes me wring my hands with glee (seriously, I just put my ipad down to do just that).

As for casting, all the usual subjects will be suggested (jason issacs, Benedict cumberbatch) so I might go for someone a little out of left field and go for Charles dance

Mr Sinister deserves his own movie, without Magneto or Apocalypse.

You know one thing they could if Mr. Sinister works with Apocalypse is they could make Mr. Sinister betray Apocalypse and Mr. Sinister then ends up as the new boss villain.

I see Mr. Sinister being like The Man in The Shadows type of character also Nathaniel Essex name appears in X2 on Stryker's computer.

Also if you have Sinister you've gotta have Cable :D

Ima Losrr
Posted this elsewhere

After the events of DOFP where Magneto nearly wipes out the President, Xavier realizes the urgency to protect the world from evil mutants and recruits, powerful, capable young mutants.

1) Scotts Summers who has already had combat training from Nathaniel Essex who discovered his abilities from his Orphanage.
2) Jean Grey, whose parents complain about her limitless "Phoenix Strength".
3) Storm, a thief with weather manipulation powers.

They are challenged and pushed, allowing for character depth and development.

I can see them thwarting the efforts of mischievous mutants in attempt to gain public approval- stopping a mystique led brother hood team of Gambit, Quicksilver and Toad perhaps?
Despite winning and even having Gambit join the cause; I can see opportunities for conflict as the rest of the team is uncertain of Cyclops leadership,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In parallel,

despite their training, none of the X-men are prepared for this event.:

As stated in another forum, The new x-series likes to play into historic timelines.

With the cold war tension rising and Middle east region booming from oil the Rise of Apocalypse has many avenues to slide in thru.

I'also read somewhere that they are shooting for a major disaster film.

I get giddy at the thought of Apocalypse establishing a new nation (Genosha, Utopia? the savage land!) That the USA, USSR and other
nations are suspicious of do to its quick rise to prominence and power.

Prime minister of the new state, En Sabah Nur promises wealth and a new world order recruiting people world wide. He sells the slogan
only the strongest survive through their training, pledging their nation offers the best intellectual and physical training. He also claims
an unveiling of a four champions who will free the world from all corruption.

During a Eastern-European crisis, the world watches in horror as one country is dominated by a more powerful neighboring country. The world powers
are hesitant to act knowing that any military aide can result in Nuclear World war.

It's at this moment that The new nation of Genosha flexes its muscle as the world watches in shock and awe of the might of their military.
Led by General Nathaniel Essex, (who Scott immediately recognizes as the one who trained him in strategy and combat) they easily
Free the inferior country, brutalizing the invader. Questions arise in the public about the intentions of this new nation as all other
world powers are called into notice. A UN Summit and press conference is pulled together inviting En Sabah Nur. On live television he introduces
his 4 horseman and wages war on all nations who oppose.

The world powers combine to strike Genosha first but totally wiped out. Apocalypse then sends his four horseman to 4 major cities causing mass
chaos and suffering.

It's up to the X-men to stop him at this point.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The X-men are warned by Quicksilver(after realizing their true evil) that the four horseman are just a diversion and Apocalypse has a different method of world dominion. ( I haven't thought up of how yet but I like how in TAS and X-Men evolution how he tries to use different methods to conquer the world rather then just brute military force or strenght... shows off his ingenuity)

yeah i write too much

I think he will be included in this movie, but for some reason I'm thinking he'll start off human and as scientist/archaeologist with a fascination for "gods"/Egyptian mythology and his latest craze mutants. if Apoc is in slumber during the 80s I bet he is the one that awakens him and Apocalypse awakens the dormant x-gene inside Essex, turning him into Sinister.

I think it'll be a different take on the character, having a human being jealous of mutants, cause he think they're "Gods" with their powers, while longing to be one.

i like sinister. here is the thing though. you don't need sinister for an apocalypse origin. you do need apocalypse for a sinister origin though. so maybe later after apocalypse the next villain will be sinister. then you can explain how apocalypse made the deal with him and sinister's ties to scott as well as cable.

Do you think they'd go with just 'Sinister' as his mutant codename?

Do you think they'd go with just 'Sinister' as his mutant codename?

Yeah, I'd prefer that they just go with "Sinister," and maybe character could add the "Mister" in front as a snarky remark (preferably Cyclops:cwink:).

Sinister is big enough to warrant a spot in an X-Film as his own villain not an associate/henchman,etc. of Apocalypse…they work well together and solo in the comics, I'd keep them and prefer them separate…

How about Mutant Massacre as part of this film?

Also, Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Sinister please.

'Sinister'as a name could easily work as long as they clearly establish his origin in the 1800s. It would make sense for him to be labeled "Mr. Sinister" by people of that era in response to whatever misdeeds he's committing as a geneticist so it wouldn't come off as cheesy to the casual film goer.

This is why he needs his own film. If he's not given enough screen time then there won't be time to establish these things in a way that will make him a legit (not cheesy) villain. 3 good cinematic X-men villains would do wonders for the series.

I was thinking David Bowie for Sinister but I think they will definitely go younger, if he's even included.

I agree that Mr.Sinister should have his own spotlight and time to shine, but with that said YES YES YES- he should definitely be in the movie. It's a perfect opportunity for an introduction of the character and will be great for all kinds of wonderful 'easter-eggs'! His obsession with not just Jean and Scott- but also with Gambit makes him a no-brainer. He doesn't need to be featured prominently now, but they would be wise to get things rolling ow with such a marvelous villain- one of my personal faves!

I honestly think/hope that we are getting two films with Apocalypse.

A X-Men: Apocalypse in 2016 taking place in the 1980s with Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, Young Cyclops, Young Nightcrawler, Young Beast, Young Jean, Young Storm and Gambit... The story ends on a cliff hanger

Then in 2018 we will get an X-Men: Apocalypse Part II taking place in a time where Apocalypse has reawaken in the present with Cyclops (Marsden), Jean (Janssen), Storm (Berry), Xavier (Stewart), etc. where there is a parallel story in the 80s that continues along simultaneously.

I think this will be their "using the original trilogy cast" as well as confirm what Lauren Schuller Donner has said was going to be a "true X4." Not to mention, there is a "mystery" X-men film on the docket.

If this is the case, there is PLENTY of time to include Sinister -- and to establish his backstory with Apocalypse as well as his obsession with Scott and Jean. And we should REALLY see Scott Summer and Jean Grey as the two MAIN characters of these films. Give Wolverine a BADASS role, but as the horseman Death. I am not a person who complains about too much Wolverine. But, dammit -- I want Cyclops to be the focal point of a film. Front and center.

-R

Make it a 3!

There's a Wolverine film in 2017! Apocalypse doesn't have to be the main villain but still the events will revolve around him.

If Mr. Sinister is to appear in future sequels, then you have to establish his backstory which coincides with Apocalypse. It's only fitting that Sinister shows up in X-Men: Apocalypse seeing as how he was created by Apocalypse and he will serve as one of the 4 horsemen.

Mr Sinister deserves to be the main villain in another X-Men Movie

He could appear on Apocalypse though as Nathaniel Essex & the post credit scene is him transforming into Mr Sinister

I wanna see Savage Land with Sauron, Vertigo & the Nasty Boys like in the 90's cartoons

Actually, I think it's kind of a missed opportunity.

Sinister should have been the main Villain in a pre-Apocalypse movie. This way they could plan for 2 additional X-Men movies and not just go right into Apocalypse.

This way Sinister could be the main villain with his Marauders as the guys that get defeated in battle with the new X-Men. At the end of the movie Sinister's relation to Gambit and/or Apocalypse could have been shown to set up the Apocalypse movie.

Tryng to cram Mr. Sinister, who has an amazing backstory which would deserve to be told, into a movie with Apocalypse, would be too much, which means, unfortunately, I can't see him making it, unless they change something significant. They would need to make this 2 movies, or give Sinister his own...

Actually, here is a posting (slightly updated) to a thread of mine focusing on what I would love to see for a pre-Apocalypse Sinister as the main villain movie:

If they want the next movie with the "First Class" (I hate refering to them like that), back in the 80's, then why not focus on Mister Sinister as a lead in to Apocalypse? The movie could start off back in the mid-1800's and focus on a doctor named Nathaniel Essex and show his obsession with the theories of Darwin. It could be shown how he presented his theories of how Humanity will mutate and how his colleagues mocked him and his theories. It could be shown how he had a group called the Marauders (a bunch of thugs) collect test subjects, and how his son died and he performed tests on his corpse. His wife finds out and frees all of the test subjects. Essex asks for forgiveness and she states “To me, you are... utterly… and contemptibly… sinister!”. She then dies and we fade out to start back in the 1980's at the X-Mansion.

In the 80's the whole Mutant Massacre storyline could be played out with the Marauders as the group the young X-Men (young Scott, young Jean, young Ororo, young Nightcrawler, Gambit and maybe Beast) must fight, and Sinister as the one pulling all the strings. Since this would be in the 80's Gambit could be used. Sabertooth could be as well, and for the other Marauders a good list would be:

Harpoon
Vertigo
Scalphunter
Riptide
Scrambler

So effectively the Mutant Massacre story plays out in the mid 80's, missing a few bits of canon, such as Leech or Angel losing his wings, due to the continuity issues. Obviously no Thor or X-Factor.

Some of the Morlocks could be as follows:

Caliban
Marrow
Masque
Annalee
Ape
Healer
Artie
Feral
Sunder
Etc.

Obviously you wouldn't get into each and every one, but say Feral, Caliban and Marrow would be good to meet. At the climax many would, of course, be massacred...

The X-Men would take down the Marauders, some excaping, some not being so lucky, and ultimately Sinister (who would now be known to the GA) would have gotten what he wanted, a strengthening of the gene pool, and would be available to serve En Sabur Nur in the dystopian future where he belongs.

Now this concept of mine would be perfect as a set up to the Apocalypse movie, but again, since the movie title has already been announced, I think we're not going to get this.

Maybe Mr. Sinister will end up being in the Deadpool movie, similar to the video game?

Man, what a missed opportunity!!!

Would cool but also an overload. I don't see it happening. I could see Sinister appearing in another origins, maybe his own with Angel/Archangel, I thought the cartoon version (Wolverine and the X-Men) was a pretty interesting version of his obsession with mutants and making them powerful. Unless they don't include Angel/Archangel in AoA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"