Who thought SM2 was Overrated?

Batman137

Why do we fall?
Reaction score
SM2 was very good in terms of screenplay and acting.

But the action and CGI in my view was not too good. Doc Ock looked very fake on some of his CGI scenes.

Am I the only one?

I've rewatched it recently and yes, I agree it didn't hold up as well as I would have liked. It's still very good, but the MJ scenes drag the movie down for me. Kirsten Dunst just can't act. Also, after seeing how many convenient coincidences there are in SM3, I realize there are just as many in SM2.

Screenplay and acting was very good. I agree with you on that. I love the Spiderman OCK battles. They are much more brutal than I remember.

I don't think it's overrated. I think it's an excellent superhero film. My only disappointment is how short the final confrontation between Spidey and Ock is in the end. Had it been a bit longer this movie would be 100%.

I do think it's overrated but precisely because I find the screenplay questionable.

definately overrated. i cant believe people still think it is even the second best superhero movie after this summer. i could have cared less about iron man when it was coming out and i thought it was great. a lot better than any of the spider-man movies. also the dark knight is well...the best.

there is so much wrong with this trilogy in gereral , I am surprised it made as much money as it did

Extremely over-rated i'd say!

Script was questionable

Acting was average,

And it was too Dependant in it's CGI moments.

another thing mj is the complete opposite of what these movies make her out to be

This movie was vastly overrated and i prefered number 3 over it but number 1 was the best.

I actually thought the first movie was overrated by a long shot. The second movie was by far and wide the superior of the trilogy.

Spider-man 2 is pure, cinematic bliss. Had they left Raimi to do what he does best i'm sure the 3rd film would of held up next to it. Unfortunately they're were too many cooks in the kitchen thinking they know best

Spider-man 2 is pure, cinematic bliss. Had they left Raimi to do what he does best i'm sure the 3rd film would of held up next to it. Unfortunately they're were too many cooks in the kitchen thinking they know best
Exactly, the pressure of the studio and fans destroyed SM3. Everyone should have just backed off.

Spider-Man 2 deserves every ounce of praise that it gets.

not me! i think spiderman 2 was the best out of all of them. i think they didn't do venom as well as they could have. so the 3rd didnt beat 2nd for me.
i love the doc ock train fight

SM2 was very good in terms of screenplay and acting.

But the action and CGI in my view was not too good. Doc Ock looked very fake on some of his CGI scenes.

Am I the only one?

Are you kidding me? The fight between Spidey and Doc Ock on the train is easily the best fight scene in any comic movie ever.

IMO, we gotta hand it to them, they did a really good job. And after all, they were doing the movie on a budget. Although some scenes it looked fake, it wouldn't be fake unless you really look at it. When I studied animation, some things couldnt be done to make it look real. Although I agree some really did look fake. I think Kirsten Dunst did a good job on acting I mean come on, she was the little girl in Jumanji. One thing that bugs me the most about the Spider-Man movie script, where the heck are all the wise-cracks Spider-Man says. And also, in Spider-Man 3, he was hardly wearing his full Spider-Man suit.

to me its highly overrated.....the scenes without spiderman just drag on forever, it doesnt help that Dunst and Toby are so uncharismatic......

(no need to mention that all the Jameson scenes are great)..

the original Spiderman is still miles better than Spiderman 2 the characters in the original are more lively and invested in their characters, the only thing 2 does better is by providing unforgettable comic book style battles.

I think SM2 is quite the overrated film...

I think that Spider-Man is a highly overrated film...

I don't think it's that overrated. It's my favorite comic book movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnakinFlair
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"