Who thought SM2 was Overrated?

Discussion in 'Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3' started by Batman137, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Green Goblin

Joker- what did you give Spidey 3?

2. Picard Sisko

Picard Sisko Prepare to be Assimilated

Thank you.

3. Spider-Aziz

Spider-Aziz Raul Boston's Dish Gaunt

You are absolutely wrong, and I won't agree with you

I know good women who do that, is that wrong? No
    Don't use it as a con
    She cools down fast, doesn't keep on a fit
    Momentarily frustration does not equal jealousy, sometimes the wrong expression comes out, or it's translated in a wrong way. MJ was not jealous
    She tried, he never listens
    And that moment of "you don't understand how I feel" was before she was told of her replacement

A wife kissing her husband is not wrong, doesn't matter the way
    MJ and Peter were dating when he kissed Gwen

Yes, a kiss is a kiss, it's planned, and they know of it beforehand
    How is that not cheating?

She knew they fight early in the movie, and didn't want them to fight again
    Why is it so hard to see?

I told you before, and I'm still saying it, it was a whim of a moment, unplanned, unintentional, it happens cause pheromones were flying and neither wanted it
    I'm sorry, but what stops feeling change when it comes to acting?

Biting on teeth and cooling grudges is obviously worse than breaking a more prominent, more significant promise of sacred matrimony
    Ok, I don't see it

4. Spider-Aziz

You both hate on the better version more than the worst version, and I made it clear why in SM2 she's much worse

5. The Joker

The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

The middle finger :cwink:

My pleasure.

Just stating the obvious though.

Your agreement is not necessary when talking facts. They'll still be facts whether you agree or not.

Yes it's a con. Who tells someone to tell them they love you and not say it back to you afterward? One sided MJ.

Not the point. She should never have got pissed at him over him just trying to be nice to her in the first place.

Of course she was jealous. She just threw a filthy look to the man she supposedly loves and the man who saved her life several times. Why? Because he got a little round of applause from citizens who show more appreciation of him than she does.

She tried once. She didn't even try again. She decided to chew his ass out over Gwen and her polished fingernails.

No it was after. At the dinner. "You have no idea how I feel right now".

No, but she equated it to "our kiss" as in something she shared with Spider-Man/Peter. So why is it ok for her to use this sacred kiss on someone else?

It was a meaningless publicity stunt to please the crowd who were the ones chanting for it. Like actors kissing in a movie or on stage.

Because planned or not, it's still just a publicity kiss. No different to a movie kiss. All for show. For the crowd.

Bull. How did she know they fought earlier in the movie? Peter never told her. She didn't even know why Peter and Harry were not friends any more "What's with you guys anyway?".

Second not telling Peter is not stopping Harry from trying to kill Peter anyway. At least if he knows he knows that MJ still loves him and that there's an impending threat close to him that he can be prepared for.

But instead MJ decides breaking his heart and not telling him his best friend did it is the best option.

Rubbish!

You can say it til you're blue in the face, it doesn't change a thing. The fact she ended up kissing Harry at all just shows what kind of a person she is. She initiated it, too.

Yes it's worse. At least you can say that she never loved John in SM-2. Any animosity she showed toward Peter in 2 was because she didn't know he was Spider-Man and his constant letting her down looked bad from her side.

In Spider-Man 3 she knows everything, they are finally together, and she treats him like dirt, behaves like a hypocrite, lets his life be in danger unknowingly without telling him, breaks his heart needlessly, and kisses his best friend.

Yeah, to say she was worse in SM-3 is an understatement.

6. Spider-Aziz

My agreement matters
    When I'm wrong, I say it
    When I'm not, I say it

7. Picard Sisko

Well, what's better or worse is opinion at this point, so...

8. Spider-Aziz

Sigh, I think someone needs to remind us again to stop derailing the thread
    Did the thread run its course for us who gave our answer to the title?

9. Human Torch

Human Torch Well-Known Member

It seems ok to derail the thread if the sole purpose is to bash SM 3 :cwink:

10. UltimateWebhead

UltimateWebhead Black's the new Red&Blue

It's a harsh truth.

11. Human Torch

You've used this as damning evidence of how awful MJ was before.Having watched the film again recently,I can't see this "hateful jealous" look you describe.Disappointed,frustrated,dejected-OK."Hateful"? I'm guessing you haven't seen the film since the theater,and if that's the case,you ought to at least check out the scene again.
    Again,as I said before MJ was testing her feelings for JJ against her kiss with SPIDER-MAN-NOT PETER.It's not like she was dating/semi-engaged to Peter like they were in SM 3.How you can not see a difference is beyond me,but far be it from me to try continually to convince you.

Again,it's more a story contrivance.Not a particularly effective one to be sure,but it's not beyond the realm of plausibility that she believed she was protecting Peter.There should've been a scene to cement that fact.

She ends up kissing Harry due to a little thing called "drama" that writers like to introduce into stories every so often.:cwink:

12. Picard Sisko

Ain't that the truth. :)

13. GremlinZilla89

GremlinZilla89 Well-Known Member

And so does TDK. But people choose to brush those off to the side because it's "TDK OMFG BEST MUUUVII" But I digress.

And I actually, shockingly agree with Joker on this debate. MJ is a horrible character in these films. And she gets worse as the series goes on. She's nothing more than a bland, drab, negative cipher. A mere goal for Peter to accomplish.

14. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Well-Known Member

Raimi didn't know what to do with MJ I think that's clear as the films went on

15. The Joker

The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

I've seen the movie in theaters, and I have it on blu-ray, too. I stand by what I said. She throws him a dirty jealous look.

BS. She was using the sacred amazing kiss on a guy she doesn't even love. If she has to kiss a guy upside down to know if she loves him or not then she's even more shallow than I gave her credit for.

I know the movie expects us to believe she was protecting Peter, but unless she only has two brain cells floating around her head, then she should have clearly seen that was not the way to do it since there wasn't a damn thing to protect Peter from Harry just because she's broken up with him. Not to mention she KNOWS Peter can handle himself. He doesn't need protecting. But he sure as hell needs a warning when someone he thinks is his best friend is out to get him.

What drama did that add to the story? Nothing. The kiss is never mentioned again, meaning MJ was made look like a loose lips harpy again for no reason.

16. Green Goblin

Don't worry Torch and Aziz, it's ok if you like Spidey 3! Perhaps a future generation will look back at CBM's and see it the way you do! :)

17. cloverfan98

cloverfan98 Well-Known Member

Hey I like SM3 a lot too. That doesn't mean I can't see the flaws in it but I still like it.

18. Human Torch

Yeah,I think most people feel that way.

I just don't get the "Like Batman & Robin- OMG<WURST FILM EVR!!!!"comparisons.

I'd rather watch SM 3 every day and twice on sunday than TASM.:woot:

19. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Well-Known Member

For me all 3 of Raimis films aint great, but SM3 has abit of an edge just because I enjoyed seeing the black suit scenes taken from the comics, aka bell tower and hanging upside down on the building

Other then that... Glad we got a new universe set up now, hope to see venom and the black suit again but with more care :)

20. Spider-Aziz

Exactly
    It's not the best Spidey film, but definitely not one without joy

21. Green Goblin

I think it's great that just because a certain film is unpopular you still rand by it, even though I disagree with it I respect that :up:. I enjoy B&R too.

22. UltimateWebhead

UltimateWebhead Black's the new Red&Blue

I was extremely disappointed with SM3 in the theaters and still have feelings of 'what could have been' with the film's potential. However, these days I'm able to watch the movie with greater affection. Time heals wounds maybe, I dunno. It's def not as horrible as people make it out to be, like say near the dreadful Catwoman level of atrocity. There are some very cool moments sprinkled throughout and are worth watching over and over.

23. Senator Pleasury

Senator Pleasury Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    "Well, why go to a fine restaurant, when you can just stick something in the microwave? Why go to the park and fly a kite, when you can just pop a pill?"

24. Human Torch

25. Green Goblin

Human Torch your avatar makes me cringe lol