Who will be remembered as DC's LAMEST villain of all time?

That-Guy

Avenger
Reaction score
Okay, we have Lex and the Joker duking it out for the #1 spot of who is DC's greatest villain... but who do you think is the absolute bottom of the barrel when it comes to DC bad guys? I didn't include a poll because I'd undoubtedly leave someone out who deserves a spot. But here are the bad guys that I personally can't stand, off the top of my head.

Captain Cold
Mr. Mxyzptlk
Bat-Mite
Captain Boomerang (in case you haven't caught on, I pretty much hate any villain with the word "Captain" in their name)
Tweedledee and Tweedledum
Merlyn
The Fiddler

"Who will be remembered as DC's LAMEST villain of all time?"

Lame villains aren't remembered :confused:

The Question said:
Cold's ****ing badass, man. Read Johns' Flash run, you'll see why.

:up:

Recommended Captain Cold reading -
Flash #182
Catwoman #21

Just goes to show, there are no bad characters, only bad writers.

Mxy was pretty sweet in Adventures of Superman.
Rucka's Mxy issues in AoS were his best ones, IMO...and his entire run was fantastic.

Captain Cold is probably one the best villains DC has got. He is easily one of my favourites up with Black Adam and Johnny Sorrow (and the rest of the Injustice Society).

Merlyn has been badass in the past with his League of Assasin adventures.

Crazy Quilt, Kite-Man have always been the classic "lame villains". The new Sonar as well was a walking failure for Kyle Rayner.

But people have been threatening to make both Crazy Quilt and Kite-Man much more badass for years and it could easily be done. Look what was just done with Catman and The Calculator. Everyone always talks about Catman being turned around but the Calculator in my opinion was a much better turn of character making him amazingly dangerous. At least Catman had fought Batman to a stalement before... Calc was a man walking around dressed as a Calculator leaving math based clues to his crimes.

Personally I always hated Scarface and the Ventriloquist.

Rainbow Raider. Come on, how do you really beat a guy named "Roy G. Bivolo" who rides rainbows around?

Also, anyone who claims that Mxyzptlk is a lame character after reading Rucka's AoS and Moore's Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow should probably just give up on comics altogether. :(

Cold and Boomerang are great villians :up:

I like Busiek's reasoning on why Composite Superman is lame:

Kurt Busiek said:
I think he's kinda sorta horrible, actually. Half-Batman, half-Superman, named after one of them, with the powers of the whole, uh, Legion?

Next up, the Composite Flash -- dressed like Flash on the left, Green Lantern on the right, and with the powers of all the Metal Men!

But Mark Waid likes him, so there's always hope, even if I have no love for poor Compozzy.

kdb

He is a pretty stupid character. I don't think he trumps the Rainbow Raider, though. :p

I'll give my vote for Bat-Mite. If you manage to remember a really lame villain I think it would be Bat-Mite.

Green Lantern said:
What about Composite Flash, would he? :o
No. The Flash, Green Lantern, and the Metal Men are all cool. Nothing about rainbows or the name "Roy G. Bivolo" is cool. :o

... How bout Composite Rainbow Raider; half RR half Crazy Quilt with all the powers of the cast of Gotham Central? :o

Ok, that would be more lame. I think that would threaten the entire space/time continuum with its lameness.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Rainbow Raider. Come on, how do you really beat a guy named "Roy G. Bivolo" who rides rainbows around?

Also, anyone who claims that Mxyzptlk is a lame character after reading Rucka's AoS and Moore's Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow should probably just give up on comics altogether. :(

Sorry dude, I will always hate Mxy... just because someone writes a good story and revamps a character to some degree doesn't make up for decades of him being the most annoying *****ebag in comics. Of course, that's just my opinion... but ever since I was a kid, my eyes would roll every time I picked up a Superman comic and found out Mxy was in it. But to each his own.

how 'bout Clock King?

clockking4js.png

That-Guy said:
Sorry dude, I will always hate Mxy... just because someone writes a good story and revamps a character to some degree doesn't make up for decades of him being the most annoying *****ebag in comics. Of course, that's just my opinion... but ever since I was a kid, my eyes would roll every time I picked up a Superman comic and found out Mxy was in it. But to each his own.
Wow. Good thing you weren't reading comics in the '40s. Batman would forever be stuck in the goofy, Dick Sprang mode for you. :(

I'd just like to say- Composite Rainbow Raider made me bust up laughing.

This guy imho is number 1

kite-man.jpg

This second guy... though not a regular villain deserves a special mention.

superman1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"