Who will be the best villain of 2013?

I love Shannon on BE(2nd best show on TV after GoT, IMO) so I expect great things from his Zod. It's the rest of them behind the scenes(writer, director, producer) that have me worried about it all. I have little to no faith in them.

What? The Nolans/Goyer? You're entitled to your opinion, but together they gave us Bane, The Joker, Ra's al Ghul, Two-Face and Scarecrow. Three of them at least left an impact with the general audience.

I'm not worried about Snyder's writing simply because he didn't write the screenplay.

Yes... [30 years ago] so was The Joker. Point?

Good luck with that one. :funny:

Keep in mind that while Ledger's Joker did transcend any comparison to Nicholson, to do so he had to give pretty much one of the best performances of any actor, in any film of the past 10 years.

So yeah, easier said than done.

Honestly his casting in MOS was the first I'd ever heard of Michael Shannon. Although I'm excited to see what he does. :)

At the moment, I think Benedict Cumberbatch is likely to impress me, even based on his first appearance in the opening. There's this strange aura around him.

Keep in mind that while Ledger's Joker did transcend any comparison to Nicholson, to do so he had to give pretty much one of the best performances of any actor, in any film of the past 10 years.

So yeah, easier said than done.

Stamp's Zod was one of the best in CBM history but people are getting the wrong idea. It's not about overshadowing a performance from decades ago to receive recognition. Is it any different than what Ledger did? Heath didn't go into filming thinking about dethroning Jack, and he didn't mold his Joker after Nicholson's, after all.

Shannon will do his own thing [with his own inspirations], and likely be impressive.

Honestly his casting in MOS was the first I'd ever heard of Michael Shannon. Although I'm excited to see what he does. :)

You gotta watch Boardwalk Empire.

Michael Bay loves him. He's been casted in Pearl Harbor and Bad Boys II in minor roles incidentally.

Stamp's Zod was one of the best in CBM history but people are getting the wrong idea. It's not about overshadowing a performance from decades ago to receive recognition. Is it any different than what Ledger did? Heath didn't go into filming thinking about dethroning Jack, and he didn't mold his Joker after Nicholson's, after all.

Shannon will do his own thing [with his own inspirations], and likely be impressive.

Ledger's Joker was the perfect storm, a great actor (something Shannon isn't), playing one if the greatest villain of any medium (something Zod isn't) under the direction of a great director (something Snyder isn't), you get a great performance that can rival and arguably beat a Jack Nicholson performance.

Michael Shannon > Ben Kingsley

That's why Zod is getting the nod over Mandarin. Kingsley hasn't had a memorable performance in years, and Shannon has been praise-worthy in his last five outings.

That, and Marvel Studios has done a forgettable job with its villains (with the exception if Loki).

Zod has been done before, and will be compared to Stamp's performance which will be hard to beat.

And Shannon couldn't hold Kingley's jock strap.

Bolg, Azog and Smaug. Boy thats some 3 headed villain monster but my guess is they will save Smaug as the Big Bad in 2.

Anyone not familiar with Shannon needs to see Take Shelter. Best male performance of 2011 IMO.

Ledger's Joker was the perfect storm, a great actor (something Shannon isn't), playing one if the greatest villain of any medium (something Zod isn't) under the direction of a great director (something Snyder isn't), you get a great performance that can rival and arguably beat a Jack Nicholson performance.

Ahhh, I get it.

the-haters-have-arrived.jpg

'Shannon not a great actor' is downright laughable. You aren't selling anyone on that. :lmao:

I hope they are all great, but I especially hope as a movie MOS succeeds and I also hope Zod is a big part of that.

What? The Nolans/Goyer? You're entitled to your opinion, but together they gave us Bane, The Joker, Ra's al Ghul, Two-Face and Scarecrow. Three of them at least left an impact with the general audience.

I'm not worried about Snyder's writing simply because he didn't write the screenplay.

I only liked two of those villains(Ra's & Scarecrow). Of course I only liked one of those movies as well(BB).

And Snyder has yet to make a movie that I like.

Judging from what I've seen Benedict whatever his face is has me most excited. The trailer sells him really well.

IM3 looks good but not because of Kingsley. I hope Zod has a giant fight with superman but Zod is more of a Bane character than a Joker, his character isn't made to chew scenery.

For the love of God, please watch Revolutionary Road and Boardwalk Empire.

My vote goes to Zod. Though I'm looking forwardf to Kingsley's interpretation of Mandarin.

Ahhh, I get it.

the-haters-have-arrived.jpg

'Shannon not a great actor' is downright laughable. You aren't selling anyone on that. :lmao:

When people say ignorant crap like that, I wonder if they actually watch that actor's body of work before reach this conclusion.

30armvq.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"