Sequels Who WILL direct part 2?

Triligors said:
SUPERMAN WILLZ HAVE TEH AWESOMEST LEGS AND MAKES A GAZILLIONZ BAZILLIONZ TRILLIONZ DOLLARZ!!!!

You're the best box office analyst here Trill :up:

Um, you do know that that is not even a quote right?

Yes, I thought it would be the movie of the summer. BUT so did MANY magazines- claiming it will be the biggest movie of the summer. That didn't happen. And I wasn't the only one who thought it was going to do great.

Triligors said:
Um, you do know that that is not even a quote right?

Yes, I thought it would be the movie of the summer. BUT so did MANY magazines- claiming it will be the biggest movie of the summer. That didn't happen. And I wasn't the only one who thought it was going to do great.
Yes but unlike Cinemaman you didn't have the grace to go back to the thread you started and admit you were wrong:)

hunter rider said:
The X1 to X2 comparison has no bearing here,in that instance Singer made X1 under pressure and with a limited budget,only when it was a hit did he get the time and money needed to make X2 superior
In the case of SR he had all the time,money and creative freedom he wanted

I would like to see Ridley Scott take up the mantle or JJ Abraham's

:up: finally someone said it.

I'd really like them to do a Superman Returns Again, story and forget some of the events of Superman Returns for the sequel. Who should direct it? hmmm, I wouldn't mind James cameron...

Galactical said:
:up: finally someone said it.

I'd really like them to do a Superman Returns Again, story and forget some of the events of Superman Returns for the sequel. Who should direct it? hmmm, I wouldn't mind James cameron...

There are others out there who have the talent to direct it, but the issue that comes into play is most directors probably don't want to have to deal with Superson, and Singer made a hole with that.

Furthermore, how do you get fans to forget the events of Superman Returns when a sequel is not that far off? I'd like to see a relaunch, but it would probably confuse a lot of the mainstream. People would lose a lot of confidence in the Superman franchise because they can't seem to get it right.

They should have just done a reboot from the beginning, but Singer had to ape the Donner film, and now everyone's paying for it. I really don't know if there's a director who can salvage the mess that Singer and his two useless yes men (Harris/Daughtery) did.

I'd love to see a Ridley Scott, James Cameron, or Peter Jackson step up and fix things. I'd love to see someone who understood source material other than just the Donner film.

Unfortunately, Singer has shoved this in everyone's face, and it's really a hard mess to fix. His ego had to have his yes men and his connection to the Donner film, and he had to bring us Superson with Supermagnolias.

Singer might be brought back under certain conditions. Daugherty and Harris, I'm not so sure about.

Jochimus said:
Singer might be brought back under certain conditions. Daugherty and Harris, I'm not so sure about.

I agree. I think Dougherty and Harris are going to be the first casualties of the box office disappointment. I think Singer is fairly loyal to them however, and would leave with them.

Get Bruce Tim and Paul Dini to write Superman Reterns 2 and get Brad Bird to direct. These guys aren't afraid to open a comic book.

Jochimus said:

That could be true.

I'll tell you one thing...I know who I DON'T want directing it:

Joel "nipples" Schumacher
McG
Brett Ratner
James Cameron
Tim Burton
Either of the Scotts
The Weinsteins
Anyone who would turn the kid into Super-Lad/make it a Disney movie

I'd really like to see someone with genuine 100% affinity for the source material. YOu know, I might get ripped for this, but what if Nic Cage were to try directing? or like a Goyer (or Joss Whendon) co/directing with Cage. I mean Cage is extremely dedicated to the material...he'd be liekly to treat it with the respect it deserves...

Or there is also Jon Favearu...if you could slip it in with Iron Man

blind_fury said:
Get Bruce Tim and Paul Dini to write Superman Reterns 2 and get Brad Bird to direct. These guys aren't afraid to open a comic book.

Me likey :up: :D

Singer to direct. Paul Dini and Jeph Loeb to write the story. Dougherty and Harris can write the screenplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"