The Walking Dead Who will Negan kill

They can't kill Glenn, because it's something everybody knows about and with this cliffhanger, you're not going to draw something out that you can easily find out. Though they ****ed themselves with this and now they have to commit.

Maybe the writers are banking on viewers thinking the way you do. Plus, Glenn at first glance would seem to be a less likely candidate because they already fake-killed him earlier in the season. So his second death would be a double surprise for the audience.

I told some friends this, but here is WHY the cliffhanger has ruined the death of whoever it may be -

1. In a season opener, fans/audiences will not have the same emotional attachment to characters as they have coming off an 8 week stretch of watching the show. So whoever it is wont have the same emotional impact.

2. Regardless of who they choose to be the victim, the shock value will be gone, because for the next 6 months fans will have speculated ad nauseam who it was and why it was "insert random character", so that when we finally know, it wont be a shock, but instead the reaction will be "oh...oh, ok" and that will be it. Had the death happened in that moment, after 90 minutes of tension and the 11 minutes of Negan's speech, the emotional impact would be 100x more devastating.

Just my opinion, of course.

But Rick is also the guy who led a rebellion against him that resulted in 20+ of the Saviors being killed. He should just whack Rick and name a puppet leader in his place.

Wouldn't work. Rick is a inspiring leader. If you've ever worked for someone like that you will try to move mountains for that person. Negan would have to kill everyone in the scene or else they would go to war to avenge Rick.

Also by killing everyone he would be crippling Alexandria by doing that and it would basically making that camp useless to control since 1/2 to group and ALL the movers and doers are dead.

Finally if Rick killed 20 of his people then he know Rick's group is tough so they are more useful alive than dead.

Wouldn't work. Rick is a inspiring leader. If you've ever worked for someone like that you will try to move mountains for that person.

So you'd want your enemies to be led by an inspiring leader? What if Rick tried to lead them in rebellion against the Saviors?

Negan would have to kill everyone in the scene or else they would go to war to avenge Rick.

Also by killing everyone he would be crippling Alexandria by doing that and it would basically making that camp useless to control since 1/2 to group and ALL the movers and doers are dead.

No, they wouldn't avenge Rick because there'd be no one to lead them. I'm certain they'd want revenge, but what are they going to do against Negan's numbers, especially since their beloved and resourceful leader is dead?

Finally if Rick killed 20 of his people then he know Rick's group is tough so they are more useful alive than dead.

If you're a dictator, the last thing on earth you'd want are tough, but potentially disloyal followers. You want followers who fear you, will obey you unquestioningly, and who won't ever rise up against you.

So you'd want your enemies to be led by an inspiring leader? What if Rick tried to lead them in rebellion against the Saviors?

Killing Rick would make him a martyr. Breaking him in front of his people would have more effect than killing him cause they would think if Rick is a wimp then why should we rebel

No, they wouldn't avenge Rick because there'd be no one to lead them. I'm certain they'd want revenge, but what are they going to do against Negan's numbers, especially since their beloved and resourceful leader is dead?
No one to lead? Daryl, Glenn, Micchone, or Abraham couldn't take over?

If you're a dictator, the last thing on earth you'd want are tough, but potentially disloyal followers. You want followers who fear you, will obey you unquestioningly, and who won't ever rise up against you.
Yes but also most dictator's are ego-maniacs so it would be easy to underestimate Alexandria. Remember Eugene know how to make ammo, Daryl can easily survive in the wild and he could train people.

Just as much as the Saviors spied on Alexandria, they can be spied on as well.

I'm thinking it's Glenn. Not only is Steven Yeun currently filming a movie, but he's also filming a live-action Voltron series for Netflix. His death would be the most impactful, leaving his pregnant wife to raise their child without a father.

Killing Rick would make him a martyr. Breaking him in front of his people would have more effect than killing him cause they would think if Rick is a wimp then why should we rebel

So what if he's a martyr? What are they going to do about it against Negan's superior numbers?

No one to lead? Daryl, Glenn, Micchone, or Abraham couldn't take over?

And none of them have masterminded attacks against his people. If he's looking for a competent leader, his best bet is to put Rick down and place one of these individuals in charge.

So what if he's a martyr? What are they going to do about it against Negan's superior numbers?

And none of them have masterminded attacks against his people. If he's looking for a competent leader, his best bet is to put Rick down and place one of these individuals in charge.

No, the idea was to break Rick down to the point where he had no choice but to do what Negan tells him to do - and make sure all of his people saw him serving Negan. These people put their faith behind Rick, the best way to break his people is to render their leader just as helpless.

Plus Negan wants to punish Rick by making him live with the fact that he got someone in his group brutally murdered - that the price he pays for messing the Saviors was something he won’t ever be able to fix.

Martyrs can be a very powerful tool. Look at the 300 Spartans.

Those people are Rick's friends and they believed in him. You think that they would just sit down and do nothing? What about Carl? You don't think he will want revenge?

Everyone has machine guns so they only thing is number multiple abuses can cut those down quick.

No, the idea was to break Rick down to the point where he had no choice but to do what Negan tells him to do - and make sure all of his people saw him serving Negan. These people put their faith behind Rick, the best way to break his people is to render their leader just as helpless.

Plus Negan wants to punish Rick by making him live with the fact that he got someone in his group brutally murdered - that the price he pays for messing the Saviors was something he won’t ever be able to fix.

Exactly.

I PRAY it's Eugene. I have never grown fond of his character. His hair offends me.

I don't think it will be him though. I can imagine them going with Aaron, despite the fact that no one cares about him.

They wouldn't dare make Aaron the victim. After that massive cliffhanger it has to be one of the main cast members.

If it's Aaron, Sasha, Eugene, or Rosita there will be a massive backlash. Nobody wants to be kept waiting 7 months just to see one of them die. They just don't have the status or popularity for that.

Exactly. The point is that it’s a devastating loss. Not just getting rid of the baggage of a random character.

If it's Aaron, Sasha, Eugene, or Rosita there will be a massive backlash. Nobody wants to be kept waiting 7 months just to see one of them die. They just don't have the status or popularity for that.

You could almost put Abraham in that same category. Not to say that people don't like him, but the fandom really has an affinity for the characters they've known from the beginning like Rick, Daryl, Glenn, Carol, etc. Abraham is still kind of a second-tier character in terms of popularity. Needless to say, I think he's the one who Negan kills, and it would fit as a "devastating loss" within the show because, well, there goes the group's muscle. Viewers would be upset, but not as much as if it were Glenn or Daryl.

I actually think people would be upset if Eugene died too. He got a lot of development this past season. I don't think it's him because they made it too obvious with his goodbyes to Rick and Abraham. If Abraham dies, there'd be room for even more development since he wouldn't be there to watch Eugene's back.

Based on the heavy foreshadowing all season, I'd say Glenn. But there's a small chance it could be Abe too. He got a few moments in the finale that felt similiar to other characters that were about to die, plus examining the leaked footage, it seems like Negan is hitting someone in the middle of the line up.

Then again, it's TWD so they could throw continuity out the window.

Exactly. The point is that it’s a devastating loss. Not just getting rid of the baggage of a random character.

I agree, but with the track record these writers have, it wouldn't surprise me if they went with Aaron...

The speculating can stop. It should've been obvious from the jump, who Negan Lucille'd. And it was obviously [BLACKOUT]Hardcore Henry.[/BLACKOUT]

This season has just been too bizarre for it to be anyone BUT Glenn.

I really don't even care.
I used to really love this show but this season has been an exercise in irritation.

It's got to be Glenn. The Who Shot JR hysteria is exactly what AMC wanted. Playing right into AMC's hands.

We'll see how well the premiere does, then how well the subsequent episodes do in the ratings once people who swore off seeing any more of the show actually do stop watching it.

It might be the ratings bonanza they wanted at the cost of the rest of the season's numbers for angering so many fans.

I think the season 7 premier will be a ratings hit. Possibly their highest rated episode yet. Most people, no matter how peeved they are at the S6 finale, will want to know who Negan kills.

That I think is a definite possibility but what about the episodes after the premiere? How many people are going to stick around to see the aftermath?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"