Who would you cast for an Avengers film?

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
An Avengers film (apperently loosely based on The Ultimates) is being considered seriously by Marvel right now with Zak Penn(X2, X-men 3, Elektra) writing the script for it right now. So who would you cast for an Avengers film?

Captain America- Dan Wells
Doctor Strange- Pierce Brosnan
Iron Man- Robert Downey Jnr, Mark Whalberg
Jack of Hearts- Penn Badgley
Moondragon- Shannyn Sossamon
Luke Cage- Tommy 'Tiny' Lister
Wonderman- Nicholas Brenton
Lionheart- Emilia Fox
Giant Man- Rhys Ifans
Ant man(Scott Lang)- Jason Schwartzman
Black Panther- Michael Jai White
She-Hulk- Adrienne Wilkinson
Hawkeye- Skeet Ulrich (ultimate) Chris Evans
Mockingbird- Kate Hudson
Tigra- Jaime Pressly
Falcon- Mekhi Phifer
Wasp- Jolene Blalock,(Ultimate) Ming-Na
Thor- Dolph Lundgren, Triple H
Nick Fury- Dennis Quaid, (Ultimate) Samuel L. Jackson
The Black Widow- Milla Jovovich
Starfox- Victor Webster
Jarvis- Timothy Spall
Maria Hill- Lisa Edelstein
The Vision- Dominic Keating
Spider-Woman- Rose McGowan
Iron Fist- Tony Jaa
Echo- Jenna Dewan
Sentry- Daniel Goddard
Black Bolt- Bill Nighy
Krystal-Sarah Michelle Gellar
Cloak- Taye Diggs
Dagger- Emma Caulfield
Silver Surfer-Vin Diesel
Ms Marvel- Heather Wahlquist
Agatha Harkness- Maggie Smith
Moon Knight- Sam Worthington
Goliath- Dulé Hill
Namor- Wentworth Millar

Or for an Ultimates film...

1st Movie:
Captain America/Steve Rogers: Casper Van Dien, Dan Wells
Iron Man/Tony Stark- Robert Downey Jnr, 2nd choice- Mark Wahlberg
Giant Man/Hank Pym- Rhys Ifans
Wasp/Janet Pym- Ming-Na
Thor- Triple H, Vladimir Kulich
Nick Fury- Samuel L Jackson

Supporting Cast:
Bruce Banner/Hulk- Steve Buscemi (+CGI for the Hulk)
Bucky (younger)- Justin Berfield
(older)- Dabbs Greer
Kawalski- Dylan Baker
Betty Ross- Jennifer Connelly
Gail Richards- Lorna Gray
Jarvis- Timonthy Spall

2nd Movie:
Natasha Romonova/Black Widow- Milla Jovovich, Ivana Milicevic
Hawkeye/Clint Barton- Chris Evans
Quicksilver/Pietro Maximoff- Stuart Townsend
Scarlett Witch/ Wanda Maximoff- Pauley Perrette

Kleiser- Kevin Bacon

Directed by David Twohy(Chronicals of Riddick, Pitch Black) or Paul Greengrass (The Bourne Ultimatum)
Composed by John Powell(Bourne Supremacy, Italian Job or Michael Giacchino("Lost")

Steve Buscemi for Ultimate Bruce Banner is a great choice. :woot::up:

Yeah but I'd hate for Marvel to do an Avengers film, especially after seeing how their last two "team" movies - X3 and Fantastic Four - turned out. Give the characters their own movies, let them shine on their own.

for tigra i'd say victoria pratt
btw who is lionheart?

3dman27 said:
btw who is lionheart?
Lionheart is Kelsey Leigh. A hero from England, who served with the Avengers. And at a time, carried on the mantle of Captain Britain, before returning to the name Lionheart. Which she currently goes by, and still operates in England.

Batman said:
Lionheart is Kelsey Leigh. A hero from England, who served with the Avengers. And at a time, carried on the mantle of Captain Britain, before returning to the name Lionheart. Which she currently goes by, and still operates in England.

She should be on the Excaliber team in the current comics

Wentworth Miller as Namor is a great choice.

WTFimVENOM said:
She should be on the Excaliber team in the current comics
Well, she did make an appearance in the series. New Excaliber #4.

Captain America-
Doctor Strange-
Iron Man- Johnny Depp
Jack of Hearts-
Moondragon-
Luke Cage-
Wonderman- Adrian Pasdar
Lionheart-
Giant Man- Aaron Eckhart
Ant man - Simon Baker
Black Panther- Chiwetel Ejiofor
She-Hulk-
Hawkeye-
Mockingbird-
Tigra-
Falcon-
Wasp- Ashley Scott
Thor-
Nick Fury -
The Black Widow- Milla Jovovich
Starfox-
Jarvis-
Maria Hill- Jada Pinkett
The Vision- John Corbett
Spider-Woman-
Iron Fist-
Echo-
Sentry- Daniel Goddard
Black Bolt-
Crystal-
Cloak- Usher Raymond
Dagger- Christina Aguilera
Silver Surfer- Doug Jones
Ms Marvel- Heather Wahlquist
Agatha Harkness-
Moon Knight-
Goliath- Carl Lumbly
Namor- Oded Fehr

I definitely want Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury.
Ultimate Nick Fury pwn3s (616) Nick Fury, so they can make all movie forms of Nick Fury the Ultimate version.

Warhammer said:
I definitely want Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury.
Ultimate Nick Fury pwn3s (616) Nick Fury, so they can make all movie forms of Nick Fury the Ultimate version.

I agree with Jackson as Fury. I can see it now...

"Captain! Get me the Mother****in Avengers now god*** it!"

vida guerra for....(you know for what)

TIGRA

Cap - Josh Lucas
Thor - Andrew Byniarski
Fury - Chris Noth
Quicksilver - Freddy Prinze Jr
Tigra - Faruzia Balk
Namor - James Marsters
Wasp - Catherine Bell
Hank Pym - Bob Sagget
Black Panther - Wesly Snipes
Cage - LL Cool J
Jessica Jones - Peri Gilpin
Hawkeye - Eric Christian Olsen

Nick Fury - Gary Sinise
Captain America - Jason Lewis
Iron Man - Robert Downey Jr.
Thor - Johann Urb
Giant Man - Aaron Eckhart
Wasp - Jane March
Hawkeye - Eric Christian Olsen
Black Widow - Peta Wilson

If there is going to be an AVENGERS movie coming out before each invidual member's own movie (such has with HULK, IRON MAN, ANT-MAN), you can't have huge stars in it. For a sequel-type movie and spin-offs, it can usually only be up-and-coming actors or unknowns, such as the case for Spiderman, X-Men, Hulk, and FF4 (Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Eric Bana and Tobey Maguire were cheap and still relative small-time). It would be wiser to get unknown stars so that the movie companies contract them for their own individual superhero movies/sequels/spin-offs. Furthermore, the Avengers should be in their 20s to late 30s. We can't have the same actors doing spin-offs if they are about to reach middle age. Some of the superheros are an exception such as Robert Downey Jr. as IRON MAN. Iron Man is never represented as a young man. So 40 is the perfect age for him.

HULK: Eric Bana - he can still do this movie and a Hulk sequel. He's still not a huge actor. Buscemi is too old to play Banner now. He's in his 50s.

BETTY ROSS or BLACK WIDOW: Mia Kirshner - she is a hot, young, great actress and she can kick ass (see her in the tv show 24). For Betty Ross, she looks like and acts like Jennifer Connelly. For Black Widow, she can play a kick-ass Russian. Give her a role already. She is due to play a superhero or be in a superhero movie already. Enough of casting skanky Milla Jovovich for every female action role or Russian role.

IRON MAN: Robert Downey Jr. - he's a great choice, because he is used to being a side actor and not a headlining actor, so there is not reason for him not to do this movie.

ANT-MAN/GIANT-MAN: Simon Pegg - there is no reason for him to only be famous in the UK. He can easily do the role or an obnoxious, mysogonist, egotistical, argumentative person. He's a good actor, funny, have a good love-hate chemistry with female partner (Wasp), and be liked/hated at the same time. Plus he is British. And Brits can do these roles perfectly. People only talk about him for Ant-Man, but he would make a good Giant-Man too. You can't have a huge dude, like Aaron Eckhart, playing Giant-Man - you need like an average to short-sized man, because Hank Pym has size/confidence issues.

THOR: Karl Urban - just give the role to him already. He's a good actor, has huge presence, likeable, attractive, not that famous, and looks like Thor (see Lord of the Rings). There is absolutely no need to cast a feminine-looking Swedish actor with albino-blond hair that looks like Fabio for this role.

CAPTAIN AMERICA: ? (probably going to be an unknown a la Brandon Routh). I'm not really sure about this one yet. He is the leader and he has to be an actor that can act old school. He has to be a gentleman, respectable, tough, and blond I guess. You can't have some current tool frat boy actor play him, such as Jerry O'Connell, Josh Lucas, Casper Van Dien. I like the idea of JASON LEWIS (he could play Sentry as well), but I'm not sure if he is a good actor or if he has movie presence.

WASP: Ashley Scott. She's another sexy actress that is due for a breakout. She was awesome in BIRDS OF PREY. She sort of looks asian too, so she can play a comination of regular or Ultimate Wasp. And she is the type of actress that is one step away from always stripping or flirting, just like WASP

NICK FURY: Samuel L. Jackson. They already had a white Nick Fury with David Hasselhof. Just make him Ultimate Nick Fury. It's no big deal. And Samuel L. Jackson was born to play Ultimate Nick Fury. He is the type of actor you can always get for sequels and cameos as well.

BLACK PANTHER: Michael Jai White all the way. He's got the voice and he's got the moves. He can fight. Why isn't he an action hero star already? And he was Spawn. He deserves a more respectable Superhero role such as Black Panther.

HAWKEYE: an unknown and definitely not Orlando Bloom

I think that's the base characters for THE AVENGERS. The group can get big, but those are the starters. They may have to throw in WARBIRD, just to have a blonde actress in the group, because so far the only females in the movie are Betty Ross and Wasp (brunettes, white/asian). It woudn't even be definite if Betty Ross would be in the movie. So if they are going to have to have more females, WARBIRD is probably the way to go. They aren't going to have Scarlett Witch, because she is brunette and she doesn't seem like part of the prototype Avengers group. They can save her for a sequel, and have her soap opera storyline with Vision, Wonderman, and Quicksilver. Save those four for the sequel.

Ironically for the AVENGERS VILLAINS, the three main ones - BARON ZEMO, RED SKULL, and KANG - are all either hooded or will have good make up (Red Skull). So you just need some good voice actors for those three. And further ironically, those three villains are all sort of similar, so they are going to have to choose one, and then the main baddie will probably have some robot/alien minions for the Avengers to smash up since the movie will be PG-13. If I had to choose one villain, I would want KANG, because he's a kick-ass genius villain a la ZOD from SUPERMAN 2. The plot would be awesome, that KANG would want to enslave the human race. We are so used to monster looking aliens wanting to take over earth, but there really aren't enough humanoid aliens wanting to take over earth, as was with ZOD and co. in Superman 2. And the AVENGERS are the Earth's defenders. It would be very epic, with awesome action and special effects. Baron Zemo and Red Skull are little too tame. Red Skull is basically just a Hitler knock-off who's really pissed at Capt. America. The nazi villain is getting a little old, although nazis always make entertaining villains. Baron Zemo may be a little to Cobra Commander campish for a current superhero movie. KANG ALL THE WAY!!!

jediab said:
I agree with Jackson as Fury. I can see it now...

"Captain! Get me the Mother****in Avengers now god*** it!"

"I've had it with these mother****in' Hydra goons on this mother****in' Helicarrier! :cmad:"

Nick Fury - Samuel L. Jackson
Captain America - Matt Damon
Hank Pym - Chris Evans
IronMan - Robert Downy Jr.
Hulk - Topher Grace
Wasp - Natale Portman
Thor - Sean Bean
Black Panther - Wesly Snips

isn't ultimate wasp portrayed as asian clark kent you're thinking of 616 wasp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"