Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

Discussion in 'The Avengers Sequels' started by spideymouse, Jun 28, 2012.

?

Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

1. Captain America

2. Iron Man

3. Thor

4. Hulk

5. Black Widow

6. Hawkeye

7. Nick Fury

8. Maria Hill

9. A new Avenger (please specify)

10. A new SHIELD agent (please specify)

11. Other (please specify)

12. No one!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. DrCosmic Professor of Power

Speaking of women in fridges, I think we could see Pepper bite it in Avengers 2. She's almost done, RDJ will only have one movie left after.

Kang explains recasting, interestingly enough can explain recasting, bringing in a younger version of Tony, or an alternate someone else. Cap can be replaced by BuckyCap pretty easily, and Thor can be brought back with Asgardian Tech. Kang can bring *anyone* back, as you said, so there's that too.

But to be fair, that's not really "killing off" characters per se. They get killed, but they come back the very next phase, really.

2. MessiahDecoy123 Psychological Anarchist

If the choice is between recasting Iron Man and killing him off, I'd choose killing him off.

Hopefully that won't happen until Avengers 3.

3. MessiahDecoy123 Psychological Anarchist

Hawkeye is the only Avenger who should get the red shirt treatment this soon.

Black Widow is out because she one of the few females on the squad.

The Big Four (Hulk, CA, IM, Thor) are all untouchable IMO.

4. DrCosmic Professor of Power

I think you guys are overestimating the big 4. Iron Man is the only one who is really untouchable.

5. MessiahDecoy123 Psychological Anarchist

Hulk is pretty much elevated the first movie single handedly and I'm not just referring to the Loki "fight".

Thor and Captain America are less popular than Iron Man but their ongoing solo movies protect them from getting wacked anytime soon.

6. SuperFerret King of the Urban Jungle

Recasting Stark wouldn't be too hard. Just play out the time Rhodey was Iron Man in the movies for a film or two, and when Stark comes back, well, he looks kind of different, you know, sort of how Rhodey did between Iron Man 1 and 2.

7. terry78 You can do the Pac-Man

Anybody playing Iron Man after Downey leaves would just be someone impersonating RDJ doing Tony Stark. His take has pretty much become the character.

8. SuperFerret King of the Urban Jungle

Good thing that these characters can and have changed greatly over the course of five (or more in some cases) decades.

9. MessiahDecoy123 Psychological Anarchist

No matter who's next it will be 2 hours of the audience booing the screen.

They have to kill the character off until the a reboot. It's the only way to get rid of RDJ without a backlash.

10. DrCosmic Professor of Power

Hulk, yeah, he's pretty close to untouchable. Thor can be resurrected in his film, and Captain America can be replaced in his. They're not untouchable, imho.

11. KDM1986 Midnight Sons Founder

A captain america funeral in avengers 3 would be amazing to see. Set up Bucky becoming the new captain america.

12. J'adore Vous

You mean the only female on the squad

13. jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

that doesn't mean we wont be getting any though. There will be more

14. J'adore Vous

I dunno....It's like Disney and Warner Bros are battling to see who can get the most underdeveloped roles for women

15. ericadawn16 Registered

Yeah, don't they watch all these interviews with Clark Gregg where he repeatedly asks for a Black Widow movie?

16. DrCosmic Professor of Power

Indeed... and they're giving her political thriller spy storyline to Cap for Cap 2. They're going to keep sidekicking her. Who knows, she might be in Thor 3 at this rate...

17. KDM1986 Midnight Sons Founder

Not every hero needs a solo movie.

18. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Not every hero needs a solo movie, yeah, but even I have to dock Marvel Studios a few points for pussying out on superheroines, same as every other studio out there. So far, the only real Marvel/DC superheroine movie out there has been Elektra, which failed miserably due to ****** writers and ill-conceived casting.

But yeah, even Marvel Studios needs to step up their game by getting chicks in the mix. Sausage-fests are tiresome as hell in superhero movies.

19. Xeno That's America's ass!

Listening closely to Gregg's latest interview, he said that there has been some talk at Marvel about doing a Black Widow movie. At one point a few years back they had hired a writer to do a treatment, but nothing came of that. Hopefully they've reconsidered after The Avengers and will go forward with it.

20. fixxxer ...goes to 11

Black Widow has been/will be developed well enough in the MCU. It's not like I wouldn't be excited for a Black Widow film, but... BRING ON MAJOR DANVERS, DAMMIT.

21. Mr. Dent Registered

I disagree with this. Whoever takes up Tony Stark after RDJ will do their own portrayal, and it it's good it's good. People forget that characters like Bond, Batman, and Superman have been recast numerous times and each time the actor brought their own interpretation to the role. Stark is not untouchable, we just haven't seen anyone but RDJ do it.

22. KDM1986 Midnight Sons Founder

Adding females to the greater MCU and giving them their own solo are two different things. I'm all for adding Mrs Marvel and Spider-woman to the MCU but I don't believe they could hold their own film and be profitable to Marvel/Disney. And at the end of the day that's what matters most.

23. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Not singling you out -- because your opinion is a *very* common one -- but this cowardice is the reason why Hollywood hasn't produced a blockbuster female-centered action film yet. Hunger Games and the first Tomb Raider are the only ones that qualify as bona fide blockbusters. I'd hope that the eye-popping numbers that THG (and, inevitably, the sequels) generated have finally given Hollywood execs the balls to start throwing some money at the heroines.

24. DOOZlovesBOOZ Registered

Agreed, I really think Ms.Marvel could work for at least one movie. They need to just use the EMH episode with the sentry as a baseline and go with it. And Iets be honest it is an absolute outrage that WW hasn't made it to the big screen yet.

25. KDM1986 Midnight Sons Founder

See the hunger games was a series of books that already had an established audience. Which I think helped it out immensely. I had no desire to see the movie but my girl had read the books so we went. It was a decent movie but nothing I couldn't have waited too see at home.

And of I'm honest even though I'm a comic fan I don't know how excited I would be for a solo female superhero movie. I just think that the demographic for female lead action movies is small. A lot of risk.

Also I don't take offense too people he who don't agree with my way of thinking. Or even debating with me. That's the whole point of being on this message board.

I think we can both agree though that we want the MCU to continue to thrive and expand with all its unique and different characters that they can bring to cinemas.