Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

Discussion in 'The Avengers Sequels' started by spideymouse, Jun 28, 2012.

?

Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

1. Captain America

2. Iron Man

3. Thor

4. Hulk

5. Black Widow

6. Hawkeye

7. Nick Fury

8. Maria Hill

9. A new Avenger (please specify)

10. A new SHIELD agent (please specify)

11. Other (please specify)

12. No one!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ericadawn16 Registered

I think Marvel's females have plenty of readers as an "an established audience" especially Black Widow, Captain Marvel and the younger Hawkeye.

Sometimes, people get so used to the old rules of "This can't work and that can't work" that they don't realize...it's a different world and with the right cast and crew...yes, yes it can.

I think we all remember when everyone said you couldn't make a pirate movie...
    Then, Jerry Bruckheimer and Johnny Depp broke that rule to the tune of 3 or 4 billion and counting.

2. DrCosmic Professor of Power

And if Jerry Bruckheimer and Johnny Depp or any other HugeName and HugeName decide to make a female action movie, it'll do gangbusters. The problem is, there aren't really many HugeName female stars, none of them considered action stars.

If Angelina Jolie and James Cameron decided to do a superhero film, it would get done, also likely to the tune of 3 billion dollars. This doesn't certify the same result for, say Zack Snyder and say, Emily Browning. Maybe Charlize Theron or Jennifer Lawrence and a mega-director could do it. Both Bruckheimer and Depp had already pulled down a couple billion dollars each before making something that couldn't work work. A female superhero, if it was going to be wildly successful and not just barely successful like Tomb Raider, would need similar talent in front of and behind the camera.

Or they could just base it on a wildly successful and beloved book series. Black Widow, Captain Marvel and Young Avengers are not that. On a total side note, as female characters do and flourish a lot better in print than in visual media, it might be interesting if someone did a serious book series on Captain Marvel, or Black Widow. I'd enjoy that.

Exactly. No one 'threw their money' at a very popular book series that happens to star a girl, and is, despite some okay action and a political game problem, a love story at heart, as that is how the story is resolved. No one is being brave when they Make Iron Man or Hunger Games. Expecting people to spend money 'bravely' is pretty silly.

#352 DrCosmic, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  3. Bad Superman World's Grimmest Hero

Voted No One. I didn't like agent Coulson dying on the first film.

4. ericadawn16 Registered

Does it change your opinion of his death now that they're bringing him back?
    I know it helps for me and it's kind of why I don't care to an extent about who dies. Joss Whedon and comic book laws both dictate that anyone who dies comes back, just not necessarily in the same form.

I still think people are grossly underestimating their audience, particularly females. When Doctor Who was rebooted, they DELIBERATELY worked to attract females to their audience because females have the most power when it comes to how the household money will be spent. Do you honestly think The Avengers made a billion dollars just on teenage boys? It was repeat attendance by females. Yes, that would mean that a female driven superhero would need some male eye candy in the form of a villain or side-kick but I'm okay with that concession.

5. Bad Superman World's Grimmest Hero

He's coming back???? SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!! :cmad::cmad::cmad:

:oldrazz::oldrazz::oldrazz:

I'm glad he's coming back.
    I've avoided spoilers, so I can't comment on his/her?? return. But if he's coming back as a woman
    , that would be unexpected to me.

6. jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

lol I don't think she even suggested that

7. ericadawn16 Registered

But now that you put the idea in my head...

[​IMG]

8. TheHeatKitchen Registered

Ummm.......

That's all I got...

9. Visualiza Jimmy Scrambles

Hawkeye. They don't seem too keen on using him as anything other than a role player, which is fine, but the MCU isn't getting any smaller. If he has to kill someone off, let it be him and let him have a heroic death.

10. Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

11. Visualiza Jimmy Scrambles

12. Terror Inc. Registered

I don't wanna see Hawkeye go either. I really don't want anyone to "die" except Fury, and even then I don't want him dead, just faking it and going underground.

13. Bad Superman World's Grimmest Hero

Sorry I misread. Sleep deprivation is getting to me. . . . :wow::cwink:

:eek::eek:

Oh God. . . . NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

:oldrazz:

14. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

"Avengers, meet....Tonya Stark. The operation was a...success?"

15. InternetPeople Petty... and tiny

We have the technology. We can rebuild him?

16. jonathancrane I love Marvel, DC & EC!

I would prefer to see a Black Widow film before a Ms. Marvel film. With Danvers, it would be best to introduce her in one of the later films and then allocate a solo film. There's a lot of possibilities -- I enjoyed the nod to her experience with the Russians in TA (maybe set up Lukin?) Or, she could take down a a strain of the HYDRA remnant. There's a lot of possibilities.
    Or...Budapest.