Sequels Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

Iron Man,Thor,Captain America,Hulk are the superstars.Black Widow is only female in Avengers. Nick Furry = S.H.I.E.L.D.

If someone gonna die, it's gotta be someone we already know and someone we might feel pity for.It's doesn't change anything if some unknown shield agent get killed.I say Hawkeye is expandable.

I think you meant expendable. :o

ex·pend·a·ble/ikˈspendəbəl/
Adjective:
(of an object) Designed to be used only once and then abandoned or destroyed.
Of little significance when compared to an overall purpose, and therefore able to be abandoned.

No one there's no need for it , he killed someone in the first to use it as a way to motivate everyone to fight together

I'd love to see them kill off Maria Hill. That would be the perfect way to show that the **** just got real without losing any important characters. She's not a hero, she's not really popular but she does come from the comics. Those factors make her the perfect goat next time out.

I just wanna see The Infinity Gauntlet adapted into film.
Half the Superheros get killed by Thanos, half warped into another dimension.

It's so epic when Cap goes toe to toe with Thanos knowing he is about to get killed, he says something about it still being worth dying for. Perfectly sums him up.

Of course later they are all resurrected when time is rewound, but for sheer spectacle and sense hopelessness such a scene would provide the general audience or anyone who has never read TIG with, to see Thanos kill them all would be a real shocker.

I hope they do it.

I voted for no one! I'd leave the death for A3. Ask me later.

Haha, "let". I like how you phrased that. As if we're the ones in charge.

I voted for no one! I'd leave the death for A3. Ask me later.

Haha, maybe I should start a "Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 3?" thread too. =P

Haha, "let". I like how you phrased that. As if we're the ones in charge.
I used the word "would" as well, implying the hypothetical situation in which you were in charge.

Of course we don't have control. But that shouldn't disallow us from speculating and discussing upcoming films in an open forum.

I'd say Hawkeye, but not until Avengers 3.

Ahh, no one. I can't imagine an Avengers movie without Cap, Ironman, Thor, Hulk and Nick Fury, Doesn't work for me. Hawkeye and Black Widow may be expendable but I don't want them to be killed. Any other? I don't have an idea who should be introduced and then then die? Ask me again later...

At some point I think Pepper needs to die so Tony can implant an ARC reactor in her.

Kill off Black Widow, add some depth to Hawkeye as he mourns her death, and replace her with Ms. Marvel.

Yeah, BW isn't beloved by everyone, and she's the only girl, and Whedon had to fight to get her included at all. Whedon won't kill her off.

The next person that everyone loves is Thor. And because of his mythology, he can survive his death, unlike Hulk/Cap/IM/Hawkeye. Plus, him dying makes the bad guy look unstoppable. I'd let Whedon do it.

fear-itself-thor-death.jpg

Last edited:
Thor would be the logical candidate I guess since like Cosmic said it would go a long way to illustrate the baddies power and you can always bring him back him being a God and all that jazz.

The next person that everyone loves is Thor. And because of his mythology, he can survive his death, unlike Hulk/Cap/IM/Hawkeye. Plus, him dying makes the bad guy look unstoppable. I'd let Whedon do it.

Yeah, but he already "died" in his own movie already.

Simon Williams, super powered movie star , all throughout 2nd. 2nd more personal about lives adjusting to to being heroes, and also lesser villains trying to take them on.Simon dies at end. Birth of Vision at beg of 3rd, Ultron is born.

Yeah, BW isn't beloved by everyone, and she's the only girl, and Whedon had to fight to get her included at all. Whedon won't kill her off.

Thor would be the logical candidate I guess since like Cosmic said it would go a long way to illustrate the baddies power and you can always bring him back him being a God and all that jazz.

Frick both of you...that is all. :woot:

Yeah, but he already "died" in his own movie already.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. This time he would die harder, I guess, but you're right, he could end up with Phoenix syndrome (just kill him again, he'll come back). Obviously, it proves the bad guy is utterly badarse when he takes down powered Thor.

The difference would be that this time it seem permanent ala Gandalf and the good guys left in the lurch like in ESB.

It already took Thor forty minutes to show up in the first film I want atleast one Avengers film where he's in it from start to finish.

It already took Thor forty minutes to show up in the first film I want atleast one Avengers film where he's in it from start to finish.

I'd like Thor to have more interaction with Cap and Tony. Really his only conversation with Tony is during the fight, and with Cap explaining how Loki plans on using the Chitauri.

Thor's most meaningful character scenes were with Loki, Coulson and Fury.

That's my only complaint about the film, but I understand he's an outsider and they have to set him up. But to me Cap, Shellhead and Thor are like the Kirk, Spock and Bones of the franchise.

I'd like Thor to have more interaction with Cap and Tony. Really his only conversation with Tony is during the fight, and with Cap explaining how Loki plans on using the Chitauri.

Thor's most meaningful character scenes were with Loki, Coulson and Fury.

That's my only complaint about the film, but I understand he's an outsider and they have to set him up. But to me Cap, Shellhead and Thor are like the Kirk, Spock and Bones of the franchise.

Clearly, everyone goes on and on about the Cap/IM relationship but in the comics it was more like Cap, IM, and Thor.

hawkeye its not like the team needs him. i mean really he could be killed and the team wouldnt notice for days. i mean the guy just shoots arrows, give me a break.

hawkeye its not like the team needs him. i mean really he could be killed and the team wouldnt notice for days. i mean the guy just shoots arrows, give me a break.
I think this sentiment is unfortunately the result of the underdevelopment of his character so far in the MCU. Here's to giving him a chance to shine in Phase II, possibly in Cap 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"