Sequels Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

Damn you! :argh:

He'll be back

^ lol

Thor died in his own movie and for my taste he died to often in the comics. That's getting old.

I keep forgetting he died in his own movie. I don't think being killed suddenly while powered and not coming back instantly would draw comparisons but meh, whaddo I know?

Thor must DIE!Thor must Die!Thor must DIE!Thor must Die!Thor must DIE!Thor must Die!Thor must DIE!Thor must Die!Thor must DIE!Thor must Die!:oldrazz:

Someone will be shooting lasers at Iron Man and they'll accidentally shoot through a window and kill Sharon

Referring back to BTVS, [BLACKOUT]Tara[/BLACKOUT] had finally become a strong, independent and extremely powerful ally to The Scoobies. She was even [BLACKOUT]added to the main cast/opening credits on the episode of her death[/BLACKOUT]. So it really wouldn't surprise me if Joss builds up Hawkeye some more in Avengers 2 only to kill him off.

There are many reasons behind it:
  • Many people who saw the Avengers, don't read the comics. Therefore they weren't too similar with Hawkeye anyway and I doubt they left the film thinking "Oh wow, I love Hawkeye". No. He's expendable, but also has some relevance (whereas Coulson's position was easily replaceable).
  • They can't kill off Black Widow because she's the token female of the team. Period. Same goes for Maria Hill, she's the token female of SHIELD.
  • Hawkeye is just an amalgam of Captain America and Black Widow except on a lesser scale.

Don't get me wrong, I love Hawkeye but....c'mon. He wouldn't be missed in a great deal. (Also no fake deaths because...TDKR).

Really Hawkeye is the only one of the Avengers you can kill off.

The friendship between the big three should, and hopefully will, become the core of the movies. You do want to build stakes for the audience and keep the threat tangible but you don't want to tear out the series' still-beating heart. Otherwise you're left with just the thing's shell.

Learning to deal with and channel the monster inside is the entire point of Hulk's character, in many ways his death would be a reprieve instead of a sacrifice and/or shock. Thematically it sends the wrong message. And Black Widow is the token female, and in some ways the audience surrogate.

You can kill off Fury or Hill too but it's not as strong as killing off one of their own, a member of their little "family".

Plus an awesome heroic death is the perfect thing to take Hawkeye from a fun side character and turn him into a hugely memorable character in his own right, for fans and non-fans alike.

The friendship between the big three should, and hopefully will, become the core of the movies. You do want to build stakes for the audience and keep the threat tangible but you don't want to tear out the series' still-beating heart. Otherwise you're left with just the thing's shell.

Learning to deal with and channel the monster inside is the entire point of Hulk's character, in many ways his death would be a reprieve instead of a sacrifice and/or shock. Thematically it sends the wrong message. And Black Widow is the token female, and in some ways the audience surrogate.

You can kill off Fury or Hill too but it's not as strong as killing off one of their own, a member of their little "family".

Plus an awesome heroic death is the perfect thing to take Hawkeye from a fun side character and turn him into a hugely memorable character in his own right, for fans and non-fans alike.

Good point, especially the part about the big three becoming the core of the future films.

Thor must DIE!Thor must Die!Thor must DIE!Thor must Die!Thor must DIE!Thor must Die!Thor must DIE!Thor must Die!Thor must DIE!Thor must Die!:oldrazz:

I wanted to use this gif for so long, but that post is worthy

tumblr_m77j0fOg4j1rzjlc4o1_500.gif

:oldrazz:

I agree with this. I don't think the friendship between the big three was important in Avengers, but I think the franchise would be better if Thor got added to the Cap-Tony dynamic.

And besides... if you kill Thor off in 2, there's no one else to raise the stakes with in 3. :)

Made these when the clip came out

test.gif

Headbutt.gif

The one with the headbutt is a bit big...

Hill by a mile. She serves no purpose, they could squeeze in a nice death for her that could strike a cord with the audience.

The problem is its too predictable to kill off a minor "red shirt" character. Coulson was an exception because hes been in every Marvel movie from the beginning. Killing someone like Hill would have minimal impact.

Have some balls Joss! Cap must die!!

Seriously though, I think killing Hawkeye is the way to go, as long as he has an expanded role in the sequel and he goes out like a hero.

Uh keep reading next time.

Although now that I think about it, a "comic book" death for Cap could be great. A la Spock in Khan. Why not? Won't be a dry eye in the house. Then you bring him back from the dead in Cap 3.

I dont see them doing this, but its certainly doable.

they can introduce then kill off henry gyrich.. the really reactionary government liaison..

D-list heroes: Gilgamesh, D-Man, Shamrock, Texas Twister, Frog-Man..

If Thor, Cap, IM, or Hulk ever get killed in one of the sequels I will get up and walk out of the theater and say "**** Marvel Studios".

they can introduce then kill off henry gyrich.. the really reactionary government liaison..

D-list heroes: Gilgamesh, D-Man, Shamrock, Texas Twister, Frog-Man..
I don't think they have the rights to Gyrich, unless it's a Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch sharing deal with Fox.

You guys are *****es. You know how many times they've "killed" these characters over the years? Nothing wrong with a heroic death for one of the main characters. They're not gonna stay dead, so what's the problem?

Also there are near-death scenarios as well. Tony could have his mind wiped. Cap could be sent to the past/future (i hate time travel btw), either Banner or Hulk could take over permanently (or so it would seem) or be shot into space, and Thor could just straight up die since he would come back anyway.

Now I am convinced that someone big will "die" in TA2. Take your pick, Joss. Dont wuss out and kill Maria Hill.

Hawkeye shouldn't be killed. Wasted oppourtunity. The MCU will continue on for as long as it stays succesful, and Hawkeye deserves to be a part of it, not just kileld and forgotten early on.

I say keep everyone alive in A2, but in A3 kill off Hill, Fury or another SHIELD agent.

You guys are *****es. You know how many times they've "killed" these characters over the years? Nothing wrong with a heroic death for one of the main characters. They're not gonna stay dead, so what's the problem?

Also there are near-death scenarios as well. Tony could have his mind wiped. Cap could be sent to the past/future (i hate time travel btw), either Banner or Hulk could take over permanently (or so it would seem) or be shot into space, and Thor could just straight up die since he would come back anyway.

Now I am convinced that someone big will "die" in TA2. Take your pick, Joss. Dont wuss out and kill Maria Hill.

Ok :whatever:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"