Who would you want to see as VP

Actually if you look up at RealClearPolitics which pretty much shows every relevant poll, she is still in the lead in both Massachusetts and California.

Yeah, I saw that yesterday when a new Rasmussen poll came out showing that Hillary still was leading in those two states.

Actually if you look up at RealClearPolitics which pretty much shows every relevant poll, she is still in the lead in both Massachusetts and California.

The polls have been going back and forth. While Hillary has remained ahead of Obama, her lead has shrunk. And in California, she's statistically tied with Obama, with only three points between the two.

Massachusetts is difficult to nail, because a recent poll shows her 6 points ahead. However, two other polls-- one released before the South Carolina primary, and one after-- shows her ahead by 20 points.

Bob Dole was on Colbert last night and he suggested Condi Rice as McCain's VP running mate. It scared the hell out of me, too. Someone hold me. :(

jag

Obama - Honestly starting to think that it WILL be Tim Kaine. For some reason, I just see it....

I've been thinking the same thing as well. A moderate Southern Governor who could deliver the Virginia's. He may not be that much more experienced than Obama, but I don't think Obama would go with a Dick Chenney-styled running mate.

Joe Biden for Obama.

Condi Rice may be a good pick for McCain if Hillary Clinton wins....it nullifies the whole "am I gonna vote against the first minority" mentality. ..... Although Condi is associated with the Iraq War, so is McCain.....

I think he'll stick with another southern governor or senator with conservative credentials...

Obama would take the route as Bill Clinton.......Al Gore is exactly a "Dick Cheney" type, but Gore had lots of experience before being VP....

I think the question is would he offer her the VP or any other position in his cabinet... I say he will not in both cases, because he wants to distance himself from the Clintons and their way of doing things, at the same time, have people he can trust... as he said tonight; and yes, that was a swipe at her.
:woot: I don't think he'd except, even Rodham-Clinton offers

Clinton/ Obama is looking more and more likely. The DNC won't let there be a brokered convention, and that seems like the kind of deal which would be made to prevent one from happening.

If Obama wins, though-- and it's looking a bit more likely than it was a few weeks ago-- he'll have to go for a man of experience, a white guy from a traditionally red state. Possibly Mike Easley, Evan Bayh, Brad Henry, Mark Pryor or Byron Dorgan.

Man, if Obama grabbed Evan Bayh as his VP I'd be down for that. :up:

jag

Bob Dole was on Colbert last night and he suggested Condi Rice as McCain's VP running mate. It scared the hell out of me, too. Someone hold me. :(

jag
Oh Jesus Christ! If that happens they might as well have "Bush: Part 2" as their campaign slogan.

Call me crazy, but I'd love to see a McCain/Obama run against Clinton.

I could see Huckabee being VP for McCain. What I would think of as a great move to get McCain the conservative base he is lacking though would be to pull out an old conservative like Newt Gingrich as his VP. Do that, and those conservative votes are yours.

Do I think that will happen? No. ut I think it would be a great idea.

I could see Huckabee being VP for McCain. What I would think of as a great move to get McCain the conservative base he is lacking though would be to pull out an old conservative like Newt Gingrich as his VP. Do that, and those conservative votes are yours.

Do I think that will happen? No. ut I think it would be a great idea.

Newt will never be in the administration of McCain...not that I think of course.

Newt will never be in the administration of McCain...not that I think of course.
I agee with you on that. The only way I could ever see Newt doing VP was if it was another Cheney situation where he was the one pretty much running th ecountry. And I highly doubt McCain would go for that. It's one of thosething that looks great on the voting ticket, but in real life wouldprobably be disastrous.

Newt is out of favor with the neo-con's that run the Republican party these days. He won't get near a McCain administration, even if he wants to.

jag

Other possibilities for Obama include former Missouri Congressman Dick Gephardt, former Florida Senator Bob Graham, or Oregon Governor Ted Kulongoski.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"