Who'd Be a Great MARTIAN MANHUNTER???

What about Djimon Hounsou?
0.jpg

Yes, James Woods. Think about it. And then think about it some more. His voice would have to be altered, but since J'onn in an alien, that would make perfect sense.

Batman said:
I'll post what I had said about someone playing the Martian in my other thread.

Nathan Fillion
NathanFillian_150x208.jpg

No way man. Fillion IS The Question!

terry78 said:
It could be a black, white, latino, asian, whoever. So long as they can convey his persona, as they'll be under prosthetics and enhanced by CG regardless.

I guess they could reinvent the 'John Jones' identity into a different race, but Id prefer they didnt. I dont mind them reinventing lesser characters but MM/John is too central and hes been associated with that Detective JJ identity for decades....with the classic trenchcoat and hat.

Lawrence Fishburne has always been my choice, by far. His whole look, personality, voice, mannerisms.... he just is the Martian Manhunter. Just give him glowing eyes, some green skin and prosthetics and you're all set.

Seriously guys, just list a bunch of your favrorite actors who are in the age range between 20-60.

Here's a few more casting ideas for J'onn (one or two of them are a little outside the box, but I think they'd work fine):

Dennis Haysbert (24, Jarhead, Far From Heaven, The Unit)

heaven2ia.jpg

Victor Garber (Alias, Titanic, Legally Blonde)

s3cast162ob.jpg

Vincent D'Onofrio (MIB, The Cell, Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys, Full Metal Jacket)

donofrio6yi.jpg

Going with these guys would mean making J'onn a more mature character (I personally think he could be either young or old). D'onofrio is probably the most 'outside of the box' choice, but I think he'd be amazing. Most people are used to his really rough and loud work, but if you check out The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys or Thumbsucker, you see a really calm and tender side of him that makes me believe he could really work as J'onn. Haysbert and Garber both kick major ass and would own the role if they were to portray it.

Larry Fish would probably be my top choice.

Chris Judge, Dennis Haysbert also good

Crisis Superman said:
No way man. Fillion IS The Question!

Fillion has always been my top choice for the role of Question is ever a film was brought up, he could play both sides of Vic Sage and Question well IMO. I'm just saying he'd be great to play the human side of J'onn J'onzz, John Jones. I could easily see him play the private eye detective when not exploring his alien side of the Martian, and seeing what this world has to offer him. Both are roles I think he should consider doing if the films are ever green lighted from comic to big screen.

Crisis Superman said:
I guess they could reinvent the 'John Jones' identity into a different race, but Id prefer they didnt. I dont mind them reinventing lesser characters but MM/John is too central and hes been associated with that Detective JJ identity for decades....with the classic trenchcoat and hat.

I think Martian Manhunter could be any race. The point is him being green. The detective part wasn't as much as a main focus as the green alien form was. He could be black, latino, or asian and it wouldnt really matter.

:cool:

I like the idea of Dennis Haysbert, the guy's huge and he's got a great voice.

bit of an obvious choice but how about Carl Lumbly?

s3cast12.jpg

Dope Nose said:
bit of an obvious choice but how about Carl Lumbly?

s3cast12.jpg

Lumbly voices the Martian in JLU, I think he could probably provide the voice to the character is ever there actually was a film.

He did a fine job on JL/JLU, but if they were to make a full out Martian Manhunter movie, I'm not sure that they'd cast their voice from the cartoon. Kevin Conroy didn't do Batman and Tim Daly isn't doing Superman. He's a fine actor, but having been associated with the character in its animated form kind of cancels him out.

Threshold said:
What would Ralph Fiennes not be good as? :D

Exactly.:up: Its bettre than the obligatory Jude Law suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"