Who's done with ARROW, for killing SPOILER off?

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by Gintoki, Apr 8, 2016.

?

Are you done with ARROW, now that Laurel/Black Canary is killed off?

1. Yes, Killing off Laurel was the last straw for me

2. No, I'm still going to watch the show

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Gintoki Registered

The show has turned into a fan-fic show, pandering to little girls. Marc Guggenheim claims Laurel fans are in 'minority', and are 'unclassy'. Marc Guggenheim is looking pathetic by lying, and even contradicting his previous interviews. I find it funny he says he doesn't let internet influence decisions, yeah I'm looking at Donna Smoak, Donna/Lance romance which shippers begged, and even was confirmed by the actress herself, it happened because the shippers demanded it.

Killing Laurel off was the last straw for me. I know the show is not following comics, and i don't care if Laurel/Oliver romance occurred, but i do damn care if they don't respect the comic source, and killing off the character.

I'm pretty much done after 4x19. What about you guys?

2. Nathan Registered

Actually haven't watched the show in a while, though the reason wasn't Olicity. Just kinda lost interest, like 4-5 Episodes back. Though I did watch the last Episode, because of the whole death deal.

Honestly, killing off Laurel didn't affect me negatively in the least. Since Season 1, I was never invested in the character. She was doomed to fail from the start with the kind of backstory the writers provided, and I honestly never thought she was all that great of an actress to begin with. Her range is that of a soap opera actress to me. Which is why she so excels at being whiny, b**chy and insufferable. Which is not supposed to be a dig against the actress. But it is, what it is. Certain actors only have a specific range. Let's take Jason Statham for example. He's basically himself in every Movie.

So while Cassidy nailed the jilted love interest perfectly, I simply couldn't buy her as a tough street vigilante. I just couldn't. Even Willa Holland is more convincing as a vigilante, and she's a petite, little woman. And let's not even talk about Caity Lotz, she's way beyond Cassidy and Holland, when it comes to portraying a tough, female vigilante.

For me, the Black Canary, or the person who could have eventually become the Black Canary, died in Season 3. And I've been watching the silly adventures of Buckles ever since then. So now that Laurel is gone, I don't have to suffer the butchering of the character any further.

#2 Nathan, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  3. BlueLanternKal Super-Lex

I dropped this garbage show before this happened. Not because I'm a shipper but because this became the ninja version of twighlight and the people in charge of running the show stopped caring about people like me who helped it become what it is popularity wise. If I was still watching killing off Black Canary for the second time in two years would've been the last straw. But the show already drove me away by being unworthy of the adjective mediocre. I should have noted this trend earlier after seeing what they did to Count Vertigo, Deathstroke, and Arsenal. All they care about is making a show aimed a female tweens with a minimum amount of effort and production value. If I were Stephen Amell I'd start auditioning for other parts besides Casey Jones. Arrow has become one of the worst shills in comic book adapted media.

4. Slade W "Who Is Slade?"

I agree with you about Arsenal and Vertigo (the first one in particular was unwatchable), but they did a great job with Deathstroke, in terms of making him an interesting character, as well as a formidable villain. He was also very accurate to the comics. They took plenty from his appearances in the comics and put it into his character on the show, and I can provide examples if you like. I couldn't disagree with you more regarding Deathstroke, unless you are just referring to his season 3 appearance, which was quite disappointing and pointless.

5. Silliminite Symbol Of Hope

I decided to stop watching the show after the horrible Cupid episode, but watched the latest one just to see how the death played out. Not returning next season unless the reviews are top-notch.

6. Asteroid-Man Registered

I wanted to stop after Ollie fought the lackluster Ras the first time around but stuck around until the end of Season 3 then I stopped. Still watching Flash, so as far as I'm concerned, Ollie retires the Arrow, and then he comes back as Green Arrow and all is well.

7. famicommander Registered

I'm not going to stop watching because of crossovers with Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Vixen, Constantine, Supergirl, etc.

I do acknowledge that the show has gotten much worse over the last two seasons but I don't think it was ever a great show in the first place. I thought the first half of season one was pretty bad. The second half of season 1 and most of season 2 were definitely the peak and they were fun but I never considered the writing or acting on the show particularly good.

Arrow is easily the worst show in its extended multiverse. Flash is on another level entirely while Supergirl, Legends, Vixen, Constantine, and 90s Flash are all significantly better.

8. Gintoki Registered

The Crossovers usually have their own story. You can stop watching, and right away dig in to crossover episodes, and understand the story. Only exception was Constatine one, but that was a one-time thing only.

9. The Batman The Dark Knight

Honestly, I haven't watched the show since before the mid season finale, but with what I've heard, I think I'm done with the show.

The thing is, in 2012, there wasn't a Comic Book show like Arrow. But now? It's had it's thunder stolen by The Flash, and both Daredevil and Jessica Jones makes Arrow look like child's play. And most importantly, there's the matter of Arrow being a completely mediocre show for the past two seasons.

There is too much good TV to waste time on a show that, IMO, can no longer deliver.

10. DeadFan Registered

I haven't watched regularly since beginning of S4. Just couldn't get behind Oliver anymore.

I know he can't be exactly same as he was in S2, had to evolve, but seems to be too focused on the relationship with Felicity.

I miss his S1S2 fighting, his competence, he at least had some tech skills in S1, some investigative skills. In fact that's been a major problem for me since they had to boost Felicity's importance: meant they had to put major focus on obtaining info for each episode via computer -- meant less time out on the streets (imagine if Daredevil had an IT hacker and they just spent all their time in the office gathering info and had no need to go out and interact with people to get the info?). Haven't seen them give good focus to villains either. So many reasons.

If they had decided to at least use Laurel in more stories as DA sometimes, interacting with police & courts and then also being BC, I probably would have watched those episodes. But now even that possibility is gone. So I have no reason to watch anymore.

What's the saying, something about the best prediction of someone's future actions is their past actions? I've already given MG enough time, waiting for him to fix this. Just doesn't make sense to keep hoping he'll suddenly become something different than what he is in terms of quality of his showrunner skills.

11. Mr. Forest Registered

Yeah...I'm done. These last two seasons have been doing just bad. This last episode was just the last straw. Killing off Laurel wouldn't have pushed me away if it weren't for the ludicrous writing. I will just still with The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. I will only read story synopses for Arrow here on out to know what happens in the story.

12. famicommander Registered

Most of the entire first half of this season was setting up Legends of Tomorrow, so that's not true at all.

And it isn't just the major crossovers, but small ones like Diggle showing up with his wife on Flash or future Oliver on Legends.

I've got four years invested into this world and its characters. The show as a whole has gotten bad but I still like individual characters like Thea and Diggle.

13. KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

I may finish out the season, but in all likelihood I'm done after this.

14. Avenging Angel We have unfinished business.

I think the main problem with the show is that it's running out of ideas and milking others no one hardly cares about.

15. DeadFan Registered

It's become filled with gimmicks. How long can a show survive on that? Berlanti or someone needs to rein in Guggenheim. Or maybe they really just don't care. I guess the show can go for quite a long time even if ratings drop, given the numbers for other shows on CW

16. Fincher Coming Undone

I'd have been upset if they killed Thea, but Laurel, eh. She's been better recently than she was in Season 3 and early Season 4, but she's never been my favorite. Sara's the real Canary to me, anyway.

I don't think this season is at the level of the first two (which I loved), but so far I think it's been a major step up from Season 3, which I found passable.

17. the gael Registered

I's not so much the fact that they killed Laurel (but it's a shame since she was a very uninteresting character in season 2 and was a much better character now), but the fact that it means more and more Felicity.

I'm fed up with this character. She was fun and fresh as a side character, but now, she's just annoying. Whining and *****ing, and stealing the thunder of Oliver, who is supposed to be the main character and not her.

Since season 3, have we had some interesting character developpment with Oliver ? No, his only developpment is through that ####ing Olicity relationship that plague the show and make Oliver looks like a moron.

Where is the Oliver of season 1 and 2 ?

I've nothing against EBR, she is only an actress. It's the writers' fault. sorry but I have no patience anymore for teen girl fan fiction.

18. Reaver027 Registered

Well i will not drop the show because of this death but i was going to drop the show anyway after this season.

19. Daltonio Avi Arad's Sidekick

Yes Laurel's death was the last straw, I'm jumping off this trainwreck of a show. R.I.P. Laurel and R.I.P. Arrow.

20. Ioini League of Assassin Member

I heard that Felicity is gonna be the BC. I sure hope to God that isn't true, if so then I am really done with this show.

21. Verick808 Registered

I can't say I'm dropping the show specifically because of the death but I'm five episodes behind and can safely say this killed any interest I had in catching up. I might watch a cross over episode but otherwise Arrow is over for me.

22. TheHighlander The Only One

The problem with the show is the villains to be honest. They do not challenge correctly the heroes. This episode was good and Dhark played its cards well. Finally he was ruthless and killed someone... The team needs to hurt.... They made felicity paraplegic and now she is walking again. The miracles of TV Drama.

Too much forced drama instead of focusing on the city. The reality is that the show has lost a lot,specifically with olliver being ousted by the company. It makes no sense having felicity as the head of the empire and olliver just an addon.

All Olliver does is fight... that is it... He has no other dimension to his character. The flashbacks last seasons where he was back home and now on the island again made this season's flashbacks pointless and stupid.

Amanda Waller (cynthia adai) really brought the show down a lot. Bad casting and bad execution. I think the movie counterpart will be much better and better cast.

They had a good show in the beginning. Crossing people off the list... people that really failed the city.... Not anymore... its just DUMBED down.

I will keep watching... its still entertaining every now and then. But they need to up the stakes, get better villains, better subplot. All of them want to destroy the city and that can't be it.

They are going the path of Heroes.

23. SpideyVille Walking out the Desert

By normal logic, these should contradict each other. I never bought into the "He needs to kill someone to be taken seriously" He nearly killed Oliver and his new fiance, if that doesn't break Oliver, why does another death, of someone he hasn't even been as close to in years, mean more?

24. dlphoen Registered

25. Guard82 Registered

Thanks for the feedback links. I registered my disapproval regarding Laurel's death on all three sites. I also let them know that I wouldn't be watching Arrow anymore because of it. It's not that I'm necessarily boycotting the show -- rather, it's simply that too much of the show's content has been uninteresting to me lately, and Laurel was one of the biggest reasons I kept sticking with the show week after week despite its shortcomings. As long as Laurel remains gone, I haven't got sufficient motivation or reason to stick with the series.