Adam West
Michael Keaton
Val Kilmer
George Clooney
Christian Bale
Ben Affleck

Live Action Only Excluds Cartoons.

Last edited:
Affleck shouldn't really be part of it as we haven't seen his full performance yet.

Out of those other choices Bale by a long shot.

Bale, though I was digging Lewis Wilson's portrayal of Bruce Wayne in the original 1943 Batman serial

File:Bruce_Wayne_(Lewis_Wilson).png

You forgot Lewis Wilson:(

I'm not sure, but I like Keaton and Kilmer (underrated).

Kilmer is actually a decent Bruce Wayne. And Keaton was good it's hard for me to give him Bruce Wayne at all, not because he was bad (I liked him) but because he was given very little material in general. Let's face it the first film is actually called "The Joker" and the second is really called "Batman Returns to His Own Movie...every 15 minutes."

"As a man I'm flesh and blood. I can be ignored. I can be destroyed. But as a symbol, as a symbol I can be incorruptible, I can be everlasting.”

Bale gets my vote.

Adam West and Christian Bale

The best portrayals of both Silver Age and Modern Age Bruce, respectively.

And despite not being a comic accurate version, I have a soft spot for Michael Keaton's Bruce.

Keaton by a million miles. Didn't like Bale at all. I'm really looking forward to Affleck though.

I think they all did a good job, to be honest. Even Clooney.

It's no secret that I'm a big fan of Batman & Robin. Not because it's so bad it's good, but because it's good. No need to apologize, Schumacher, your movie made nine year old me a happy kid.

Christian Bale is best. Adam West is good. Val Kilmer is ok. Others are bad.

Michael Keaton and Christian Bale. I am truly hoping that Affleck wedges himself into that list if not eventually taking the top spot.

Bale was the best live-action one for me. He was the only one that really made the character shine for me personally. Though, if I want the classic Golden Age Batman, West is the best in that field.

West is the most charismatic, playboy billionaire persona of the lot. Very likeable and believable as a desirable bachelor with a heart of gold. Bale's playboy act, the rich party boy who swims in hotel 'pool areas', kicks his guest out and 'burns down' his house is also perfect for that interpretation. Can't wait to see Affleck's. I think it's going to be good as well.

In no particular order

Christian Bale
Michael Keaton
Val Kilmer

I watched Batman '89 over the holidays and although this movie still holds a special place in my heart, Keaton's scenes as Bruce haven't aged well. His acting wasn't the problem at all. It was his lack of physical presence that undermined the illusion of Bruce being an finely-honed fighter, particularly when Batman was performing feats like lifting people off of the ground by their lapels.

I watched Batman '89 over the holidays and although this movie still holds a special place in my heart, Keaton's scenes as Bruce haven't aged well. His acting wasn't the problem at all. It was his lack of physical presence that undermined the illusion of Bruce being an finely-honed fighter, particularly when Batman was performing feats like lifting people off of the ground by their lapels.
It's Keaton being Keaton, when he's Bruce. That's why those scenes are still entertaining, because i love the guy, but it's just not very Bruce. You'll get the same thing from the Keats if you watch an interview with him or watch a film where he's not pushing too hard to be a different character. The acting is no problem at all, just not what i think of when i think of Bruce Wayne. There's no indication that he's putting on a public persona since he acts the same way behind closed doors with the great but goofy mannerisms/stuttering/obliviousness. You don't get the feeling that he's a great fighter or is in enough shape to take care of 10 guys in the same room, based on his build or the way he carries himself.

Im siding with Bale until i see Affleck. Im hoping Ben doesn't play private Bruce in the same *****ey way that he's going to play him in public. I guess im OK with that for the new stuff, but it leave him at second place if he does that. It depends on the development of the character throughout the series. If he warms up by the next couple, then he could be a serious contender.

It's Keaton being Keaton, when he's Bruce. That's why those scenes are still entertaining, because i love the guy, but it's just not very Bruce. You'll get the same thing from the Keats if you watch an interview with him or watch a film where he's not pushing too hard to be a different character. The acting is no problem at all, just not what i think of when i think of Bruce Wayne. There's no indication that he's putting on a public persona since he acts the same way behind closed doors with the great but goofy mannerisms/stuttering/obliviousness. You don't get the feeling that he's a great fighter or is in enough shape to take care of 10 guys in the same room, based on his build or the way he carries himself.

Im siding with Bale until i see Affleck. Im hoping Ben doesn't play private Bruce in the same *****ey way that he's going to play him in public. I guess im OK with that for the new stuff, but it leave him at second place if he does that. It depends on the development of the character throughout the series. If he warms up by the next couple, then he could be a serious contender.

Solid post. All good points.

I've always been a fan of Val Kilmer's sole outing as the character, as he took what Keaton had done and built on it while also making it his own.

The problem with Clooney's stint is that he decided (or was encouraged) to absolutely mock the character for no reason whatsoever, which is the only thing that is truly 'wrong' with B&R.

Its Conroy all the way if we're including animation but if not and its just live action then its Christian Bale, while I have some problems with his Batman (minor) his Wayne was perfection.

Of course this could change come March 25th.

I think they all did a good job, to be honest. Even Clooney.

I agree with that statement :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"