Guardians of the Galaxy Who's Your Favorite Character?

Dude of Steel

Civilian
Reaction score
To me, the most impressive thing about Guardians of the Galaxy is the characters. I loved all of them and I honestly can't decide on who's my favorite. So, I'm very curious about what you guys think about the characters and which one you chose as your favorite.

I'll rank the team in order

Groot
Rocket
Drax
Starlord
Gamora

They were all great though. I was surprised at how much I liked Drax and Gamora didn't bore me. Starlord is a great leading man.

Hard to do a personal ranking of the members as they were all loveable. But here it goes:

Drax
Groot
Rocket
Star-Lord
Gamora

This was tough, I liked everyone but if i had to pick one it would have to be SL. I wish I was him.;)

I loved all the Guardians, but Groot still has my heart. He was even more adorable than I'd anticipated. My second favorite was Star-Lord, though. Pratt was awesome as expected.

Last edited:
I loved Rocket. But Groot, Drax and Star Lord are right up there as well.

I can't decide. It's a tie between Rocket, Star-Lord & Groot for me. I really loved Drax & Gamora though, I'm particularly surprised by how much I liked Gamora since she's a bit boring in the comics.

Gamora was cool in this, but she was the straight-woman for the team.

I know he's completely unrelated to the comics version, but I thought Michael Rooker was hilarious as hillbilly Yondu.

Rooker's Yondu was awesome.

It's genuinely hard to pick a favourite. All the Guardians are brilliantly realised and have great action, comedic and emotional beats.

Groot dancing to the Jackson 5 might have pushed him just over the finishing line first though. Anyone who doesn't at least smile at that scene must have no heart.

I really loved all the Guardians and Yondu, I can't really decide... They were all great in their own way. Drax surprised me in a big way, after seeing all the commercials and trailers I thought he would just be a stand-in character to have a fully built team, but he was much more than that.

They were all genuinely great in there own ways. My heart strings were constantly being pulled this way and that way throughout, from the hospital to the dancing twig.

It is a hard decision, but I am going to have to go with Star-Lord. He really brings the film together, almost in an understated manner. Which is insane, because he is anything but understated. But when you are doing battle with a talking raccoon and an adorable walking tree, it can be tough. :funny:

It's a tie between Starlord and Rocket for me. Rocket's drunken rant about his origin really landed well emotionally.

Oh, and he'll need that guy's leg. LOL

Nebula is no one's favorite...poor Nebula
Nebula is my favorite in more ways then one. But she didn't get the time to shine here in comparison. But what Karen did with her was great.

Nebula is one of those characters you want to know more about. She was done justice by Gillen. I hope we see her again in GotG again. Off topic, do you think Thanos can have Ronan resurrected? I'd love to see GotG2 have these two in it again in order to delve deeper into these characters?

Poor Gamora. :(

She was the only one of the Guardians that I wasn't impressed with.

1. Rocket -- It is not even close. He is literarily the perfect combination of Marvel Comics anti-hero bravado and Disney adorableness.

2. Starlord
3. Groot

4. Yondu (surprisingly fun)
5. Nebula (needed more of her)
6. Drax the Destroyer
7. Gamora

Gamora isn't terrible, she's just a non-entity. The only awful character was the villain Lee Pace played. A complete bore to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"