Who's your preferred presidential ticket in 08?

hippie_hunter said:
JOHN MCCAIN AND RUDY GULLIANI :up:

IF THE REPUBLICANS RUN THIS TICKET IN '08, THEY WILL BE GUARANTEED VICTORY!
I'm all about Rudy; but McCain is a little b*tch now. He made up to Jerry "everyone but me is going to hell" Falwell. Plus, he let Bush and Co. make him seem like a looney........no thanks

comicgirl said:
I'm all about Rudy; but McCain is a little b*tch now. He made up to Jerry "everyone but me is going to hell" Falwell. Plus, he let Bush and Co. make him seem like a looney........no thanks

I THINK THAT MCCAIN IS DOING SUCH THINGS BECAUSE HE REALIZES THAT HE NEEDS THE JACKASS, NEO-CON REPUBLICANS TO GET THE NOMINATION :csad:

hippie_hunter said:
I THINK THAT MCCAIN IS DOING SUCH THINGS BECAUSE HE REALIZES THAT HE NEEDS THE JACKASS, NEO-CON REPUBLICANS TO GET THE NOMINATION :csad:

so do I. He originally voted against Bush's tax cuts for the rich, but prior to that he promised that he would never vote to raise taxes. so now he's voting to extend these cuts, and will not vote in favor of repealing them, and his reasoning is that he would have to break his promise, because voting against these tax cuts would mean voting to raise taxes.

so he voted against them, and now he's voting for them. He flip flopped and now he's wishy washing his way to the white house, but I believe he will lose. Rudy will win.

Edd Extraordinaire said:
Stanhope isn't funny. He lost all respect for anything he has or will ever do when he did the Man Show. TRASH.

you'd think with all the chicks with big kitty in bikinnis that this show would be degrading to women, but after watching for the first, only, and last time, I felt like it degraded men. Just because were men, doesn't mean we have to be perverted idiots.

Spider-Bite said:
so do I. He originally voted against Bush's tax cuts for the rich, but prior to that he promised that he would never vote to raise taxes. so now he's voting to extend these cuts, and will not vote in favor of repealing them, and his reasoning is that he would have to break his promise, because voting against these tax cuts would mean voting to raise taxes.

so he voted against them, and now he's voting for them. He flip flopped and now he's wishy washing his way to the white house, but I believe he will lose. Rudy will win.

I THINK MCCAIN WILL GET THE VICE PRESIDENT NOMINATION. HE'S TOO OLD TO BE PRESIDENT.

oh hippe hunter, I want to point out that raising the minimum wage would increase the income for poor people drastically. your tlaking about a 20% increase in income. prices will not raise 20%, if they raise at all. poor people would be able to afford much more than they do now. think how many burgers Mc Donalds sells. If they raised their prices 20% on everything they sell, their increased profit would be several times their new added cost from the raised minimum wage. The poor's buying power would go up.

if they did raise prices 20% they'd be charged with price gouging anyways. I agree with much of your plan, but not all of it.

I want to point out, that we did increase funding for education 4 or 5 years ago, which I thought was a good idea. However the graduation rate went down anyways. I think the throwing money at it didn't do any good. A new paint of coat, and a more expensive desk doesn't help the students learn any better. It just costs more money. I think for grades to improve America simply has to do a better job parenting, and something I support, which America never would support is get tough on our kids with strong discipline.

The reason they fail is because they don't try. If kids refuse to do the work they are told to do, they should get detention. If they refuse detention, or keep not doing it anyways, then they should seirously have to do knuckle push ups in the gym during detention. And if they refuse to do the knuckle push ups, put them in juevnille detention for the night, and I think that needs to be reformed as well. When I was 18 my friend was in it for a while, and I saw what it was like. That's not jail. It didn't even look unpleasant.

Kids simply need an incentive to do good in school. I know people would find this approach mean, but it would simply provide a disciplined lifestyle. In martial arts classes they use this approach, and those kids usually are more likely to graduate, and they are less likely to end up in jail.

Spider-Bite said:
oh hippe hunter, I want to point out that raising the minimum wage would increase the income for poor people drastically. your tlaking about a 20% increase in income. prices will not raise 20%, if they raise at all. poor people would be able to afford much more than they do now. think how many burgers Mc Donalds sells. If they raised their prices 20% on everything they sell, their increased profit would be several times their new added cost from the raised minimum wage. The poor's buying power would go up.

TRY TELLING THAT TO NEW YORK STATE. PRICES WENT UP RIGHT AFTER MINIMUM WAGE WENT UP :o

if they did raise prices 20% they'd be charged with price gouging anyways. I agree with much of your plan, but not all of it.
WHY THANK YOU, IT'S NOT PERFECT, BUT THEN AGAIN, NO PLAN IS OR CAN BE.

I want to point out, that we did increase funding for education 4 or 5 years ago, which I thought was a good idea. However the graduation rate went down anyways. I think the throwing money at it didn't do any good. A new paint of coat, and a more expensive desk doesn't help the students learn any better. It just costs more money. I think for grades to improve America simply has to do a better job parenting, and something I support, which America never would support is get tough on our kids with strong discipline.

The reason they fail is because they don't try. If kids refuse to do the work they are told to do, they should get detention. If they refuse detention, or keep not doing it anyways, then they should seirously have to do knuckle push ups in the gym during detention. And if they refuse to do the knuckle push ups, put them in juevnille detention for the night, and I think that needs to be reformed as well. When I was 18 my friend was in it for a while, and I saw what it was like. That's not jail. It didn't even look unpleasant.

Kids simply need an incentive to do good in school. I know people would find this approach mean, but it would simply provide a disciplined lifestyle. In martial arts classes they use this approach, and those kids usually are more likely to graduate, and they are less likely to end up in jail.

LIKE I SAID, THE MAIN POINT OF MY REVOLUTIONIZING EDUCATION PLAN IS TO CENTRALIZE THE EDUCATION SYSTEM. GIVE THE POWER OVER IT TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AND THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION, NOT THE STATE GOVERNMENTS WHICH HAVE OBVIOUSLY FAILED. ALSO, YOU ARE RIGHT, SCHOOLS NEED TO OFFER, DISIPLINE AND INCENTIVE.

Spider-Bite said:
Rudy will win.

Depends on who the Democrats nominate. A Mark Warner vs. Rudy Guiliani election would be interesting to see.

cb48026 said:
Depends on who the Democrats nominate. A Mark Warner vs. Rudy Guiliani election would be interesting to see.

GUILIANI WOULD WIN THAT RACE. WARNER WAS A GREAT GOVERNOR BUT GUILIANI IS A VERY BIG NAME AND LED NEW YORK CITY DURING 9-11. YOU CAN'T BEAT THAT. GUILIANI IS INVINCIBLE IF HE RUNS FOR PRESIDENT, UNLESS IT TURNS OUT THAT HE'S SOMEKIND OF SECRET UNDERGROUND GAY PEDOPHILE WHO TURNS OUT TO BE A RACIST.

hippie_hunter said:
GUILIANI WOULD WIN THAT RACE. WARNER WAS A GREAT GOVERNOR BUT GUILIANI IS A VERY BIG NAME AND LED NEW YORK CITY DURING 9-11. YOU CAN'T BEAT THAT. GUILIANI IS INVINCIBLE IF HE RUNS FOR PRESIDENT, UNLESS IT TURNS OUT THAT HE'S SOMEKIND OF SECRET UNDERGROUND GAY PEDOPHILE WHO TURNS OUT TO BE A RACIST.

I agree that his leadership following 9/11 would definitely give him an advantage. Though Warner lacks the personal baggage that Guiliani would bring. Regardless of who won, I believe it would be a close race.

Considering that Guiliani is a liberal Republican, I have to wonder what his chances of getting the nomination ultimately are. McCain faces a similar problem. This is something I look forward to to seeing in 2008 in regards to the Republicans. Will they nominate a moderate like Guiliani? Or will they nominate a conservative like Bill Frist?

cb48026 said:
I agree that his leadership following 9/11 would definitely give him an advantage. Though Warner lacks the personal baggage that Guiliani would bring. Regardless of who won, I believe it would be a close race.

Considering that Guiliani is a liberal Republican, I have to wonder what his chances of getting the nomination ultimately are. McCain faces a similar problem. This is something I look forward to to seeing in 2008 in regards to the Republicans. Will they nominate a moderate like Guiliani? Or will they nominate a conservative like Bill Frist?

THE REPUBLICANS WILL BE F**KED UP THE ash IF THEY NOMINATE ANOTHER BUSH-STYLED CONSERVATIVE.

hippie_hunter said:
THE REPUBLICANS WILL BE F**KED UP THE ash IF THEY NOMINATE ANOTHER BUSH-STYLED CONSERVATIVE.

Granted, if the Democrats nominate Hiliary Clinton or any other liberal candidate, a Republican candidate in the mold of George W. Bush would probably still win the general election.

I would really really really love a Rudi Guilliani/Joe Liberman ticket, or - to a lesser extent - Newt Gingrich/Joe Liberman ticket . Actually (though he will not run for President) Haley Barbour of Mississippi would be my ideal Presidential Choice - with Liberman being the VP- but it will never happen. Damn Partisan Politics :(

StorminNorman said:
I would really really really love a Rudi Guilliani/Joe Liberman ticket, or perhaps a Newt Gingrich/Joe Liberman ticket - but it will never happen. Damn Partisan Politics :(

THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY ABANDONED LIEBERMAN, HE'S NOW PART OF THE CONNECTICUT FOR LIEBERMAN PARTY AND HE HAS MANY REPUBLICAN ALLIES.

AND I DON'T WANT LIEBERMAN IN AN OFFICE LIKE THE PRESIDENCY. HIS VIEWS ON VIDEO GAMES ARE VERY MISINFORMED.

hippie_hunter said:
THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY ABANDONED LIEBERMAN, HE'S NOW PART OF THE CONNECTICUT FOR LIEBERMAN PARTY AND HE HAS MANY REPUBLICAN ALLIES.

AND I DON'T WANT LIEBERMAN IN AN OFFICE LIKE THE PRESIDENCY. HIS VIEWS ON VIDEO GAMES ARE VERY MISINFORMED.

Oh I agree about his view on Video Games - which is why I want him VP. He has very little power, yet will add a liberal voice to the white house.

StorminNorman said:
Oh I agree about his view on Video Games - which is why I want him VP. He has very little power, yet will add a liberal voice to the white house.

NO HE IS VERY MISINFORMED. IF A CHILD IS NOT MATURE ENOUGH TO PLAY A GAME, HE SHOULDN'T PLAY THE GAME. IT IS UP TO THE PARENT TO DETERMINE IF THEIR CHILD IS MATURE ENOUGH TO PLAY A CERTAIN GAME. MORTAL KOMBAT, GRAND THEFT AUTO, ETC. DOES NOT CAUSE A PERSON TO GO OUT ON A KILLING RAMPAGE. IT'S THE PERSON'S LACK OF IMMATURITY AND OTHER MENTAL PROBLEMS.

IT'S NOT THE GOVERNMENTS RESPONSIBILITY TO DO A PARENTS JOB.

IT'S NOT THE GOVERNMENTS JOB TO TELL MY PARENTS MY FORMER 16 YEAR OLD SELF WHAT GAMES I CAN AND CAN'T BUY, IT'S THEIR JOB.

IT'S NOT THE GOVERNMENTS JOB TO TELL ME WHAT GAMES MY FUTURE KIDS CAN'T BUY. THAT IS MY JOB.

AND MOST EXAMPLES OF VIDEO GAMES CORRUPTING THE YOUTH ARE MORE LIKE EXAMPLES OF BAD PARENTING. NO PARENT IN THE RIGHT MIND WOULD LET THEIR KID OF A YOUNG AGE BUY GRAND THEFT AUTO, OR DOOM, OR RESIDENT EVIL.

MY PARENTS' FRIENDS HAVE A KID. HE'S A BIT OF A BRAT, BUT HE'S AN ONLY CHILD AND SOMEHOW I'VE TAKEN ON THE ROLE OF AN OLDER COUSIN OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT FOR HIM. HE ENJOYS USING MY STUFF SUCH AS PLAYING MY VIDEO GAMES, WATCHING MY MOVIES, ETC. WHEN HE WANTED TO PLAY SOMETHING LIKE GRAND THEFT AUTO OR WATCH SOMETHING LIKE SPAWN: THE ANIMATED SERIES, I WOULDN'T LET HIM. I KNEW HOW HIS PARENTS THOUGHT, AND IF I WERE A PARENT I WOULD DO THE SAME THING. IT'S CALLED RESPONSIBILITY. PEOPLE SHOULD LEARN A THING OR TWO ABOUT IT. :hyper:

hippie_hunter said:
NO HE IS VERY MISINFORMED.

IT'S NOT THE GOVERNMENTS RESPONSIBILITY TO DO A PARENTS JOB.

IT'S NOT THE GOVERNMENTS JOB TO TELL MY PARENTS MY FORMER 16 YEAR OLD SELF WHAT GAMES I CAN AND CAN'T BUY, IT'S THEIR JOB.

IT'S NOT THE GOVERNMENTS JOB TO TELL ME WHAT GAMES MY FUTURE KIDS CAN'T BUY. THAT IS MY JOB.

AND MOST EXAMPLES OF VIDEO GAMES CORRUPTING THE YOUTH ARE MORE LIKE EXAMPLES OF BAD PARENTING. NO PARENT IN THE RIGHT MIND WOULD LET THEIR KID OF A YOUNG AGE BUY GRAND THEFT AUTO, OR DOOM, OR RESIDENT EVIL.

MY PARENTS' FRIENDS HAVE A KID. HE'S A BIT OF A BRAT, BUT HE'S AN ONLY CHILD AND SOMEHOW I'VE TAKEN ON THE ROLE OF AN OLDER COUSIN OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT FOR HIM. HE ENJOYS USING MY STUFF SUCH AS PLAYING MY VIDEO GAMES, WATCHING MY MOVIES, ETC. WHEN HE WANTED TO PLAY SOMETHING LIKE GRAND THEFT AUTO OR WATCH SOMETHING LIKE SPAWN: THE ANIMATED SERIES, I WOULDN'T LET HIM. I KNEW HOW HIS PARENTS THOUGHT, AND IF I WERE A PARENT I WOULD DO THE SAME THING. IT'S CALLED RESPONSIBILITY. PEOPLE SHOULD LEARN A THING OR TWO ABOUT IT. :hyper:

Again, I agree (with you) on Lieberman's stand on Video Games - which is why I want him as VP, not President. :yay:

StorminNorman said:
Again, I agree (with you) on Lieberman's stand on Video Games - which is why I want him as VP, not President. :yay:

BUT THE WAY YOU STATED IT MADE YOU SOUND LIKE

Oh I agree about his (NOT MINE) view on Video Games - which is why I want him VP

ALSO LIEBERMAN WOULD NOT ADD A LIBERAL VOICE TO THE WHITE HOUSE. HE'S A CONSERVATIVE IN A DEMOCRATS CLOTHING. IT'S WHY THE DEMOCRATS ABANDONED HIM.

LIEBERMAN IS MUCH MORE USEFUL AS A SENATOR WHO BUILDS FRAGILE BRIDGES BETWEEN THE DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS THAN VICE PRESIDENT.

hippie_hunter said:
BUT THE WAY YOU STATED IT MADE YOU SOUND LIKE

ALSO LIEBERMAN WOULD NOT ADD A LIBERAL VOICE TO THE WHITE HOUSE. HE'S A CONSERVATIVE IN A DEMOCRATS CLOTHING. IT'S WHY THE DEMOCRATS ABANDONED HIM.

LIEBERMAN IS MUCH MORE USEFUL AS A SENATOR WHO BUILDS FRAGILE BRIDGES BETWEEN THE DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS THAN VICE PRESIDENT.

with the exception of Iraq his voting record is far left liberal.

hippie_hunter said:
TRY TELLING THAT TO NEW YORK STATE. PRICES WENT UP RIGHT AFTER MINIMUM WAGE WENT UP :o

that doesn't automatically mean it was because of taxes. It could have been the price of gas, taxes, or any other number of factors. but one thing is for sure. they poor weren't as poor as they would have been.

WHY THANK YOU, IT'S NOT PERFECT, BUT THEN AGAIN, NO PLAN IS OR CAN BE.
I do belive that if you got your way chances are things would be better than they are now.

Barack Obama if he'd run.
Captin America if he existed.
Doctor Strange if I wanted to live in interesting times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"