BvS Whose casting is a LESSER concern to you - Ben Affleck or Gal Gadot?

slumcat

Sidekick
Reaction score
Two massive casting announcements that single handedly set up the DC universe in one fell swoop - the casting of Ben Affleck as Batman and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman.

Both received a variety of reactions.

Who at this point is a lesser concern for you - Ben Affleck as Batman or Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman?

Answer in the poll.

Affleck doesn't have to play an icon whose solo film relies on not screwing up. Ben WILL get a solo film, and can learn from his mistakes.

Gadot has ONE shot until the JL movie (if it even gets made). If she does really well, she'll get her own movie.

If she's serviceable (but not great), expect her to be in strictly team ups.

Thus Gal has the harder role, AND not a ton of experience acting-wise.

She also will have to really train, and she might not be accustomed to it.

Her face will be shown in full, so she doesn't have the advantage of being able to use less facial expressions.

Is there a thread contrasting Affleck and Gadot?

And can you add this poll in another thread?

You forgot "Neither one"
or "Both the same."

Neither one is really a concern at this point.

Affleck, cause while yes he's had a few bad performances....I know that bottom line is he is a good actor. Gadot on the other hand.........CANT ACT FOR ****!!!......so yes I'm immensely worried about her....not so much about Batfleck

Gadot hasn't ever got a lead role has she? So she has had less opportunities to show her talent.

Well, if I must pick, I guess Affleck's is of lesser concern to me because he has much more experience. I hope both do well.

I'm not particularly worried about either. However, I voted for Affleck because he has plenty of experience, and has the acting chops needed for a big role like Batman. On the other hand, Gadot has only been in a handful of movies, none of which required serious acting chops. Still, I think she'll do just fine as Wonder Woman. Chris Hemsworth only had a few small parts before Thor, and he's nailing that role.

Considering his pedigree, Affleck easily. I think they will both do well though.

Of course Affleck is lesser of a worry. We have seen him in various acting roles, he has won awards, he is playing a character that has already been shoved in the publics eye.

Gal is the complete opposite. This could be a make it or break it for both her and the character.

I approve of both, but I'm more concerned about Gal, since I haven't seen enough of her work to judge if she'll make a good WW

I have less concern over either of them than I do of threads like these.

Gadot

Only because I have no idea why Wonder Woman is even in this movie.

Hopefully, both do well. Affleck is a lesser concern for now. Gadot has little experience, didn't show any acting range and Wonder Woman character isn't easy to bring on the screen well.

I don't like either but I'd say Gadot is a lesser concern because I'm more worried Affleck won't be able to blend into the role.

I've never seen the Fast & Furious movies (nor do I have any desire to), so Gadot's acting talents are a complete unknown factor to me. She seems very sweet, down-to-earth, and bubbly, and she's clearly excited about the role, but history has taught me to be apprehensive of model-turned-actors. Especially ones that have an incredibly limited filmography.

I've seen enough of Affleck to think that he'll do a good job with Batman. He'll definitely hit Bruce Wayne out of the park.

So Affleck, for me.

Last edited:
Neither is really a concern of mine, I have about equal faith in each that they were picked for a good reason, Snyder has never disappointed me with any of casting choices before why should I be worried now?

Neither

questioning Snyder's casting is like questioning whether or not this movie is going to have action

I have less concern over either of them than I do of threads like these.
:funny:

If I had to choose one I'd say Affleck, but I'd go with a neither option if I could. I have a feeling Gadot nailed her audition in order to land this role, so I'm not too concerned about her, and Ben Affleck has become a very good actor with a lot of dedication to his work, so I expect his Batman to be both very different from what we've seen (ie more like the comic than ever) and awesome in its own right.

I'm not really concerned about either. Obviously, Affleck has more acting experience, but that doesn't mean Gadot won't do a good job. Hopefully she'll be the breakout star of the movie and surprise everyone, especially as she won't be as highly showcased as the other two.

Neither are of a concern of mine at all.

Loaded poll don't you think? It implies that there is a concern to begin with. Where's the option for "No concern at all".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"