Why Can't DC Get it right? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for Flash, while his powers will obviously need to be toned down from the comic peak, I think a much better angle would be to avoid using the normal human opponents as villains. Even if the Flash were only supersonic, the GA is still going to roll their eyes at him constantly being hit by people who have ordinary human reflexes.

So, use speedsters ( sparringly ). Use Grodd ( too bricky to hurt + telepathy doesn't care about speed ). Use Abrakadabra ( sufficiently advanced technology = all kinds of ways to defend against speed ). Maybe use the Trickster ( sure, he's slow, but his speed doesn't matter if you can't find him, or are too busy saving a bus full of nuns on the other side of the city to stop him ).

I don't think Grodd will work in live action. If they can do it, good for them but right now I just cant see it.

My top choice for a FLash villain is still Weather Wizard for the first film.

Its the vision that is lacking. There are two maybe three guys that I can see handling the DC Entertainment division, Bruce Timm, Dan Jurgens and David Goyer. Those three guys have given everything to DC from the get-go, they have the talent to see beyond the characters creating stories that have been read in comic book, seen in television and film.

The only way that it works is if they can do it alone without any interruptions from WB. Batman is getting old is not their only character.

I don't think Grodd will work in live action. If they can do it, good for them but right now I just cant see it.

My top choice for a FLash villain is still Weather Wizard for the first film.

Oh, I agree, Grodd is problematic for reasons of being-taken-seriously. I just mean that he's one of the Flash rogues that the GA would not refuse to believe could challenge the Flash.

All villains can work. If it can work animated then it can work live action. It's the job of the director to make all of Flash's rogues a threat. Either that means toning down or powering up.If Rise of the apes work then Grodd will work.

All villains can work. If it can work animated then it can work live action. It's the job of the director to make all of Flash's rogues a threat. Either that means toning down or powering up.If Rise of the apes work then Grodd will work.

Nope. Not at all. Not true in the slightest

sure anything can work just need a good story and good effects/costume/props or whatever the case.

But getting all that stuff is easier said than done

I just dont see Gorilla City/Grodd being taken seriously at all. It's like Abrham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. Played as a comedy it could be successful, but playing it straight/serious then it'll be laughed at not with

Last edited:
People didn't have a problem with Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes so I doubt they would have a problem with Grodd or Gorilla City as long as it's done right.

But getting all that stuff is easier said than done

I just dont see Gorilla City/Grodd being taken seriously at all. It's like Abrham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. Played as a comedy it could be successful, but playing it straight/serious then it'll be laughed at not with
well if it was easy every movie would be perfect. the point is nothing is impossible to do. grodd can be done, it might fail at its first attempt or succeed who knows. but it can be done, just because you don't perceive it yet doesn't mean it can't be taken serious. the fault will lie in the execution not in the character.

I personally think we're never going to see Gorilla Grod in a live action movie. The character just strikes me as a little to ridiculous, I don't see that translating well into live action. Especially not a whole Gorilla city.

I personally think we're never going to see Gorilla Grod in a live action movie. The character just strikes me as a little to ridiculous, I don't see that translating well into live action. Especially not a whole Gorilla city.

One might say the same thing about a talking raccoon who likes big guns, though. Mind, we don't know how well that will be done, and how well it will go over with the audience. . .

The studio heads are the ones to blame for this. Fire everyone in charge of DC superhero movies, get people who have read the comics and know what their talking about and put them in charge.

Well if they do use Grodd, which again I dont think will work. They should definetly save it for a second film.

The studio heads are the ones to blame for this. Fire everyone in charge of DC superhero movies, get people who have read the comics and know what their talking about and put them in charge.

Just because they read the comics doesnt mean theyre the best for the job. And really? Fire studio heads that have been making WB billions with Harry Potter, Sherlock Holmes, and Batman just because Wonder Woman and other properties arent being made:dry:

I mean the studio heads in charge of the DC stuff, there is this guy who is just that and he oversaw GL I forget his name but he's a *******.

While I don't see any firings happening I do maintain that they need to rethink their game plan.

Game plan? I don't even think they have a game plan. Just throw a bunch of money at a superhero movie and hope it does well. WB struck absolute Gold finding Nolan, but their luck has run out and their lack of finesse with Superheroes is showing.

their plan is to attach nolan to it. wb was so scared of trying something new after nolan told his batman story, they had to get him involved with superman. lets see if nolan helps with all their other movies too.

personally I kinda hope Nolan isnt involved with all of them. I kinda dont want the same guys vision carrying over all of the films/characters

I liked Nolan's Batman films but I'm not sure his style would work as well for other DC characters.

I'm confused as to how one would make a movie based around flash. His super power makes him so fast and impossible to catch on camera. It would be just having a cg blurb across the screen.

Not really... Just have the camera directly following him when running. It could make for some intense, adrenaline rushing scenes if they get it right.

WB/DC are idiots. They are planning a JL movie for 2015, and spinoffs after that. A Spinoff would take at least 2 years to finish, 2017. By 2017, Marvel will have made 10-12 great films. DC is going to fall so far behind.

Man of Steel, Arkham City 3, Teen Titans Go, Beware the Batman, Green Lantern TAS, Young Justice, Lego Batman, and Arrow will all get crushed under a barrage of Marvel movies. What WB/DC needs to do is get people who know what their doing, who know the comics, and focus on making a good movie, not on selling merchandise like they did with the disaster Green Lantern movie.

If they start now:

2013- Man of Steel
2014- The Amazonian Princess, The Scarlett Speedster
2015- King of Atlantis, The Emerald Knight
2016- The Caped Crusader, Man of Steel 2

It's time to get the ball rolling imo.

personally I kinda hope Nolan isnt involved with all of them. I kinda dont want the same guys vision carrying over all of the films/characters

I liked Nolan's Batman films but I'm not sure his style would work as well for other DC characters.

that is what im saying, it is sad they don't know what to do next so they rely on him. why can't they find new talent, like they did when they found him. they find one guy and try to squeeze more out of him, like with singer.

Me either. We'll see how MOS turns out which seems to be heavily influenced by Nolan, even with Snyder at the helm, but I don't like it's first trailer and I thought it is too heavy handed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"