The Dark Knight Rises Why did they wait 5months to blow up the city

:lmao: Goodness, I missed this place. Great to know even after the film there's still so many ridiculous debates and personalities here.

I can't believe the discussion on this page lol.

Rickfox, I'm not sure if English is your first language, but you seem to be misunderstanding a lot of basic information. The Dark Knight has a score of 9.0 on IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1345836/

The Dark Knight Rises is at an 8.8 score: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1345836/

The voting numbers change all the time because people are voting every day on IMDB.

so this is not from IMDB ?--http://www.imdb.com/chart/top?tt0468569

and it never occurred to you that if come to top 250's term, they normally take the lower score into ranking even when the voting number are same ?

:lmao: Goodness, I missed this place. Great to know even after the film there's still so many ridiculous debates and personalities here.

Wouldn't be the Hype without them ;)

That is IMDB. That's a link to an IMDB chart they obviously have not updated since the score is outdated to what TDK is currently at.

and it never occurred to you that if come to top 250's term, they normally take the lower score into ranking even when the voting number are same ?

No, because if the voting number alters the final score then they'd have to change it. The final score is based on the average weighting of votes. TDK's currently adds up to a final score of 9.0.

Wouldn't be the Hype without them ;)

That is IMDB. That's a link to an IMDB chart they obviously have not updated since the score is outdated to what TDK is currently at.

No, because if the voting number alters the final score then they'd have to change it. The final score is based on the average weighting of votes. TDK's currently adds up to a final score of 9.0.

No, because if the voting number alters the final score then they'd have to change it.----- 23 new votes can make 8.9(810105) jump to 9.0(810128)?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]
ggg1.JPG

[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
ggg2.JPG

I have been keep observeing the difference between top250 list and tt0468569 since TDK came out four years ago---from day one(18th july 2008),they use the lower score for top250 ranking--that was the time you can see 9.6(7000+ votes) from tt0468569,at the same time they took 0.5 away and slip it down to 9.1(7000+ votes) so it did not surpass GF and TSR for top 250 ranking

http://www.sbanzu.com/topicdisplay.asp?BoardID=9&TopicID=2377584

Last edited:
No, because if the voting number alters the final score then they'd have to change it.----- 23 new votes can make 8.9(810105) jump to 9.0(810128)?

Yes they can. Heck 1 vote can be all that's needed to make a score change. It all depends on how close that 8.9 was to being 9.0. Obviously in this case it was somewhere between 23 votes.

I have been keep observeing the difference between top250 list and tt0468569 since TDK came out four years ago---from day one(18th july 2008),they use the lower score for top250 ranking--that was the time you can see 9.6(7000+ votes) from tt0468569,at the same time they took 0.5 away and slip it down to 9.1(7000+ votes) so it did not surpass GF and TSR for top 250 ranking

http://www.sbanzu.com/topicdisplay.asp?BoardID=9&TopicID=2377584

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I've no idea what you're trying to say here again. Is English your first language?

What is tt0468569?

Yes they can. Heck 1 vote can be all that's needed to make a score change. It all depends on how close that 8.9 was to being 9.0. Obviously in this case it was somewhere between 23 votes.

23 votes(out of 810100+) can make 8.9(810105) jump to 9.0(810128)

just as I said ---a real genius for statistic

show the formula please

Last edited:

and 52 votes(out of 380991) can make 8.8(380991) slip to 8.6(380939)?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]
sc2954.JPG

[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
ggg3.JPG
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Why didn't you just call it The Dark Knight then instead of using some url address code?

23 votes(out of 810100+) can make 8.9(810105) jump to 9.0(810128)

Yes, especially if all 23 or those votes are a 10 vote, and the 8.9 score was already teetering towards a 9.0 score already.

This very basic math here.

show the formula please

Vote numbers + weight of vote = score average.

and 52 votes(out of 380991) can make 8.8(380991) slip to 8.6(380939)?

What are you talking about? It's not slipped to 8.6. It's still at 8.8: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1345836/

This very basic math here.

What are you talking about? It's not slipped to 8.6. It's still at 8.8: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1345836/

it is 8.6 on top 250 list --so as those two picture shows below--52 votes(out of 380991) can make 8.8(380991) slip to 8.6(380939)?

This very basic math here.----really?

just show everyone how Vote numbers + weight of vote = score average---just put real figure into your formula to set an example----52 votes-- 8.8(380991) ---slip to 8.6(380939)

sc2954.JPG
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

ggg3.JPG
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

it is 8.6 on top 250 list

Which should prove to you AGAIN that this top 250 list is out of date like it is with TDK's score, too. TDK is at 9.0 and TDKR is at 8.8

If you still refute this then you are clearly just being argumentative for the sake of it.

This very basic math here.----really?

Yes. Look:

TDKR_zpsf40b69ae.jpg

It says 382977 IMDb users have given a weighted average vote of 8.8 /10. Weighted average. They average out the votes based on the scores each vote is worth.

Very basic math.

Which should prove to you AGAIN that this top 250 list is out of date like it is with TDK's score, too. TDK is at 9.0 and TDKR is at 8.8

If you still refute this then you are clearly just being argumentative for the sake of it.

Yes. Look:

TDKR_zpsf40b69ae.jpg

It says 382977 IMDb users have given a weighted average vote of 8.8 /10. Weighted average. They average out the votes based on the scores each vote is worth.

Very basic math.

is out of date ----because one got more votes than another as ID Fudgie stated(01:56 AM )?

ggg14.JPG

ggg15.JPG

ggg16.JPG

ggg17.JPG

ggg18.JPG

ggg19.JPG

ggg21.JPG

Last edited:

Very basic math.

keep saying it is Very basic math,yet just can't show everyone how Vote numbers + weight of vote = score average---by put real figure into your formula to set an example----52 votes-- 8.8(380991) ---slip to 8.6(380939)

IMDb users have given a weighted average--- yes, that web page's information does contain words as weighted average, but who told you the formula that imdb used is Vote numbers + weight of vote = score average (by Joker 08:49 AM )?

any IMDB staff or IMDB webpage told you that?? or IMDB staff or IMDB webpage told you they use formula as Vote numbers + weight of vote = score average to deal with weighted average and compute rating scores?

I give up on you. Yes it most likely did garner more votes since Fudgie posted it. It gets votes every day. Same as every movie you have listed there. Some vote scores may be high, some may be low. For example if there's ten votes with a weighting of 8-9, then another ten with a weighting of 1-3, they'd cancel each other out and the weighting wouldn't change much if at all.

I don't need IMDB staff to tell me that. That's common sense. That's how their system of voting works. It's a weighted average of votes based on the number of votes and the score each vote is worth.

This is my last post to you on this. You've had about three different people here try and tell you the same thing. If you still don't see that you're wrong and just not grasping it by now then you never will. Though I still suspect you do know what I'm saying and are just being argumentative for the sake of it. Someone who mentions TDK in their post as some id code off IMDB cannot be serious.

Last edited:
I don't need IMDB staff to tell me that. That's common sense. That's how their system of voting works. It's a weighted average of votes based on the number of votes and the score each vote is worth.

That's common sense---(1+1)x2=4 --formula/ equation and numbers that can fit in---that is common sense

not something that has been claimed as Very basic math,but just unable to be demonstrated to people as calculated equation by using simple figures from a real case( 52 votes-- 8.8/380991 ---slip to 8.6/380939)

Last edited:
LMFAO...this is the first time I clicked on this thread, and the only page I'm reading is this page...and all I'm seeing are people arguing over IMDB scores LOL. Has it been decided yet on why they waited 5 months to blow up the city? I thought it was pretty clear that Bane wanted to "torture" Bruce's soul by making him watch Gotham being slowly destroyed.

Last edited:
Blame rickfox who can't understand basic addition and division or read actual scores on the IMDB pages. A fanboy in denial there.

Blame rickfox who can't understand basic addition and division or read actual scores on the IMDB pages. A fanboy in denial there.

I am the one using facts ,unlike you, come up with conjectures

-------------------------------------------

between 8.9 and 9.0

here is what you said

Originally Posted by Fudgie
Total votes = 810,128

That's more than 810,105. So yeah it's outdated.---

----------------

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]so [/SIZE][/FONT]811711 outdated 811711[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]?[/SIZE][/FONT]?

ggg22.JPG

ggg23.JPG

Do you check IMDB top250 list and those individual movie IMDB webpages on daily basis?

well, for the last four years, I do. and ----- those figures on IMDB top250 list gets update almost everyday

Last edited:
IMDB is terrible. End of argument.

Yeah I thought it was universally agreed upon years ago that IMDB is scraping the bottom of the barrel of Hollywood.

Metastatistics are terrible. They've really been screwing with the video games industry. I'd hope the movie industry is somewhat more immune to it (not tying employees bonuses to a movie getting a 90% rating on Rotten Tomatoes or whatever, like is being done with video games and Metacritic...)

I think this was the thread we were talking about Bane and talia's motivations for still believing Gotham needs to be destroyed, and in rewatching TDKR, there certainly were a bunch of examples.

There were lines by major characters that emphasizes how corrupt Gotham is, however. Talia brings it up while talking to Daggett about how an investment is worth more than just the cost of something. Bruce brings it up with Talia about the vapidness of lavish events to recruit money. Bane's line with Daggett. Selina's line with Bruce. Bane also robs the stock market not for funds, but to destroy the perception that money is important by literally decreasing the value of their money, as that cop explains. Bane talks about Gotham being on 'borrowed time,' probably referring to the Batman's effort to cleanse the city. Bane and Talia infiltrate every level of infrastructure once again, having men working in wall street, as workers who use the concrete to build explosives, Talia as the CEO of Wayne, etc.

And the answer to the original question, which I'm sure somebody has answered already, is that they wanted to feed the hope to both Gotham and Bruce that it could be saved, because "without hope, there can be no despair." Ra's went straight for it, he didn't want to emotionally cripple the place the way Talia and Bane did, because he had revenge in his heart for criminality, not for a man who loved Gotham. They both are mirrors of Bruce, all of them searching for justice, but all differing in their methods because of different codes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"