Why didn't Fury call Carol during the battle of New York in Avengers 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBaxter

Civilian
Reaction score
Just wondering, as Cap Marvel's help would've come in handy in that film.

Because he had the Avengers who, unlike Captain Marvel, were already on Earth and not galaxies away from it.

God, this is going to be the new "how did Batman get back to Gotham", isn't it.

Obviously, this is a spoiler discussion, but I will say this:

Fury needed a response team quickly when Loki stole the Tesseract. At the end of Captain Marvel, he himself says she is on the opposite side of the galaxy. So Fury likely thought she would not be there in time to stop Loki. But, all the heroes he assembles for the Avengers WERE available right then and there.

Great Rao... These kind of threads...

Just wondering, as Cap Marvel's help would've come in handy in that film.

Because that movie was made 7 years ago, the MCU was in a different place.

There's a description by Scott Ladewig on twitter about the scene from Endgame that was shown to Disney shareholders and Carol explains where she has been all these years. There might be discussion about it at the Endgame section.

According to Feige

"Well, I’d say two things," the mastermind behind the Marvel Cinematic Universe explains. "One, she does say it’s gotta be a real emergency, right? The other thing I’d say is how do you know he never hit it? How do we know he never pushed it before? We’ve never seen him push it before. That doesn’t mean he never did."

Does this question really require a thread?

At the end of A:IW....
Fury activates the pager....At the end of CM....she arrives on Earth.

Now, I could be wrong....but the trailers for A:E and the mid credits scene in CM make it appear that it has been weeks or months since the end of A:IW. So....if it took weeks or months, for her to get here from wherever she was, to show up for A:E....it most likely would have taken weeks or months for her to get here from wherever she was if Fury had paged her when the invasion of New York began. Which means the invasion would have been long over by the time she got here. So....there was no need to show Fury page her....then the Avengers stop the invasion....and weeks or months later have her show up at the Triscalion and ask Fury "What's up?" for him to say "Nuthin' much....wa's up with you?"

At the end of A:IW....
Fury activates the pager....At the end of CM....she arrives on Earth.

Now, I could be wrong....but the trailers for A:E and the mid credits scene in CM make it appear that it has been weeks or months since the end of A:IW. So....if it took weeks or months, for her to get here from wherever she was, to show up for A:E....it most likely would have taken weeks or months for her to get here from wherever she was if Fury had paged her when the invasion of New York began. Which means the invasion would have been long over by the time she got here. So....there was no need to show Fury page her....then the Avengers stop the invasion....and weeks or months later have her show up at the Triscalion and ask Fury "What's up?" for him to say "Nuthin' much....wa's up with you?"
that's what i was thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"